Mentally Challenged man killed by karate student

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by Wooting, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Wooting

Wooting Green Belt

[YT]ZB-BuH1kGYA[/YT]​

Old video but as far as I remember nothing has happened to the people responsible.

2. lts5025

lts5025 "What the **** is a Dim Mack?"

I don't think anyone ever proved he was "killed". This was a big deal on Bullshido years ago. I remember the guy who owned the place moved to central California and the authorities in Caifornia and Virginia both looked into the video.

3. woodlanddog

woodlanddog Black Belt

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/08/30/AR2009083002251.html

"Except the case isn't cold, and the man wasn't killed. The viral video is another example of what can happen so easily on the Internet, with sketchy information leading to wild speculation -- and wild-goose chases for police.

"We appreciate that the video was sent to us and that people saw it and were concerned," said Sgt. Kim Chinn, a Prince William police spokeswoman. "This is going to happen more and more now with the Internet, and you often can't tell the times or the dates, who's in the video or if it is real or not."

Capt. Ronald Mackey of the Dumfries Police Department said that the video appears to be real but that police have confirmed that the victim was not killed, since he was interviewed after the fact."

4. Wooting

Wooting Green Belt

Yea it bothers me there is so much in the air about it. Theres no proof whether hes alive or dead. Someone created an entire site just for info on the man who got beaten and nobody can find anything. The only word that he is alive is from a cop for the small town who said *He was limping but didnt want to cooperate or pursue charges"

Very fishy to me.

5. Wooting

Wooting Green Belt

Yea I just got sent to this link through the comments but yet again its only the word of mouth from people living in the town covering their ass. The "video" of the black man alive doesnt actually exist, or I cant find it atleast after some digging.

6. UpaLoompa

UpaLoompa Grand Quasiprophet of the Sakaran Apocolyps

Back in the McDojo days I think.

7. AshiharaFan

AshiharaFan Brown Belt

Don't forget that the head instructor of that place is an ex marine with very close ties with California State LEOs. This is the type of sh*t that made me lose all hope in humanity.

8. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

Internet Lies!

9. Wooting

Wooting Green Belt

The black belt got super pissed he was losing so decided it was okay to stomp the poor guys head in when the guy told him "You got it" shit infuriates me.

10. Namek

Namek Brown Belt

Brutal shit.

What kind of idiot stomps a man's head twice after he's out?

11. Yi-Sunsin

Yi-Sunsin Blue Belt

I wouldn't be surprised if it was covered up, knowing how much corruption, lying, scapegoating, evidence planting, etc. has finally come to light with LEOs today. I swear to god someone needs to be policing the police (or if some entity is, they're doing a shitty ass job).
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

12. Spiro T Cheney

Spiro T Cheney Yellow Belt

People love to believe in the urban legends. The guy didn't die. There's no conspiracy between some "ex-marine" and law enforcement to make sure that whacked out homeless bigmouths are tossed into wood-chippers after receiving an ass-whipping.

13. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

Sad case, there is no proof he is dead or alive. I would think he would most likely be alive considering the video was uploaded to youtube, but it would still be nice to see how he is holding up. It's possible he died from other causes, but it's a shame it's never been chased up or clarified for the internet to see.

http://www.justice4kungfuguy.com/ No updates in 5 years though.

14. SpiderCrawl

SpiderCrawl Red Belt

Wanderlei?

15. Kick Strickland

Kick Strickland Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

It's called internal affairs. And I imagine they're just as corruptable as regular police. Possibly more so.

Basically the cop out there is saying he doesn't know what to do about this, and that's probably true. So he basically is not gonna even bother.

But man oh man do I hope some amateur mma fighter sees that shit and recognizes the instructor, and decides to throw him a comparable beating. Fuck I wish Palhares lived in the same town as that instructor :)

16. woodlanddog

woodlanddog Black Belt

The vid is from 1984 and was investigated by The Washington Post. The media would have loved to have found a cold case. They didn't.

17. cheesus

cheesus Silver Belt

True, but it's just a name or a statement was never confirmed from the victim himself I guess is why there is a lot of speculation. Personally I don't believe he died, but of been nice to hear from t he guy himself. From what I've read, he was a bit of a loon...he is most likely deceased now.

18. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

I would be shocked if that fellow managed to survive another 31 years.

19. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

Old as hell but it wouldn't surprise me of the guy died.

That was brutal. He took full on knees on the corner of what looked like a cinder block base and left a blood trail.

If he's not dead he's even more retarded than before now.

20. TCE

TCE The Three Piece with the Soda

I remember watching this years ago. I'm not sure if he was killed.