Meme Discussion 08.09.2016

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by RighteousWar, Aug 9, 2016.

1. RighteousWar

RighteousWar @JesusFreak Banned

[​IMG]

Please discuss.

2. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

There is nothing wrong with having different views on the whole transgender bathroom issue. It's a complicated issue and there are going to be good arguments made on both sides. A lot of people are going to disagree on how to handle it, and open debate will be necessary. There are reasonable ways to have that debate, but projecting it onto children for memes is not one of them. Children are a product of how they are raised. Children do not care about race, sexuality, nationality, or gender unless you tell them to care.

FinalFight likes this.
  3. Oiler

Oiler Purple Belt

Its very important that trans ppl have rights and dont get treated like shit

But the bathroom issue is overblown

Every second our govt spends on it is a second they could spend on poverty or terrorism

Its much about political gamesmanship

4. Horse Style

Horse Style Silver Belt

dis·crim·i·na·tion
    dəˌskriməˈnāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1. the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.
    People want trannies to use the bathroom that corresponds to their biological sex...just like everyone else...yet many people call it discrimination. Apparently being treated like everyone else is discrimination now.

5. Thunderflash500

Thunderflash500 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Children are the ones who have to deal with the lefts insanity. They now are supposed to change in front of mentally unstable men or use the bathroom with them. You're talking about kids being raised in vacuum when you say they don't care. Cause american kids currently do think it's weird. And I'd argue youre wrong anyway. What other species allows its young around males they don't know? Oh but they aren't men even though they have cocks. They are women cause they feel that way.

Not only do they have to use a bathroom with mentally unstable men, but also perverts pretending to be mentally unstable men. There is no way to prove who is telling the truth and Who isn't because none of it is based on science or reason. You can be a 300 pound man with a beard who says they feel like a woman that day. Now they are sharing the bathroom or locker room with your daughter. Is normal.

The meme is accurate. Liberals are just too blind to admit it.

KnightTemplar likes this.
  6. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

It's reasonable to believe that everybody should use the bathroom that corresponds with their biological sex.

What is not reasonable is saying "what other species allows its young around males they don't know?" Do you actually know the answer to that question? I'm guessing you are not all that familiar with the entirety of the animal kingdom, and neither am I.

You might as well ask, "What other species wears clothes?" I think the answer to that is that no other species wears clothes. Does that make it reasonable to say that everybody should be naked? That is the logic you are using here.

It is also not reasonable to use the "unstable men" argument. Not only are you calling all of these people unstable and implying they are inherently dangerous, which is not supported by any evidence, but you are ignoring the fact that unstable people use bathrooms with little kids all the time.

There are great arguments to be made on both sides. But you are relying on some illogical ideas here.

7. n...not crazy

n...not crazy Silver Belt

This is very true. There are reasonable ways to debate.

But if one side runs around calling people bigots and phobes, the whole reasonable part is pretty much kaput. Sarcastic memes are funny, too. Political leaders insinuating that 50% of the USA are "-ists" and "-phobes", well that's not funny. At least the fucking memes are funny, so they have my support and thumbs up.

8. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I agree. You cannot immediately assume people are homophobic just because they do not want transgendered people using the same bathroom as their children. Most people do not understand why it is even an issue, do not understand what the current laws are, and have never met a transgendered person on which to help formulate any of their opinions.

But just because a meme can be funny, it does not mean that it does not carry significant emotional weight. Appealing to people's deepest seated fears is not the way to begin a debate. Posting a picture of Obama directly attacking a young crying child is just as irresponsible and disingenuous as calling everyone who disagrees homophobes.

9. n...not crazy

n...not crazy Silver Belt

When's the last time you witnessed a measured, calm, and mature debate? After 40 seconds, someone's just gonna call you a Kleinfelter or pull a race card from their back pocket or something. You have the right idea, but you're pissing in the wind. Idealism is a painful mindset, I wish you the best :)

nac386 likes this.