Mens 125 vs wmma

It's not so much the weight but the height that gets most people. It's true irl in every area.

Flyweights do tend to be short, but the interest cutoff average seems to be 5'6" for most audiences.

Mightymouse, henry cejudo...dozens of top flyweights are under that.

As someone who is Johnson's height, I have longer proportions than he does and I'm a bit slimmer, so it gives me the illusion of that much more manliness sometimes (Depends on what I wear ;) ).
It's not the height itself. It's the height compared to the height of the cage, the size of the cage, and the refs. It's not so bad in foreign promotions where they use a 4.5' tall 16'x16' ring and have 5'6" refs. UFC has a 6' tall cage, 30'x30' octagon, and 6'6" refs.

It's not either or, there's room for both. Meanwhile this Tenshin guy is too small for the UFC, Mayweather too for much of his career.

what would you rather have on fight cards?? Seriously?? I walk away and find something to do for 15 to 30 minutes, intros take long and the fight is gonna go to decision 95% of the time. Do the fans have no say in what we get??

Both divisions need dedicated orgs..they have no place on the main cards.

Men's 125 is better than WMMA, there just aren't that many really skilled women, there's a bunch of really skilled 125ers.

I'd much rather watch 125...outside of a few fighters WMMA looks like a cardio kickboxing class sparring.

Here s the problem- if you asked the average demographic MMA fan about the 125 men's divison, they just have little interest and it's just human nature because of the size of these guys ( not my opinion but it is what it is).

As far as wmma is concerned and I hate to admit but if UFC continues to collect talent " from a cosmetic p.o.v", it's going to stay and that's sad.Ashley Yoder is 0-3 and if she loses her upcoming fight but is somewhAt competitive, she drops to 0-4 but is probably kept and I wonder why ?

Well with this whole feminism thing, and men can be women and vice versa I think there should be a co-op 125 division where men fight women.

Equality right?

I know it's a cliche but flyweight is truly boring asides DJ matches. WMMA has like few bangers. etc. Pudilova's last one was sick IIRC. Or got messed up with someone else.

I would like to see the 135lb and 145lb girls against the 125lb guys, think it would keep it interesting.

People should be just indifferent if they don’t want either.

Just skip those fights and come back.
Problem is most people are assholes who think nobody should have something they don't want to have.

I would like to see the casual fan poll numbers about whether they'd prefer to watch WMMA generally or Men's 125. There might be some numbers on event viewership with WMMA vs FLW headliners but because the undercard can bolster a weak headliner they probably aren't very meaningful.

Problem is most people are assholes who think nobody should have something they don't want to have.

I would like to see the casual fan poll numbers about whether they'd prefer to watch WMMA generally or Men's 125. There might be some numbers on event viewership with WMMA vs FLW headliners but because the undercard can bolster a weak headliner they probably aren't very meaningful.

Majority of the people like to mind their own business and don’t want to control other people’s lives or decisions.

It’s the minority BUT the very vocal minority who feel the obligation to force their beliefs onto others and make decisions for others because “they know better.”

I would rather we combine men's 125 and 135 into a 130lb men's division, and add a 105lb women's division to the UFC too.
105lb women's division?? Who the fk would even make that weight? Completely useless.

As far as wmma is concerned and I hate to admit but if UFC continues to collect talent " from a cosmetic p.o.v", it's going to stay and that's sad.Ashley Yoder is 0-3 and if she loses her upcoming fight but is somewhAt competitive, she drops to 0-4 but is probably kept and I wonder why ?
Oh, you know why, you said it in your post:

ldn-l-ufc-note-10-0301.jpg

I know it's a cliche but flyweight is truly boring asides DJ matches. WMMA has like few bangers. etc. Pudilova's last one was sick IIRC. Or got messed up with someone else.
Yeah, against Irene Aldana. Probably one of the most exciting female matches I've ever seen.

On the other hand, if you watch Jose Torres last fight against Alex Perez a few events ago, that fight was most exciting than any female match I've ever seen since Nunez slaughtered Ronda.

In my opinion, they should both stay in the UFC. Although 4 divisions for the girls is a bit too much...

I said it in another thread. WMMA as a whole is probably more profitable that men’s 125.

Same if not better draw for the females and they look to have lower pay so more profit.

Walk my dog and smoke usually if not cyborg is domestic abusing someone. Mens id watch if its a title fight usually..

Majority of the people like to mind their own business and don’t want to control other people’s lives or decisions.

It’s the minority BUT the very vocal minority who feel the obligation to force their beliefs onto others and make decisions for others because “they know better.”
I guess, Sherdog is pretty much the epitome of a vocal minority. Maybe most people really don't care one way or another about WMMA or FLW.

Axing an entire division seems like a bit of an overreaction, though. But then I don't know what numbers the UFC is looking at.

Back