Mental toughness will be the difference maker tomorrow

grimballer

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
With both guys being elite fighters n both having clear n distinctive ways of winning the fight (jones keeping the distance/dc getting in close), thd difference maker will be mental toughness n in that department jones > dc

Let's face it, jones is as tough as they come. He started fighting grown men in his 20s n made it look easy. He faced who's who of lhw division n made them look like amateurs. Some even tried mind games n intimidation, but all that was turned against them n once they were in the cage, they looked beaten from the beginning. Jones also overcame adversity in the cage. Lesser men would tap to vitors arm bar or simply quit after a slow start vs Gus, but not jones he hanged in there n came out victorious. With all that he's still melo n doesn't seem to get upset.

Dc on the other hand seems likes he's unstable. He gets upset way too easy n even cries when things don't go his way (pat cummins).

Tomorrow night both fighters will face adversity. Jones will overcome his, while dc won't be able to do so. At some point when he realized he got nothing for jones n we might see dc tear up on the stool in between rounds

I agree. Jones really seems like he's just having a lot of fun when he's taunting DC and DC is just taking him way too seriously and getting fired up. I really hope he comes into the fight relaxed and didn't let Jones's teasing get to him.

Well then it's too bad Cormier only has high-level college wrestling and olympic wrestling. He'll break super easy.

DC is gonna slow down, gas, and eventually break. Jones by tko in the 4th.

Well then it's too bad Cormier only has high-level college wrestling and olympic wrestling

All I see is wrestling. Yeah..thats all he's got and when he realizes he cant rag doll Jones his game is over. This is a lopsided hyped up fight.

DC wears his emotions on his face and its gonna be funny as hell to see his balloon deflate in like 1 1/2 rounds.

Yeah that Pat Cummins fight really derailed DC's career, great example of how weak he is mentally

This thread is a fucking joke lol

He started fighting grown men in his 20s? So... When he was a grown man?

24 hours from now, we will have our Answers

Yeah that Pat Cummins fight really derailed DC's career, great example of how weak he is mentally

People are reading way too much into this shit.

I get it, everyone is restless and just wants to see the fight already, but we could do without the fifty threads on how fighter A will lose to fighter B because of the way his eyebrow twitched, the direction in which he stood on stage, the length of his fingernails because obviously he's been too stressed out to clip them hence he is mentally breaking, etc.

TS, do you think it's impossible to be both hot tempered AND mentally strong?

Do you think that a person who has reached the highest levels of wrestling, a very grueling individual sport, could be mentally weak?

LOL at you guys - they are BOTH mentally effing tough tough tough.

Only one question to answer tomorrow. Can DC close the distance consistently without taking too much damage coming in or getting caught in a submission. That's it. The rest will play out to each man's strengths.

I agree... To an extent.

It certainly seems like Jones is in DCs head. Although I don't know how easy it is to "break" an Olympic wrestler.

The build up for this reminds me a little of Conor v Dustin. Conor (Jones) was just trolling the absolute shit out of Dustin (DC) and Dustin got emotional, which clouded his judgement, why Conor was cool, calm n collected come fight time.

It'll be interesting to see how Jones n DC react once the fight actually begins.

A LOT can happen tomorrow. There really is only one thing that could possibly disappoint me. If DC actually did let Jones got to him mentally and fight stupid. Surely to goodness an Olympian has more control of himself than that...but stranger things have happened in sports.

Back