Mentally speaking, who is the weakest amongst these physically dominant fighters [Poll]

In terms of mental strength, who is the weskest?

• Total voters
Then we have guys like Jones and Adesanya who simply haven't been beat in the Octagon, but seem so easy to beat on Twitter. Doesn't take much to send them over the edge...and they seem to have more personal issues than regular people.
just because someone tweets three times doesn't mean you're owning them jesus christ.

I think so man.

I think only scared people cheat.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. It's just my opinion that it's braver to lose fairly, than to cheat and win.

I think your definition of 'mentally weak' differs from most people. You seem to assume that cheating makes you mentally weak, that's not necessarily the case as others have pointed out. You can't win a Tour de France without having titanium resilience, drugs or not.

Also, being scared isn't a sign of mental weaknesses. Fear is a normal emotion. Cowardice is a sign of mental weakness, not being scared. You also seem to assume that people take drugs because they are 'scared' of losing. People take drugs to win, they cheat to get an advantage.

A mentally strong person can go 'great, so this steroid gives me an even greater chance of winning'.

Ethics and mental toughness aren't the same thing.

I considered answering Jones, because his weaknesses have messed up his life in a way that none of the other candidates can come close to (and it's not just steroids).

However, I understand we're discussing this in the context of fighting, and in that context, Jones has shown great fortitude under adverse conditions. Even if one believes (as I do) that he lost the fights, his 5th rounds against Gustafsson and Santos evinced a lot of grit.
Oh for sure. I actually thought his defense was impressive against Reyes. I thought Reyes won but Job defending and putting on the gas was impressive. Sure he's lost a step. Was it because of peds? That's all speculation. He's a great fighter but his greatest weakness/greatest strength I think is mentally tied into steroids use and how it makes him feel. He's a egomaniac like Rhonda, he was or is addicted to drugs that hypes that shit full blast.
That's the reason I choose him before Rhonda regardless of her handling of the crazy amount of pressure and ego and other factors. She handled those loses poorly and it crushed her ego and left. Had she been on drugs and had the type of addiction Jones does. I would pick her. It's close for me.
I want to try and have empathy and compassion for these people as human beings and the sacrifices they make for our entertainment burning the end they do it for themselves and they do it at any means necessary and.i think Jones is mental weakness is barley greater than Rousey

Insert Rousey boxing gif

Well technically yes, but we all know that if it wasn't for the title, she's not coming back. She has her one foot already out the door if that one didn't go well. She came in like and look like an amateur vs Nunes and really it is no match. She was not the same Ronda. And people will always remember Holly as the one who retired her. I'm pretty sure casuals barely know the Nunes fight. It's the Holly fight that they remember as Ronda's last

Just felt like mentioning it, now that everyone is shitting on her as per usual. It does take quite the mental strength to come back from being knocked out cold and, dare I say, humiliated, to go on and fight Amanda Nunes, even if it's for the title.

Ronda. Well she quit once she experienced a loss and even admit she wanted to end her life. With all due respect, losing is part of any competition and that mentality of not knowing how to accept a loss shows her immaturity and level of thinking. It's not about how high you rise, it's about how you rise once you fall. Imo, mentally she never really had that in her. Not bashing on her though.
End her life? Holy shit... she cray

Being mentally weak, and having your life together are two separate things. Jon jones is irresponsible, but he’s quite mentally strong. Even when he shows vulnerability or weakness he feeds off it, he needs to be the best. He without a doubt has a god complex. But it’s obviously working for him.
He has sociopathic and narcisstic tendencies That mesh well with his abilities natural and acquired.

In the thick of things, he isn’t even a speck. He’s insignificant to the whole population. Just because he can fight doesn’t mean a whole lot in predominate society. A lot of people don’t give two shits if you are the greatest UFC fighter of all time. Try being a CEO of a trillion dollar company or shit like that. Or managing A research/biotech company that is revolutionizes society. Those things take infinitely more brain power, knowledge and maybe more will. Some of these guys have so much money that Jon Jones would never be able to take them out even if his life depended on it.

It’s all relative.

Last edited:
Just felt like mentioning it, now that everyone is shitting on her as per usual. It does take quite the mental strength to come back from being knocked out cold and, dare I say, humiliated, to go on and fight Amanda Nunes, even if it's for the title.

Yep I hear you. I think the fame and pressure of the MMA world got the best of her mentally. I don't question her mental strength coz I know she had it since she's been training martial arts/judo all her life and has been on the highest stage in the olympics. I think being glorified as the best ever with all the expectations and doubters took it's toll on her. Seeing her videos now, it's apparent she's happy with a simple private life.

Let me settle this for y'all.

Jon took PEDs because he's a psycho. When @Cooliox said, "You cheat, you lose regardless of the outcome", is how others rationalize ethics. The difference between right and wrong. Jon doesn't see it that way. To Jon, if you lose, you lose.

Wanna know how you can tell? Because Jon never felt bad for doing it. He only felt bad because he got caught. That is one of the characteristics of a psychopath. (There's different types of psychopathy as well as degrees of it.)

Right/wrong... it doesn't matter. When you don't feel guilt, you're doing because of a lack of ethics, not necessarily because of a mental weakness. If you can still prosper and not feel bad about it, then it's lack of ethics, not mental weakness. Trust me, I've done a lot of research on the subject, particularly in business.
Wow, this is very well explained.

Thank you for sharing

I think your definition of 'mentally weak' differs from most people. You seem to assume that cheating makes you mentally weak, that's not necessarily the case as others have pointed out. You can't win a Tour de France without having titanium resilience, drugs or not.

Also, being scared isn't a sign of mental weaknesses. Fear is a normal emotion. Cowardice is a sign of mental weakness, not being scared. You also seem to assume that people take drugs because they are 'scared' of losing. People take drugs to win, they cheat to get an advantage.

A mentally strong person can go 'great, so this steroid gives me an even greater chance of winning'.

he was afraid he would lose.

hence, he took steriods to beat DC.

fighters in general are some of the weirdest people. I mean you have to be somewhat deluded to fight for a living. To waht to do damage to someone and be cool afterwards. I'm not saying you won't have more rational people in the sport, but some of these guys, guys like mike perries of the world, if they weren't fighters, he'll be a pizza delivery guy or something. I'm sorry if that's rude to say
May or may not be rude, but it's true haha.
Definitely does tend to take an off-kilter mind to want to fight people for a living. You even have some of the more seemingly normal, well-adjusted guys like Whittaker lighting up child on Christmas when he heard he broke Cannonier's arm...that shit ain't normal haha. And I get it, I grew up spending a lot of time in boxing gyms because my grandfather was a pro boxer. While I've always had a major interest in martial arts and training in general, I knew pretty early on that I wasn't the type to actually want to compete to a serious degree. People who know me and hear about that background always ask why I never pursued fighting, and I always say it's because I was never dumb enough. I say it as a joke...but not 100% a joke haha. It's weird though because I can say that but at the same time sincerely have respect and admiration for anyone that commits to that path, and sometimes I wish I did have that mindset about it. Being a fight fan is odd to me sometimes haha.

Definitely does tend to take an off-kilter mind to want to fight people for a living. You even have some of the more seemingly normal, well-adjusted guys like Whittaker lighting up child on Christmas when he heard he broke Cannonier's arm...that shit ain't normal haha. .
He is simply a man at peace with his profession.

I think you oversimply fighting in general. Fighting is instinctive and is a primal part of necessary survival. It's a survival trait, same in the animal kingdom. Only difference now is that it's also done for sport. It's the fighters that keeps everyone safe. The people that don't understand fighting or don't have the mental fortitude or stomach to fight, need others to fight for them. Being able to fight is a very important primal skill set to posses.

“You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you’re capable of great violence, if you’re not capable of violence you’re not peaceful, you’re harmless”

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
dude, you're waxing far much too poetry about fighting. Not everyone who fighs is a dumb fuck who just throws hands and doesn't understand violence. But for every smart fighter, there are guys that just want to swang and bang. Guys that would have no suitable skillset if it wasn't fighting for entertainment.

Jones because he has to juice. Ronda is close 2nd

Definitely does tend to take an off-kilter mind to want to fight people for a living. You even have some of the more seemingly normal, well-adjusted guys like Whittaker lighting up child on Christmas when he heard he broke Cannonier's arm...that shit ain't normal haha. And I get it, I grew up spending a lot of time in boxing gyms because my grandfather was a pro boxer. While I've always had a major interest in martial arts and training in general, I knew pretty early on that I wasn't the type to actually want to compete to a serious degree. People who know me and hear about that background always ask why I never pursued fighting, and I always say it's because I was never dumb enough. I say it as a joke...but not 100% a joke haha. It's weird though because I can say that but at the same time sincerely have respect and admiration for anyone that commits to that path, and sometimes I wish I did have that mindset about it. Being a fight fan is odd to me sometimes haha.
Yeah, fighting its...an interesting thing. Violence is an interesting thing. lol.

Funny thing is, I'll see guys who are trained martial artists who if they get in a street fight abandon all technique. Its incredible how fighters can divorce emotion from violence while competing. It's interesting stuff. I have respect for fighters, but you do have to be a little crazy to step in there and do it for money. You're not all the way normal. No fighter is. This is not grappling. This is not point fighting with pads. This is ruthless shit.

Yea Jones went out there and won, on steroids. This is a fact. He had a win overturned.

Then after he snitched to get his suspension reduced, he has looked extremely beatable, and arguably lost his last 2 fights... And vacated his belt altogether.

At least Ronda stepped into the cage to put up a fight.

Just my 2 cents.
What does any of this have to do with being mentally weak? If you are claiming he is mentally weak for roiding he most certainly is not an exception. His out of cage antics have nothing to do with him as a fighter. You would really really really have to be stretching to have Jones more mentally weak than arguably the biggest hype job in sports history that got beat up left the sport crying washed and repeated for good measure. Add Carano to the list.

Israel and Jones do not belong here. Who cares what they do with Twitter lol?

Jones is an asshole with self control problems outside the cage but in the cage he's clearly not mentally weak nore is Israel.

As far as Conor and Rousey go well I think there the opposite kinds of mentally weak, Conor couldnt stand up to punishment and pressure, Rousey wasnt afraid of getting KTFO but fought angry with bad fight IQ at the end of her career.

Back