Met Sherk and Bas

L0ki

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

image hosting over 2mb

Got a couple chances to hang out with Sherk and Bas.

Sean is a little gorilla. His bone structure and everything. He's one of those dudes where even his fingers are thick.

Bas was fun as it gets.

Has anyone seen the show "Curb Your Enthusiasm"? Especially the Krayzee Eyes Killa?

We got a good chance to joke about stupid stuff, basically.

Holly crap! Sherk is alive????

What is he up to?

Holly crap! Sherk is alive????

What is he up to?

He just remodeled a house and is looking to sell it.

He wants a person who can do drywall, framing, etc. the whole nine to get the max property value.

Did you ask him why he picked "muscle shark"? God that stupid.

He didn't, it was bestowed upon him when he fought in Pancrase. I can't remember the bizarre Japanese logic behind the name, though.

Did you ask him why he picked "muscle shark"? God that stupid.

He didn't pick it it was given to him by the Japanese fans.... I mean you could have just googled that shit, instead of waiting on someone else to hand you the info. Stupid lazy person.

Edit: What that^^guy said

Glad to see Sherk healthy and well, was a big fan during his days in the UFC.

True, but who talked him into that? Lame hangaround: " No really Sean, you should call yourself the muscle shark." Sean: "Dude..that's awesome bro!"

He didn't pick it it was given to him by the Japanese fans.... I mean you could have just googled that shit, instead of waiting on someone else to hand you the info. Stupid lazy person.

No, I just really didn't give that much of a shit. To be honest.

He didn't, it was bestowed upon him when he fought in Pancrase. I can't remember the bizarre Japanese logic behind the name, though.

I think it has to do with Sherk looking like a very muscular alpaca. I believe the kanji for sloth is pronounced shark in Chinese. The Japanese using the Chinese saying of the word because you cant just walk around saying "Alpaca!" "Alpaca!" in their backwards culture.

I think in their writing Sherk and Shark are identical, and he is obviously muscular.

True, but who talked him into that? Lame hangaround: " No really Sean, you should call yourself the muscle shark." Sean: "Dude..that's awesome bro!"

It's unique and was given to him by the fans. It's cool of him to not just acknowledge it, but keep it. I wish Rory would just accept the 'Canadian Psycho' as his nickname.

The Japanese come up with weird combinations of English words. Just look at the names of songs from bands like Shonen Knife. Twist barbie, cannibal papaya. WTF???

Sucks that Sherk's career just winded down the way it did with injuries.

BTW this is irrelevant but does anyone remember that thread with the vampire guy and Matt Hughes?

Back