Merkel Orders New Lockdown: 82 Million people directly affected

Let me spell this shit out so people understand.

You. Can. Not. Stop. A. Virus.
You. Can. Not. Stop. A. Virus.

You attempt to mitigate it, learn to live with it, and create a vaccine. That's it. The fact that people believe they can "lock-down" this shit out of existence is mind numbing fuckery.
This is so true. That's why the whole no return to normalcy until coronavirus is eradicated attitude is fucking insane. This things never going back into the bottle.

Government doesn't even need to pass laws anymore or adhere to their countries rule of law, politicians can just make their own rules on a whim. Gotta love it.

The West is getting frighteningly close to becoming China. You guys are going to give away everything civilization has scratched and clawed for over thousands of years. I honestly can't believe this is happening, and that people have let it happen so easily.
I agree with your criticism, but I am still waiting for your solution.

And if you remove the "lockdowns" (which don't even exist outside of the food service industry anymore) then you flip it the other way. I think what you're saying is "People should not wear a mask, this virus is a hoax", but that still sounds too crazy to say out loud.

You think millions of more lost jobs is worth it. I must disagree.

NYC is the most populated city in the US by a huge margin.
I don't know why you guys think you are "pwning" anyone with this argument. How many people live in NY, and how urban and tightly packed are people there compared to other states and cities around the country?
There's like 9 million people in NYC and like 600,000 in Louisville.
I'm not saying they handled it the worst of any state, but to say "Cuomo crushed it" is simply absurd.

I'm not saying they handled it the worst of any state, but to say "Cuomo crushed it" is simply absurd.
Compliance is easy when you have bodies piling up and mobile morgues setup near every hospital. You don't need to spend a lot of time convincing people, except those who see it on TV and think "crisis actors, communist conspiracy".

angela-merkel-mask.jpg

Germany will impose an emergency month-long lockdown that includes the closure of restaurants, gyms and theatres to reverse a spike in coronavirus cases that risks overwhelming hospitals, Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday.

“We need to take action now,” she said, adding the situation was “very serious”.

Effective Nov. 2, private gatherings will be limited to 10 people from a maximum of two households. Restaurants, bars, theatres, cinemas, pools and gyms will be shut and concerts cancelled.

People will be asked not to travel for private, non-essential reasons, and overnight stays in hotels will be available only for necessary business trips.

Continue reading

A second lockdown? Who would have though?
Sadly, Germans deserve this at this point. This woman has been ruining Germany for 15 years and idiots keep voting for her.
Yes you read it right, 15 years! She's basically stayed in power longer than most dictators. How is that even legal in a first world country?
Now that's fairly easier to accomplish when German media is literally state funded and controlled propaganda and people are being brainwashed 24/7. But come on, people have to wake up someday.

This is what happens when you let a woman run your country. Coming soon to America;)

TrollFace_Fishing-c-BOO.GE-facebook-giigla.jpg

I don't disagree with that. Cuomo is no hero, but they are doing a lot better now than where they were and could be.
A lot of people on here, including Trump, shit on the Democrat ran states as if places like NYC or LA are remotely comparable to the sparsely populated, rural and spread out areas in red states. NYC is not only tightly packed with people , but it's a major international hub. There's more people in that city than in a lot of these red states.

Let’s start taking bets on when people start full on rioting in the millions. We can’t be far off at this point.

So it is probably worth noting that this is not something that Merkel ordered or was able to order - she was merely able to coordinate it as most topics are state issues. All 16 states eventually agreed.

Sucks, but at least they will leave kindergartens and schools open after we now have clear data they are not decisive spreading places. Restaurants back to delivery/takeout only.

I have zero doubt it is necessary. The second wave is in full beast mode. Countries around us are losing control. Netherlands already flying patients to Germany because they cannot deal.

They are planning financial compensation for businesses.
thanks for the update sherbro, first post I was looking for, didnt have to scroll much *thumbsup*

Blanket lcokdowns don't work and too harmful to economy and peoples' physical and mental health.

Targetted measures are a good thing.
This is going after a fly in your house with a baseball bat. You might get the fly, but it's going to do a lot of collateral damage. These things are hamfisted,
Going to have kids who don't know how to socialize and are out of shape

I see NO fat people, also lots of walking and even in such a crowd they are surprisingly great at avoiding contact.

I love to see covid death ranked by obesity levels not just age.

In Japan the hospitalization rate is low. We had 1000 cases recently, 24 required a hospital stay.

In Japan the hospitalization rate is low. We had 1000 cases recently, 24 required a hospital stay.
japan is not a good example because they are probably the most health conscious and clean people in the world
they already wore masks pretty much everywhere as it is.
cleanliness extends to home and workplace and commute.
so I am not surprised.
plus there is probably not that much migration or foreign traffic coming to japan nowadays.
compare that to a state smack in the middle of europe
or some American state where everybody's too cool for masks
different stuff

Medical associations and virologists speak out against a second lockdown

In the position paper, which was signed by numerous medical and professional associations, the authors essentially agreed on four points that, based on previous experience in dealing with the coronavirus, must be different:

Firstly, one must say goodbye to contact person tracking as a leading strategy in order not to further burden the health authorities, which are already working at the limit. Instead, one should concentrate on protecting risk patients. It is particularly important to protect old people's and nursing homes with a "lock model" and quick tests for visitors, since infections in these areas are often the most devastating. There are also cases in which young people become seriously ill with SARS-CoV-2, but this is "not a mass phenomenon". The majority of the vulnerable group belong to the elderly population.
It is also wrong to only "show apocalyptic threat scenarios with a gloomy expression". The situation should not be played down, so Gassen.
But one must instead rely on commandments instead of prohibitions and on personal responsibility instead of paternalism.
In addition, prohibitions and paternalism do not correspond to the authors' understanding of "a democratic-free basic order". You have to take people with you and encourage them; you can't do that with fear, panic and prohibitions. This also includes pointing out alternatives, since otherwise parties might more often take place illegally.

Source

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back