Mendes/Mcgregor needs to happen again

120wrestling

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I keep hearing these jokes alluding to "Motivated penn" "chuck with the look in his eye" "Altitude Cain" and the only one that has any credibility is the "Full camp mendes".

The overwhelming majority of people on this forum have never trained, and don't know the feeling of gassing. I've personally have done amateur wrestling at a pretty high level and there have been times where I'm getting taken down and obliterated on the scores by someone, and once they reach the middle of the 2nd period where they can't explode and hold you down anymore, they're a fish out of water.

You simply cannot fight 5 rounds let alone 3 on 14 days notice, that type of endurance is not natural and no one can do that unless they're training for it. Personally I think Conor failed that test against Mendes and this match up needs to happen again. If Chad comes in the form he came in at Aldo 2, him vs conor will look a lot like Chael vs Silva.

The best way I can equate it, is your teacher telling you you have a test tomorrow on 5 chapters and you only have a slight understanding of them.

I'm not saying Conor would lose, infact I was on the Conor hype train for a long time, but the disrespect fans have against fighters is annoying, especially if they;ve never trained.

I'm sure it will some day. Assuming Conor stays at FW for a few more years.

Did you not see the 20+ body shots that McGregor landed on Chad? As if those had absolutely nothing to do with the fight... Chad stated himself that he kept in shape in case if someone withdrew. He was ready and just got beat by the better guy.

They will once Aldo beats Conor.

Then Mendes will beat Conor as well.

They will once Aldo beats Conor.

Then Mendes will beat Conor as well.

And then Max Hollaway will beat Conor.

And then Diego Brandao will beat Conor.

And then Cody McKenzie will beat Conor.

And then Ronda Rousey will beat Conor.

I gassed playing soccer this summer, terrible feeling

Did you not see the 20+ body shots that McGregor landed on Chad? As if those had absolutely nothing to do with the fight... Chad stated himself that he kept in shape in case if someone withdrew. He was ready and just got beat by the better guy.

Those body shots took so much out of Mendes, I agree. But Chad was clearly not in 5 round shape, he gassed at the very 1st take down, the 1ST! The Chad that fought Aldo and the one that fought Mcgregor are very different in terms of conditioning.

Technique and conditioning go hand in hand.

I gassed from reading the same excuses over and over again.

lol an excuse would be if chael said "I only lost cause I slipped on my spinning back fist", having 14 days to fight 25 minutes is not an excuse...you could scientifically prove that if you wanted to go that far.

No one wants to see these manlets fight, they are a shit draw.

Dana should scrap every division under WW.

I mean it's kind of sad that your average sherdogger who is 200lb of lean mass can wreck these so called *cough* elite *cough* midgets.
:p

You simply cannot fight 5 rounds let alone 3 on 14 days notice, that type of endurance is not natural and no one can do that unless they're training for it.

I suppose nobody told Neil Magny about that. He fought three hard rounds and won last night on two weeks notice. As many others have in the past.

Of course Chad will say he's ready and in great shape, he has to sound confident. But bottom line is that taking a 5 round fight on that short notice there is no way possible he's ready.

I am a bigger fan of Conor, never liked Mendes much. But in the whole "body shots" vs "no camp" debate I am with Mendes. Both contributed I am sure, but I believe the short camp had more to do with him gassing.

I gassed playing soccer this summer, terrible feeling

just imagine that in a fight, where you can't stop and take a break,some guy is just walking you down. you're basically an injured animal waiting to get finished

I suppose nobody told Neil Magny about that. He fought three hard rounds and won last night on two weeks notice. As many others have in the past.

Not the same situation. Magny fought on Aug 1st and had a full camp for Maia and took the Silva fight the next week, he was already in fight shape. Mendes last fought at the start of April and then didnt have a fight scheduled till he took the Conor fight late June nearly 3 months later. One was 3 rounds the other was 5 rounds, its not the same situation.

Salt-014.jpg

crow_7_by_peroni68-d3im6qw.png

just imagine that in a fight, where you can't stop and take a break,some guy is just walking you down. you're basically an injured animal waiting to get finished

Funny thing you mentioned thhis because after a break I said the same thing to my buddy about being in this condition in a fight and what a nightmare that must be.

Back