Melvin would be a great add to the MW div

Melvin 2005-2006 version would have been interesting to see in the UFC. He'd probably have had a puncher chance against anybody.

fair enough, at least you're not calling it lucky. And does it really matter where Lawler was looking when he threw the punch?

Melvin was looking up at the lights after the fight.

and nah Robbie didn't appear THAT shocked the punch landed, as after all he did follow up with a left punch next, which forced the stoppage.

a rematch would be interesting to see, but Lawler's apparently returning to the UFC as a Welterweight

Tim Kennedy, Robbie Lawler, Paulo Filho, Tatsuya Mizuno, Gegard Mousasi, Yoshihiro Akiyama all finished Manhoef in the first round when they fought. That's hardly going to make Anderson duck him!!

He's an exciting fighter, but his ground game is sub par.

True and anyone who's watched Anderson knows he can also finish opponents who are better/bigger than Kang with a single knee to the body. Or a single punch, kick, reverse elbow, etc. In addition, his ground game and wrestling are leagues above Melvin's. That said, Manhoef vs. Anderson would be a fun, but Melvin would never make it to a title fight. He'd never get through the likes of Shields, Okami, Jacare or anyone else with a strong wrestling, judo and/or BJJ game.

True that, I was exaggerating a bit. But Lawler was getting tooled and was looking at the floor when he threw that overhand and as soon as it landed he looked at Manhoef like "Whoa, holy shit, did I just do that?"

I'd pick Manhoef in a rematch.

Bullshit. Lawler was timing that legkick cuz he knew he only had one shot to hit the counter and if he missed he was fucked. The last two times before the counter that he was hit with the leg kick, his right hand dropped as if he was winding up for a hook and then on the third he threw it and landed.

I was sure t his was going to be a bumped thread from 5 years ago or something. Well anyone who can get by Kang probably has Silva shaking in his boots. Wait, what?

fair enough, at least you're not calling it lucky. And does it really matter where Lawler was looking when he threw the punch?

Melvin was looking up at the lights after the fight.

and nah Robbie didn't appear THAT shocked the punch landed, as after all he did follow up with a left punch next, which forced the stoppage.

a rematch would be interesting to see, but Lawler's apparently returning to the UFC as a Welterweight

He stopped for a second or two after the punch landed and then threw the finishing punch.

I don't believe in lucky punches, he aimed at the head, he threw it and it landed, there's no luck there.

God, he's the man who just knock out Kang, and Hunt in less than 1 minut

Anderson Silva would duck that fight all day i guess...

Lol Melvin can knock anyone out but i highly doubt his chin would hold up against Anderson

That was literally a no-look overhand right thrown by Lawler that by some God given miracle landed straight on Melvin's chin. Lawler couldn't believe himself when he saw it and it was the last thing he could do before falling to the canvas after the beating that he took.

AHahah...oh my god, you've used up all your excuses and BS for the day. They trained for that punch and he was looking for it the whole fight. ONE punch and Melvin was snoring. Hahah...loved it. Not a miracle, Melvin had a habit of dropping his hands at the wrong time, Lawler trained it and executed (Literally)

Bullshit. Lawler was timing that legkick cuz he knew he only had one shot to hit the counter and if he missed he was fucked. The last two times before the counter that he was hit with the leg kick, his right hand dropped as if he was winding up for a hook and then on the third he threw it and landed.

^^^^

That was literally a no-look overhand right thrown by Lawler that by some God given miracle landed straight on Melvin's chin. Lawler couldn't believe himself when he saw it and it was the last thing he could do before falling to the canvas after the beating that he took.

Yeah, I doubt that he could walk after that fight.

Manhoef always has like a 50% chance of knocking someone out. I do think his chin is gone sadly though

i think its too late for melvin we most likely wont be seeing him in the octagon im sure

A knockout is a knockout, he meant to throw the punch and it landed, that's it.

I guess that too. Anderson would be terrified of someone who was knocked out by Robbie Lawler in 2010.

You are right, Anderson would be terrified. If you had watched that fight Lawler threw that punch out of desporation because he was getting beat up badly. A lucky punch is a lucky punch and anyone can get cought even Anderson. Thats why he won't fight anyone that is a top level striker. Thats why he will never fight Vitor again, because he landed a lucky kick.

You are right, Anderson would be terrified. If you had watched that fight Lawler threw that punch out of desporation because he was getting beat up badly. A lucky punch is a lucky punch and anyone can get cought even Anderson. Thats why he won't fight anyone that is a top level striker. Thats why he will never fight Vitor again, because he landed a lucky kick.

God.....the idiocy on Sherdog is madness. You seriously think the number 1 Pound for Pound fighter is scared to fight Melvin Manhoef?

"Landed a lucky kick"? Hahaha! He threw the kick on purpose at Belfort's chin. How is that lucky?

Was the triangle against Sonnen "lucky" as well? :rolleyes:

Yeah...hyping a guy up against Anderson...nothing new at all.

His striking is pretty overstated these days. He got dropped standing by Tatsuya Mizuno.

Back