Mendes says if he had a full camp he would've won

BrunswickMAF

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I saw yesterday that Mendes says he wins the McGregor fight with a full camp every time. My question is, Wasn't he training just in case one of them dropped out? Does a full camp mean training specifically for Conor?

And what if Conor had a full camp preparing for Mendes?

its embarrassing for he to be saying this still now

They fought, Conor knocked him out, nothing else to talk about.

Yes, Mendes was preparing to be a fill in, he's said dozens of times he doesn't get out of shape between fights, he still had a couple weeks notice and Conor wasn't preparing to fight a wrestler ether.

Yes, Mendes was preparing to be a fill in, he's said dozens of times he doesn't get out of shape between fights, he still had a couple weeks notice and Conor wasn't preparing to fight a wrestler ether.

Boom! Thread over! ^^^^

Mendes would whoop his ass no doubt in my mind. He beat that ass in his sleep.

Mendes was winning the first two rounds... he would win with a full camp

Chad was beating that ass on ONE week notice. Conor McGregor can thank god Chad didn't even train for this fight or he would have gotten beat down for another 3 rounds.

Conor prepared for a the fight of his life... Chad filled in with one week to prepare.

There is nothing Mendes could do beat Conor not going to happen.

You know how else he would have won? If he won. And he didn't.

The end.

Sad to say Mendes is a pretender not a contender imo, he's had his chances to be champ and ends up being a chump. Its the alpha male way Faber couldn't get it done in the ufc like 3 times for the belt just like Mendes.

The question seems to be whether or not a full training camp keeps him from gassing in just under two rounds.Considering the way he was able to control the fight (right up to getting KO'ed, lol), if he doesn't gas; he wins the fight, and maybe stops Connor via sub late. But Connor fought very smart, and no one can take that away from him.

So those body shots had no effect?

I thought Mendes claimed he stayed in shape all year round?

they had an effect, a bit exaggerated by conor fans doe

idk about that but 99% of what a fighter says pre fight is just fabricated BS made to hype the fight/intimidate/give confidence

what is he supposed to say?
"yeah my conditioning is so fucking bad rn lmao ill be surprised if i last 2 minutes bruh dont even bother buying this ppv im so out of shape"

I saw yesterday that Mendes says he wins the McGregor fight with a full camp every time. My question is, Wasn't he training just in case one of them dropped out? Does a full camp mean training specifically for Conor?

According to reports, Mendes was hunting, and not training.
And no, no fighter starts training "in case" someone else drops from a fight.

A training camp costs money. And it has to be scheduled, if you want the proper training partners helping you (people can't just drop what they are doing to go help you prepare for a fight).

While people can say Connor could have prepeared better for Mendes (which is obviously correct), they have to understand that preparing and being at peak physical condition is more than hald the battle.

Would a full training camp help COnor train more TDD? Obviously. But it would not bring him up to the wrestling level of Mendes.

but a full training camp would allow Mendes to keep his cardio for 5 full rounds. Kicks or no kicks.

Back