Mendes says if he had a full camp he would've won

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that athletes are responsible for maintaining their own fucking cardio with or without UFC fight camps.

you do realize that getting in peak physical conditioning to implement a specific gameplan against a specific opponent is something completley different than running on treadmills and rolling with guys daily? I would hope so.

I've seen that fight numerous times. I saw chad getting drilled to the body, getting staggered back with a straight left, while his punches had zero effect. Now this is in the first 2 minutes, when a shortened training camp and cardio had no bearing. conor was already landing on him. When you land on someone that fast, when the fight just started, you know it's not going to go well. haha. What exactly did chad do. landed 50% of his takedowns, landed one good elbow and landed some punches that had zero effect on conor.

So, bias... Gotcha.

Mendes shouldn't be the one making excuses about full camp, Most of his UFC wins came from 2-1 week notice fighters

you saying i havent seen it? i masturbate to that fight every other day bro

LOL!!!!!
Ok, that got a chuckle! But then again, it shows you probably climax faster than the fight's length, and you are probably the one asleep when the end of the fight arrive... :redface:

you need to work on your .... endurance! ;)

I saw yesterday that Mendes says he wins the McGregor fight with a full camp every time. My question is, Wasn't he training just in case one of them dropped out? Does a full camp mean training specifically for Conor?

I agree with Chad.

And if a certain person didn't have a discussion with you

Chad should just shut up and get some wins now, we all know he is going to get an easy route back to the title anyway

you do realize that getting in peak physical conditioning to implement a specific gameplan against a specific opponent is something completely different than running on treadmills and rolling with guys daily? I would hope so.

Normally I'd absolutely agree with the "prep for specific opponents" factoring into any fight camp, but your cardio is your cardio, regardless of who you're fighting. You want the best conditioning possible for every fight.

If a fighter wants to be able to take short-notice fights (especially if they're top contender in the division, for chrissake) they have to be training conditioning regularly. You can blame poor fight IQ and tactics/techniques in the cage on short camp training, but I don't see how cardio should have been lacking. You're the number one contender. Be physically fit.

That being said, for all we know Mendes was in shape but lost cardio due to strikes/adrenaline or trying to keep Conor down. He always seems like a conditioned guy, in general. I'd never seen him tire that fast.

Fighters make excuses every time they lose. Nothing to see here. If he had a full camp and lost he would have found another excuse. Conor didn't prepare for a wrestler and he still knocked him out. I'm not even a Conor fan. Whatever

He prepared for Aldo and still starched Mendes.

But if he prepares for Mendes he loses.

Solid logic.

I'm not gonna make excuses for mendes, but your logic is not sound. Mcgregor had 2 months to get into fighting shape, and then around 3-4 days to prepare specifically for what mendes brings to the table. Mendes had 2 weeks to get into fighting shape and prepare specifically for what conor brings to the table. Which one is at a disadvantage there?

Conor won, good for him, but come on man.

Maybe Mendes should commit himself to focusing on spending more down time in the gym, instead of "sitting on a boat, having a beer" Looking after his body is his money maker, after all, and he's 30, so getting on a bit. Losing some of that muscle mass might do his cardio some good as well.

Normally I'd absolutely agree with the "prep for specific opponents" factoring into any fight camp, but your cardio is your cardio, regardless of who you're fighting. You want the best conditioning possible for every fight.

If a fighter wants to be able to take short-notice fights (especially if they're top contender in the division, for chrissake) they have to be training conditioning regularly. You can blame poor fight IQ and tactics/techniques in the cage on short camp training, but I don't see how cardio should have been lacking. You're the number one contender. Be physically fit.

That's not how peak performance works. A training camp is designed to make you physically peak right at the fight. It's not the kind of shape you're able to stay in all year through. That will break your body, and not allow you enough training time to develop technically or physically in other areas. I'm sure Mendes was in good training shape before the fight - he's certainly no Rampage, but that's not fighting shape, and it never can be.

Chad 'Full Camp' Mendes will never lose, he wins every time! Full camp Mendes would of beat Conor with 5 rounds of sweet lay and pray. Conor is just lucky he got Chad 'mini camp' Mendes. Better pray to Jesus that Chad doesn't have a full camp or it's over for you. Motivated BJ Penn in his prime would have no chance against full camp Mendes. Full camp Mendes could even topple Sea Level Cain! Full camp Mendes never gets knocked out and he wins everytime! Full camp Mendes didn't lose to Josie Aldo! Josie obviously cheated and those fights don't count, put a asterisk next to them. Full camp Mendes is undefeated, he is the ruler of all men, he is the greatest octagon warrior of all time! All Hail Chad 'Full Camp' Mendes!

Full Camp Mendes bless

i predicted mendes would beat aldo in the rematch when people were laughing at what a walk in the park the first fight was. i felt like aldo would fade late and that would be enough. they both faded. it was an all time great war and a competitive fight but i over estimated mendes cardio

i also predicted conor would beat mendes

The ufc has been spoon feeding conor opponents up til now and the aldo fight is still where the big money is. The ufc and conor might be in for a rude awakening but theres no doubt they believe conor can grapple

I think conor is a huge and very athletic fw. In those weight classes its really hard to hold a guy like that down and if your chad mendes you might be forced to work way too hard for top control. Mendes and aldo both have cardio issues for their weight class.

Mendes isn't a one trick pony though. Conor has the habit of focusing on offence and leaving his chin open. Mendes has big power and the ability to land it

To me the key factor is cardio. Mendes has problems keeping a high pace and this is a short camp. Chad did well vs aldo when he was focused but he lost his concentration and his corner had to scream at him to get back to the gameplan. After mendes was just way to content with the loss. Imo his mental game is lacking compared to a champion. Cardio and a champions mind set will be the difference here

I just see conor winning. Mendes could make him look like an amateur but i see conor completely taking over the fight when mendes starts getting tired. Kind of like a diaz will do when you let them pressure you

i also predict conor will beat full camp mendes. it might just take longer

Is there a list of sherdog nicknames?

Chad Full Camp Mendes
Sea Level Cain Velasquez
Motivated Bj Penn

Etc...

I hope Mendes got major ppv points because that fight put him a lil bit back in terms of getting another title shot.
I'd say he's 2 wins away at the least, especially if Conor wins the title.

That being said, for all we know Mendes was in shape but lost cardio due to strikes/adrenaline or trying to keep Conor down. He always seems like a conditioned guy, in general. I'd never seen him tire that fast.

I love how people still claim "for all we know" he was in shape.
Where does this assumption come from?
I know it is something people take for granted (TAM guys training all year long), but it has been documented already that Chad was hunting, and NOT training.

When people chose to ASSume such asinine thing, specially since it has been spoken about in all medias that Chad was NOT in shape, then you just are playing the blind card!

I love how people still claim "for all we know" he was in shape.
Where does this assumption come from?
I know it is something people take for granted (TAM guys training all year long), but it has been documented already that Chad was hunting, and NOT training.

When people chose to ASSume such asinine thing, specially since it has been spoken about in all medias that Chad was NOT in shape, then you just are playing the blind card!

That's his bad. Considering he knows better than anyone Aldo is prone to pulling out. Not only was he out fishing/hunting, whatever he was doing, he was doing it for a TV show. Maybe focus more on the fight career and do the hunting shows when he retires.

I find it funny that people are even debating this. Mendes owned McGregor for the first two rounds and uncharacteristically gassed. If both had a full camp, it'd be more likely that Mendes shows up in better shape than McGregor somehow mastering the art of wrestling.

Back