Rumored Merab Dvalishvili vs Raoni Barcelos in the works for UFC event, Dec. 5th

Merab is just your run of the mill wrestleboxer with cardio

Barcelos by whatever he wants

seems too soon for Barcellos. He just fought and making weight isn't easy for the guy. I would have prefered this even just a few weeks later on the end of the year card. I'll root for him, but he's got an up hill battle here if this is true.

seems too soon for Barcellos. He just fought and making weight isn't easy for the guy. I would have prefered this even just a few weeks later on the end of the year card. I'll root for him, but he's got an up hill battle here if this is true.
Good point!
I hadn't looked at the date, I always forget to look at the dates for announced fights, I should really start paying more attention.

Hermansson vs Holland
Barcelos vs Merab
Evloev vs Landwher
OSP vs Jamahal

Pretty nice for a modern day Fight Night. Hopefully it all stays in tact.
Sweet didn't know Jamahal had been booked against OSP, that's a nice matchup.

Also completely agree!

Good point!
I hadn't looked at the date, I always forget to look at the dates for announced fights, I should really start paying more attention.

I still favor Raoni here, but facing a wrestling/cardio machine less than a month after your last fight is definitely risky. Skill for skill, though, raoni should win imo.

I think Barcelos is a more talented fighter but I wouldn't be shocked to see Merab win a hard fought decision. That dude's grit and cardio are on another level compared to almost everyone in MMA.

I still favor Raoni here, but facing a wrestling/cardio machine less than a month after your last fight is definitely risky. Skill for skill, though, raoni should win imo.

I hope you're right, I do like Merab but yeah can only imagine he'll spam takedowns and get caught in a choke, similar to what happened with Ricky Simon.. But less controversial.
giphy.gif

Less than a month to prepare for a huge step up......doesn't seem fair for Barcelos with the deck stacked against him like that. Gotta support Raoni in this one.

There is hardly a UFC fight nowadays were it’s possible to pronounce the names of the fighters.

Dang, Barcelos not wasting any time moving up that ladder. I like it.

Dang, Barcelos not wasting any time moving up that ladder. I like it.

He's 33, his time is now. His look alike Aldo, the legend, is 34.

Back