Meme-Level Josh Fabia Under New Scrutiny After Diego Sanchez Was Dominated in Two Consecutive Fights

Should Fabia be banned by the UFC?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who is Diego Sanchez’s Coach Joshua Fabia?

Based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Fabia is the founder of the ‘School of Self-Awareness,’ an organization that states its main objective is to help “people who want to be of service to the world, which comes from first having empathy, compassion, and love for oneself,” and does so by utilizing “ancient wisdom with modern innovations.”

. . .

The School of Self-Awareness, where Fabia primarily works, offer classes ranging from “Breathing and Movement” to “Healing” and, of particular interest, the “SOS Survival Method,” which clearly employs Fabia’s apparent background in Systema, perhaps one of the worst backgrounds possible when coaching MMA.

. . .

In a totally lopsided unanimous decision, Sanchez landed just seven significant strikes throughout the course of the 15-minute contest and was essentially taken down and controlled by Chiesa at will. Between rounds, Fabia looked to inspire his fighter with technical advice like “I need that Tyson, I need those strikes,” which clearly proved useless.

. . .

The case of Diego Sanchez is yet another stark reminder that getting punched in the head is a dangerous way to make a living, and while Sanchez was never exactly ordinary (his walkout against Joe Stevenson and appearance on the first season of TUF are testament to this), this latest chapter seems particularly concerning when it comes to his health.

https://thebodylockmma.com/ufc/who-is-diego-sanchezs-coach-joshua-fabia/

The UFC can't ban him for convincing Diego Sanchez to let him be his coach/life guru. That's all on Diego.

Diego won his last fight... Dude is clearly doing something right.

The guy is literally an Instagram guru who fabricated his "credentials" and doesn't give a fuck about Diego other than as a way to make money. If he cared about Diego at all, he wouldn't let him get in there with young, hungry fighters looking to make their name by annihilating Diego Sanchez. Diego has actually un-learned to fight and gotten worse under this guy. He should have retired years ago, but if he insists on continuing, he needs to find a camp that's willing to protect their fighter and use tried and true training methods, not whatever the fuck this guy is doing.

#1 the UFC can't control who the fighters train with or use as coaches.

#2 diego needed to retire a while ago. Not that mr self aware is helping but diego it could be Greg Jackson and the results will still be similar

When a guy disregards his 5 year old daughter (he basically said he has a 5 year old but is willing to die in the Octagon because he put so much into his career.) It's time to have an intervention and try and tell Diego 'You did amazing, you did great things for TUF 1 and EVERYONE will remember you, whether it be the good or bad. It's time to train the next generation, Diego. It's time to take care of your daughter.'

But I'm not Diego, I'm not a fighter or a father. Strange situation.

This Fabia guy is obviously taking advantage of Diego in the worst way and should be shamed.

It isnt the UFC's job to prevent their fighters from making horrible mistakes with their choice of camp.

Regardless of how one feels about Diego he is still a grown person and his decisions belong to him for better or worse.

That said, I do wish for his sake he would pick a legit camp or retire.

Should he be banned? Hell no. This 1 man corner thing is hilarious. It's like a gimmick straight from wwe. It actually makes me more interested in diego sanchez fights.

file.jpg

Guy has an equal number of wins as a coach in the UFC than all of ATT have wins, and a much higher winning percentage (...that's Australian Top Team I mean, btw).

Last edited:
Remember when he forced Diego to close his eyes in the middle of the octagon and pressed a knife into his abs and Diego had to "Movement" out of danger? I do.

He may not be prepared to win an MMA fight, but he is at least training in case he goes blind midfight and his opponend sneaks a knife into the cage. So tell me the SOS isn't preparing him!

- Edit - Damned shame my image failed.
VBC476p

Last edited:
Fuck. No. That shit is entertaining as hell. Never ban any coaches. What do you want, a nanny league run by Dana? Fuck off with that stupid poll. Anyone that votes yes is a retard.

Diego won his last fight... Dude is clearly doing something right.

comeon now...he didn't win anything. he got is ass kicked, but got lucky cause his opponent just couldn't control himself. but it was nothing diego did to win...it was what his opponent didn't do...he didn't use self control.

Sanchez and Fabia vs McGregor and Portal, in the inaugural Touch Butt championship.

Venue: Any Park

comeon now...he didn't win anything. he got is ass kicked, but got lucky cause his opponent just couldn't control himself. but it was nothing diego did to win...it was what his opponent didn't do...he didn't use self control.

I beg to differ...

Screenshot_20200216-185839_Samsung Internet.jpg

3-1 from his last 4... Diego is still going strong.

I beg to differ...

View attachment 731951

3-1 from his last 4... Diego is still going strong.

dude, he's lost his last 2 fights...got destroyed by chiesa and got whooped by perreira...fact...stop going by technicalities, just to get people riled...we all saw the fight..we all saw diego get his ass kicked...but yes, he did beat the other 2 guys...and as i've said in other posts, as long as diego is fighting nobodies with like 3 fights, like Gall, then he might be competitive....

Back