mental health days vs sick days

NoGoodNamesLeft

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
is it legit to take a day off from work if u just need to chill for a bit, like so u dont go crazy. as opposed to havinga stomach bug where u shit a few extra times or a cold. IS mental health vs physical health same thing if u have like 10 sick days a year anyway?

Fucking do it why not, health is health and your mental wellbeing is as important as your physical wellbeing

is it legit to take a day off from work if u just need to chill for a bit, like so u dont go crazy. as opposed to havinga stomach bug where u shit a few extra times or a cold. IS mental health vs physical health same thing if u have like 10 sick days a year anyway?

I manage a large workforce, and at the end of the year I payout unused sick days. That being said, if we have an important job or project I let everyone know I am going to be all over you if you call in on those days. That goes if a department is lean due to any number of issues such as vacation or someone leaving etc.

If a department is at full strength and its going to be a non-ish issue, I don't care why you are calling in. It could be any type of emergency or family issue anyway, you don't have to be sick.

I tend to always have a job where calling in just isn't an option.

IMO calling in sick more than once or twice every 6 months is not cool. But if your job let's you get away with it, more power to ya.

When I call in sick someone is having to work a double or come in on their day off to cover me.

Last edited:
Mental health days are important IMO. As long as I don't have anything pressing going on I have no qualms about taking a day just because I want to.

I manage a large workforce, and at the end of the year I payout unused sick days. That being said, if we have an important job or project I let everyone know I am going to be all over you if you call in on those days. That goes if a department is lean due to any number of issues such as vacation or someone leaving etc.

If a department is at full strength and its going to be a non-ish issue, I don't care why you are calling in. It could be any type of emergency or family issue anyway, you don't have to be sick.

I don't manage shit but yea when I plan on calling in for mental health day I always make sure we have the full staff on hand. For instance I need a mental health day but my boss is out this week. So I'm waiting until next week and then I'll take a day off.

You are just going to sit around all day eating soy and tweeting.

If someone is feeling stressed out or depressed to the point of being non productive, then might as well stay home.

Going to work is the Best thing you can do for your Mental Health. The feeling of Doing a Good Day's Work is one of the most rewarding feeling you can hope for.

Going to work is the Best thing you can do for your Mental Health. The feeling of Doing a Good Day's Work is one of the most rewarding feeling you can hope for.

Everyone is different and every job if different. Some people need to take a personal day to avoid a mental breakdown. It's healthy to unwind when it's needed.

For like thirty years cigarette breaks were a thing and they still are.

If the day's tasks can wait and you feel you really need it, take it. Mental health is numero uno.

Given the fact that disease begins in the mind, absolutely. People are never aware of this, but stress, anger, depression all those things cause you to get sick. That's one of the reasons I take 20 minutes a day to meditate, and I stay healthy year round.

Totally legit. Especially when insomnia is involved.

Some days I just say f it and smoke, play video games till I hit the strip for lunch and repeat. Those are the days I call in.

You think the Chinese are taking mental health days? Get back to work you lazy millennial.

It’s a shame most of the people ITT live in a third world country with minimal workers rights.

Enjoy being fired LOL.

You think the Chinese are taking mental health days? Get back to work you lazy millennial.

Your right and maybe that's why their country is a shit hole. They need more mental health days.

Back