Melvin would be a great add to the MW div

ilovepasta

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
God, he's the man who just knock out Kang, and Hunt in less than 1 minut

Anderson Silva would duck that fight all day i guess...

KOd Kang with a knee to the body. Melvin's a beast, but he's too old now. The UFC should have signed him back in 2005.

Melvin_Manhoef_vs._Denis_Kang_1.gif

God, he's the man who just knock out Kang, and Hunt in less than 1 minut

Anderson Silva would duck that fight all day i guess...

I guess that too. Anderson would be terrified of someone who was knocked out by Robbie Lawler in 2010.

Shungo Oyama finished Kang in the first round recently too...

A victory over him doesn't mean much.

Sadly melvins aging rapidly now.

Melvin v Anderson was a fight I wanted to see for years.

I like Melvin as much as the next guy but he'll most likely lose to Mamed Khalidov in June.

I guess that too. Anderson would be terrified of someone who was knocked out by Robbie Lawler in 2010.

It was 2010, but I get your point. Lawler literally lost every important fight he had in Strikeforce including losing a standup battle to Babalu of all people.

That was literally a no-look overhand right thrown by Lawler that by some God given miracle landed straight on Melvin's chin. Lawler couldn't believe himself when he saw it and it was the last thing he could do before falling to the canvas after the beating that he took.

That was literally a no-look overhand right thrown by Lawler that by some God given miracle landed straight on Melvin's chin. Lawler couldn't believe himself when he saw it and it was the last thing he could do before falling to the canvas after the beating that he took.

psh, stop making garbage excuses. yes Lawler KTFO'd Melvin with one punch in a fight he was getting tooled

but Melvin was standing in front of Lawler with his hands at his sides, not protecting his chin

it's not a God given miracle the punch landed ... Melvin had poor striking defense. It's not the 1st time Melvin's been KO'd either

similar thing happened vs Kyotaro in kickboxing, Melvin opened up and got countered

Melvin has perhaps the worst takedown defense of anyone not named Dan Henderson or Melvin Guillard. He'd get absolutely owned in the UFC's middleweight division. Yes, he's an excellent strikers, but there are so many excellent wrestlers/grapplers that would nullify that in a hot second. Melvin wouldn't even sniff the top 10 if he were in the UFC.

Yeah, Melvin's a beast. He'd be a great addition to any MMA org.

psh, stop making garbage excuses. yes Lawler KTFO'd Melvin with one punch in a fight he was getting tooled

but Melvin was standing in front of Lawler with his hands at his sides, not protecting his chin

it's not a God given miracle the punch landed ... Melvin had poor striking defense. It's not the 1st time Melvin's been KO'd either

similar thing happened vs Kyotaro in kickboxing, Melvin opened up and got countered

True that, I was exaggerating a bit. But Lawler was getting tooled and was looking at the floor when he threw that overhand and as soon as it landed he looked at Manhoef like "Whoa, holy shit, did I just do that?"

I'd pick Manhoef in a rematch.

Melvin's really hit and miss, but I do think he's very underrated. If he had a ground game he'd be legit.. but he doesn't mind you.

That said, if you watched his last fight in Road where he fought some fat old Korean guy making his debut.. well, let's just say he looked less of a world beater.

He can lose against the worst or win against the best with the power he packs, so it's probably not worth the ufc having their MW division play Russian roulette with a guy who's never gonna be a contender. .

Tim Kennedy, Robbie Lawler, Paulo Filho, Tatsuya Mizuno, Gegard Mousasi, Yoshihiro Akiyama all finished Manhoef in the first round when they fought. That's hardly going to make Anderson duck him!!

He's an exciting fighter, but his ground game is sub par.

Back