Mercedes Benz vs. BMW

GM owned Saab, and they went to the ecotec engines. The ecotec engine in the Saab is kind of like the Cobalt SS engine without the direct injection.

This is what a Saab B engine looks like:

1817806918_737c059feb_o.jpg

This is what the ecotec used in saabs looks like:

Gm_ecotec_LK9_saab93.jpg
I've had two Saabs, love both cars. The only problem was when GM sold them and they went bankrupt it became really hard to find spare parts. The computer started to go on the last one I had and figured that it was time to get rid of it. I never had a problem with the ecotec engine, the acceleration and speed were pretty impressive for a 4 cylinder, the turbo was nice.

owned an '07 c-class for 7 years, loved it and had no major mechanical/electrical issues

I've had two Saabs, love both cars. The only problem was when GM sold them and they went bankrupt it became really hard to find spare parts. The computer started to go on the last one I had and figured that it was time to get rid of it. I never had a problem with the ecotec engine, the acceleration and speed were pretty impressive for a 4 cylinder, the turbo was nice.

Yes, getting parts can be difficult. Because of that and them not having dealerships etc. the price of the cars has plummeted.

Yes, getting parts can be difficult. Because of that and them not having dealerships etc. the price of the cars has plummeted.
you are basically waiting for parts to arrive at the junkyard. It's such a shame, they are great cars. My wife got so she didn't want me driving it because I'd get a hell of a lot more attention from the ladies on the road than when I'm driving my F 150. Pickup trucks don't seem to be the panty droppers a convertible sports car are.

images

Mercedes Benz AMG GTR

q5pm5xrw5tQ-y7Q7y8TGD_velrOe-T2ajJP7NCGQ9Os2tzDlUeaVV_KmIDAIIF8VeHoeis7IQWzWXj0Gh9mgv_uC_SvaKBD_yNCyh6rX1PuSD3nu_vOJ_sdweLWTVczPrTGud9FhGWai_aL8lIXf7Q=w498-h295-nc

BMW i8

Which car brand do you prefer?
BMW doesnt have anything to compare to that AMG GT. The closest rival is maybe the M6 or upcoming M8, but those are boats that can't come close to the GT.

At the cheaper price points, BMW blows away Mercedes though. Merc has no small cars that can rival the M2.

That AMG GT is really something special. Perhaps the only car that even deserves to be in the conversation with the 911 (the greatest car in the world).

Never had a merc but I feel like I have because my best friend is a fanatic
He's chasing an Amg E63 at the minute and that fucker slays ferraris and Porsche

I've had a BMW and it was alright I'm more or an Audi lover
And if we're talking gay sports cars (which i would never buy anyway)

Gimme the R8 over anything
Infact gimme a GTR

BMW has a higher reliability index vs Mercedes. They have had more vehicles that score higher than industry standard than Mercedes has. All brands make decent cars and all brands will turn out a lemon. I've never owned either brand but have friends who have owned both and the BMW's seemed a bit more reliable. Just my .02.

BMW has a higher reliability index vs Mercedes. They have had more vehicles that score higher than industry standard than Mercedes has. All brands make decent cars and all brands will turn out a lemon. I've never owned either brand but have friends who have owned both and the BMW's seemed a bit more reliable. Just my .02.

The 745 and i-drive were definitely lemons for BMW. I'm only aware of one instance of a Mercedes lemon. A friend of a friend bought an S65 a few yrs ago (current model listed at $230,000) and it was an absolute lemon. thing was in the shop multiple times in the first 3 months. Just stunning.

They are both nazi cars so fuck em all.

I think BMWs are more appealing cars in general... but they haven't been the most reliable cars over the past 15 years or so and certainly not compared to MB.

those reliability ratings mean fuck all because the reliability varies by model and powertrain moreso than brand. The N54 engine for example was plagued with issues and wrecked BMW's reputation qualitywise. The N55 redeemed them and they are beloved. Same across all cars- judge the individual models rather than brand.

Honda has a reputation for excellence but their new TypeR is fraught with issues. For the same reasons that hurt VW/Audi and now the other Germans- squeezing high hp out of a small engine.

Man, I loved throwing my old BMW around. I do it with my current Audi too but it doesn't feel the same

Same here.

I had an '03 3 series coupe. That thing was super fun to drive and zip in and out of traffic.

I only sold it because it had a small oil leak that couldn't get fixed for some reason.

But even at 165K miles, it drove awesome.

Now I've got a '13 328I sedan that's probably more practical.

They're great cars, IMO.

you are basically waiting for parts to arrive at the junkyard. It's such a shame, they are great cars. My wife got so she didn't want me driving it because I'd get a hell of a lot more attention from the ladies on the road than when I'm driving my F 150. Pickup trucks don't seem to be the panty droppers a convertible sports car are.
They are round heryah

I prefer BMW. I deliberated for about a month between a Merc and BMW and ended up getting a BMW and haven't regretted it at all.

I've owned 3 Mercs and never even really considered buying the German version of a Ford Fiesta.

Back