Merkel Orders New Lockdown: 82 Million people directly affected

phoenixikki

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
angela-merkel-mask.jpg

Germany will impose an emergency month-long lockdown that includes the closure of restaurants, gyms and theatres to reverse a spike in coronavirus cases that risks overwhelming hospitals, Chancellor Angela Merkel said on Wednesday.

“We need to take action now,” she said, adding the situation was “very serious”.

Effective Nov. 2, private gatherings will be limited to 10 people from a maximum of two households. Restaurants, bars, theatres, cinemas, pools and gyms will be shut and concerts cancelled.

People will be asked not to travel for private, non-essential reasons, and overnight stays in hotels will be available only for necessary business trips.

Continue reading

A second lockdown? Who would have though?
Sadly, Germans deserve this at this point. This woman has been ruining Germany for 15 years and idiots keep voting for her.
Yes you read it right, 15 years! She's basically stayed in power longer than most dictators. How is that even legal in a first world country?
Now that's fairly easier to accomplish when German media is literally state funded and controlled propaganda and people are being brainwashed 24/7. But come on, people have to wake up someday.

Last edited:
So it is probably worth noting that this is not something that Merkel ordered or was able to order - she was merely able to coordinate it as most topics are state issues. All 16 states eventually agreed.

Sucks, but at least they will leave kindergartens and schools open after we now have clear data they are not decisive spreading places. Restaurants back to delivery/takeout only.

I have zero doubt it is necessary. The second wave is in full beast mode. Countries around us are losing control. Netherlands already flying patients to Germany because they cannot deal.

They are planning financial compensation for businesses.

Last edited:
Let me spell this shit out so people understand.

You. Can. Not. Stop. A. Virus.

You attempt to mitigate it, learn to live with it, and create a vaccine. That's it. The fact that people believe they can "lock-down" this shit out of existence is mind numbing fuckery.

You attempt to mitigate it, learn to live with it, and create a vaccine. That's it. The fact that people believe they can "lock-down" this shit out of existence is mind numbing fuckery.
Ask Cuomo

He crushed it

Can't be any worse than how we handled it in Belgium.

I agree that we need a different approach. Focusing on risk groups and something that we can keep up for years if necessary.

We still need to break this current wave. Hospital admissions doubling every 8-10 days currently.

Blanket lcokdowns don't work and too harmful to economy and peoples' physical and mental health.

Targetted measures are a good thing.
Targetted measures did not work at all in Belgium, though.

I agree that we need a different approach. Focusing on risk groups and something that we can keep up for years if necessary.

We still need to break this current wave. Hospital admissions doubling every 8-10 dass currently.
They're going to put people in the hallways of hospitals in Belgium. They're full.

Government doesn't even need to pass laws anymore or adhere to their countries rule of law, politicians can just make their own rules on a whim. Gotta love it.

The West is getting frighteningly close to becoming China. You guys are going to give away everything civilization has scratched and clawed for over thousands of years. I honestly can't believe this is happening, and that people have let it happen so easily.

Back