Memorable Tv Drama Quotes/Catchphrases

blokeybloke

Prem Fred BMF Belt Holder
@Titanium
Reaction score
Just been reminded of one that eventually became part of real-life Parliament lore and is still often used by politicians to this day.

Francis Urquart said:
"You might very well think that; but I couldn't possibly comment"

^ From the original UK version of the House of Cards.

imdb trivia said:
(meaning "Yes, but I'll deny everything if challenged") has become part of the English political language. "Urquhart's Avoidance" is as widely known as real-life political euphemisms such as "he wants to spend more time with his family" ("he's been sacked or resigned in disgrace") and "he's been economical with the truth" ("he's told blatant lies to save his own skin")

Which Tv catchprases resonated with you, or your Nation?

I'd imagine there are a ton from MASH or Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
I've only seen the first four episodes of BB, he hasn't even shaved his head yet and I know 'remember by name' and 'I'm the one who knocks'. That's with trying to avoid spoilers on it like the plague.

'Winter is coming' has to be up there as well.

In America, the Miranda Rights were basically made up by a show, but now they're basically a requirement. If a police officer forgets to tell a perp his rights, he can sometimes go free. I think it was Dragnet, but it could have been another show.

telly-savalas_zps4f0cf6ce.jpg

Deleted to appease someone not worth speaking to.

Last edited:
a little long to be a catchphrase but Baelish's "Chaos is a ladder" speech was great

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-19898-chaos-is-a-ladder-quote-Wallpa-8b9A.jpeg[img]

[B]I've never watched GoT.[/B][/QUOTE]

You should give it a shot. Its a great show.

edit: just saw your edit. It sounds a bit cheesy on its own, but it was awesome in context, along with the scene it went with

This was said by Frank Underwood in the American version of House of Cards, "Money is the Mc-mansion in Sarasota that starts falling apart after 10 years. Power is the old stone building that stands for centuries. "

um, did you read the thread title or do you not know what words mean?

Tell you what I will do since I made a mistake and you are taking the asshole route about it, I will delete what I typed and hopefully we never speak again at the site. Now if this does not appease you then you will just have to learn live with it.

Last edited:
I think 'Memorable TV Drama Quotes' would be more accurate thread title.

'Catchphrases' like 'What you talking about Willis?' And 'Did I do that?' Have been out of style for a long time, thankfully.

But BB's Walter White unquestionably has the most memorable quotes.

"You must respect the chemistry."
"Say my name."
"You're goddamn right."
"I am the one who knocks."
"Stay out of my territory."
"My name is Heisenberg."

Back