Mens 125 vs wmma

It is much more subjective for me and is a case by case determination.

That being said, there are enough decently attractive women in wmma for me to lean that way.

Wmma. At least with the chicks there is a chance of a wardrobe malfunction
I really wish that Michelle Waterson would fight in bra-type tops instead of the t-shirts. What a wasted opportunity to show some more skin.

I am fine with both, because I am not a fucking maniac who gets skeeved out by looking at women or at men who do not conform to cultural preconception of what their height should be.

Honest and rational answer. Are you sure you are supposed to be posting here?

:)

Oh, you know why, you said it in your post:

ldn-l-ufc-note-10-0301.jpg

Yeah, against Irene Aldana. Probably one of the most exciting female matches I've ever seen.

On the other hand, if you watch Jose Torres last fight against Alex Perez a few events ago, that fight was most exciting than any female match I've ever seen since Nunez slaughtered Ronda.

In my opinion, they should both stay in the UFC. Although 4 divisions for the girls is a bit too much...
Oh - I know (didn't have to state obvious)

Just imagine if DJ played a heel character.

He could’ve been the Jon Jones of flyweight. But nooo...we have to sit here and pretend that sportsmanship matters and blah blah blah, fuck sportsmanship, we want to see grudge matches and guys acting recklessly during weigh-ins/pre-fight conferences/media tours.

I know it's a cliche but flyweight is truly boring asides DJ matches. WMMA has like few bangers. etc. Pudilova's last one was sick IIRC. Or got messed up with someone else.
Hell yeah. Pudilova vs Aldana was savage.

It's not the height itself. It's the height compared to the height of the cage, the size of the cage, and the refs. It's not so bad in foreign promotions where they use a 4.5' tall 16'x16' ring and have 5'6" refs. UFC has a 6' tall cage, 30'x30' octagon, and 6'6" refs.

lol. I know you're being very loose with that...are there really any 6'6" refs in the UFC

But proportions matter definitely.

I want to watch tall, muscular men and beautiful women. I do not want to watch manlets unless they are the comic relief sidekick in an action movie.
Kevin Hart was destroyed in this post

Well with this whole feminism thing, and men can be women and vice versa I think there should be a co-op 125 division where men fight women.

Equality right?
I'd watch it.

They should cut anyone who goes to a decision

A lot of the best fights ever went to decisions. Shogun vs Lil Nog 1, Shogun vs Hendo 1, Hunt vs Bigfoot 1, Jones vs Gus, ect. Going to a decision isn't a bad thing, not trying to finish is.

There are a few women's mma fighters that are quite talented. Not to say that the 125 lb men aren't talented but they seem to run out of contenders. It became Mighty Mouse rematches so and so. Even his loss was from a rematch.

what would you rather have on fight cards?? Seriously?? I walk away and find something to do for 15 to 30 minutes, intros take long and the fight is gonna go to decision 95% of the time. Do the fans have no say in what we get??

you are right. i feel the same way as you about mens 125

Just to toss some 2018 numbers out there since this whole situation has made me wonder: 125 has a 47% finish rate (21% sub, 26% KO) and 53% decision rate. WMMA has a 29% finish (17% sub, 12% KO) and 71% decision rate.

why are you comparing one mens division against a combined women division stats?

oh I know.. because it makes the numbers suit your argument.

Womens strawweight has the highest submission rate of any UFC division

Womens strawweight also has the highest number of strikes per minute of any UFC division

why are you comparing one mens division against a combined women division stats?

oh I know.. because it makes the numbers suit your argument.
I chose no stance and made no argument. I simply published numbers on a thread titled Mens 125 vs WMMA. The TS chose those parameters, not me.
Perhaps you might consider reading the thread again to see what may have prompted me to look up and publish those sets of numbers.

Womens strawweight also has the highest number of strikes per minute of any UFC division
Yeah, so what? There have only been like 2 knockouts in the history of that division...

It's not the only one but it makes that stat about "highest number of strikes per minute of any division" pointless and nothing to really brag about.

LMAO 11??? Pathetic...

It means that you were wrong. And no one expects a 115 lbs. woman to score a bunch of KO's. You know, physics. It does not mean they do not put on good fights. You are trying to establish a sole criterion by which to falsely judge the entire division to justify your dislike of it. It is not the fault of everyone else that you lack a basic grasp of logic.

Back