Mentally speaking, who is the weakest amongst these physically dominant fighters [Poll]

In terms of mental strength, who is the weskest?

• Total voters

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The mental aspect of a sport is very underrated: you can be physically gifted to the max, but psychology goes a long way.

It's the difference between good fighters, and great fighters.

It's all breezy at the top, but some fighters: once they lose and taste defeat, simply lose that aura of invincibility and can never bounce back: Machida, Ronda, Barao, BJ (after Edgar)... And perhaps even Anderson, after the Weidman loss.

Then we have guys like Jones and Adesanya who simply haven't been beat in the Octagon, but seem so easy to beat on Twitter. Doesn't take much to send them over the edge...and they seem to have more personal issues than regular people.

So, in terms of sports psychology and MMA mentality... Who is the weakest fighter amongst these 4 big names on the list?

*Please keep the discussion respectful, Mods are worried about Fighter Bashing*

Ronda. Well she quit once she experienced a loss and even admit she wanted to end her life. With all due respect, losing is part of any competition and that mentality of not knowing how to accept a loss shows her immaturity and level of thinking. It's not about how high you rise, it's about how you rise once you fall. Imo, mentally she never really had that in her. Not bashing on her though.

Definitely Ronda by far.
Pointless post. Its ronda. She never bounced back. She retired
The one who lost, ran away hiding, refused to discuss said losses in interviews, then retired. It’s not even a contest.
Ronda. Well she quit once she experienced a loss and even admit she wanted to end her life. With all due respect, losing is part of any competition and that mentality of not knowing how to accept a loss shows her immaturity and level of thinking. It's not about how high you rise, it's about how you rise once you fall. Imo, mentally she never really had that in her. Not bashing on her though.

It's a wrap fellas.

This one wasn't hard to figure out.

I think it should be noted that sensitivity and determination aren't exclusive. Someone can be an incredible bitch, but still have a dominant mindset for competition. Hell, it's almost normal in MMA. I would think Jones is the most headstrong when it comes to approaching his fights, so it's not like you'll rattle him there for an advantage, just cuz you may see him as mentally weak for his absolute twitter meltdowns.

I think Ronda is the one most unable to face criticism. I do think she gets the added "bonus" though of being a woman, which (although doesn't automatically mean she gets more hate) means that the deeper end of that online hate probably isn't just death threats but even rape threats. Ya know how the spectrum of online criticism goes, you can't even say "I thought it wasn't their best performance" cuz you get thrown into a group of 'haters' who told them something like "I hope your children are stolen from you like you stole that decision." People are mental, man

See, a lot of people say Ronda.

That was my initial impression too, but it seemed like she was extremely successful in the WWE, and has her family life going for her.

Is that really worse than abusing drugs, breaking the law: causing danger to others, and cheating repeatedly to win... Retiring and vacating your belt after not getting what you want, and now pissing on everyone else's parade?

That was my initial impression too, but it seemed like she was extremely successful in the WWE, and has her family life going for her.

Is that really worse than abusing drugs, breaking the law: causing danger to others, and cheating repeatedly to win... Retiring and vacating your belt after not getting what you want, and now pissing on everyone else's parade?
get the hell out of here with that lol. Til this day she still hasn't talked about her loss, not that I'm aware of and she's a promoter. She manages that Shabazayn kid

Jones is a functioning addict lol. The fact that all that fuck shit can happen and he still can go and win is legend stuff.

Yeah, but she seems to even be quitting that once it got tough and when she got criticized again.

I mean, cheers to her for finding her happiness, but it does seem to come from her just not wanting to deal with the adversity anymore. Just leave it all and enjoy herself.

No. She went on to fight Amanda Nunes.

Well technically yes, but we all know that if it wasn't for the title, she's not coming back. She has her one foot already out the door if that one didn't go well. She came in like and look like an amateur vs Nunes and really it is no match. She was not the same Ronda. And people will always remember Holly as the one who retired her. I'm pretty sure casuals barely know the Nunes fight. It's the Holly fight that they remember as Ronda's last

Being mentally weak, and having your life together are two separate things. Jon jones is irresponsible, but he’s quite mentally strong. Even when he shows vulnerability or weakness he feeds off it, he needs to be the best. He without a doubt has a god complex. But it’s obviously working for him.

Last edited:

Lol don't confuse being mentally weak with being a psycho.

get the hell out of here with that lol. Til this day she still hasn't talked about her loss, not that I'm aware of and she's a promoter. She manages that Shabazayn kid

Jones is a functioning addict lol. The fact that all that fuck shit can happen and he still can go and win is legend stuff.
Yea Jones went out there and won, on steroids. This is a fact. He had a win overturned.

Then after he snitched to get his suspension reduced, he has looked extremely beatable, and arguably lost his last 2 fights... And vacated his belt altogether.

At least Ronda stepped into the cage to put up a fight.

Just my 2 cents.

Yea Jones went out there and won, on steroids. This is a fact. He had a win overturned.

Then after he snitched to get his suspension reduced, he has looked extremely beatable, and arguably lost his last 2 fights... And vacated his belt altogether.

At least Ronda stepped into the cage to put up a fight.

Just my 2 cents.
It doesn't matter whether he won on steroids or not. Ronda won against lesser talent and as soon as the talent pool caught up to her, she cashed out. Look at cyborg. She probably got beat worse than Ronda did. She got slept twice and she's still fighting.

What were talking about is mental, the fact Jon can push that shit to the side and perform is Legend stuff, cheat or not. If USADA allowed ronda to come back and cheat(just like jon) she wouldn't. She checked out. Didn't do any interviews after holly, before nunes, and not after ever like 4 years later.

Back