Melvin Guillard on the hot seat

If Leonard Garcia gets another chance so should Melvin. I personally can't stand Garcia but I find Melvin fun to watch most of the time.

He should fight Leonard Garcia. :icon_evil:icon_evil:icon_lol:

They'll feed him someone soon just to keep him alive. Melvin should be kept away from guys with BJJ.

or power or wrestling or heart...

I don't want to see guillard cut he's an exciting fighter even though he's possibly my most disliked fighter(behind badr hari) .It would suck if they cut him cause he's fun to watch unless he's scared like vs jeremy stephens.

Garcia got robbed and should def be kept around. Melvin is improving his ground every fight, ppl need to stop shitting on him. He's very exciting and talk of cutting him shouldn't even be going on yet

if there keeping garcia around for one more shot then melvin will definitely get one more shot.

Melvin just needs to go somewhere and train with a Gi for a solid 6 months. Learn some good sub defense. Like go to England and train with Roger Gracie or NYC and train at Marcello's all day.

This is a good idea. Who else liked his armbar attempt? Not the standard, but just the fact that he tried!

melvins improved alot, see how easily he shrugg off Varner over his head and went for subs also.

I think melvins still exciting and comes to fight, just like garcia and ufc likes these guys over brunson clock watching guys. Considering both could have won and many feel they might both have then u gotta keep them on.

He gave up the Varner fight. In the first round he was tentative of Varners power, only after he was down 2 rounds id melvin say fuck it and start swinging like Melvin. I really think he was too afraid of the KO and he gave this fight away. Melvin is a weird guy so talented but like glass he cracks under pressure.

He's not gonna be cut dana likes him and he's tuf royalty. He also took the cowboy fight on a weeks notice and dana praised him and said we won't hold this one against him because he just fought a 2 weeks ago he's not going anywhere..

I dont consider him a good fighter. With the whole hand pistol pointing at Varner at weigh ins, was classless. With all the shootings happening, he could have just Diazed him and thrown him the bird.

For real, Mini-Randleman is definitely struggling lately.

Has potential to be champion

lol

everytime i read ''he has the physical tools to be champ'' or ''he's so talented, his mind is the only issue'' i lol hard. That has to be the biggest crock of shit ever. Why? because he is fast? because he rocks a six pack? this is not ultimate modeling or gymnastics championship. That matters shit. Also many of you come up with the lame excuse of him not training bjj. What the fuck do you guys know about him? what if he trains bjj for hours? You don't think he realized that his ground game is weak and he needs to improve? Not everybody can become good at bjj. Period. His chin is effy, no heart, weak wresslin and bjj. His hands are good but he got ktfo too so i don't know where the hell you guys take from that he would be a world beater if he improved his ground game. You people need to wake up. Guillard is a mid tier guy, and that's being generous.

Last edited:
I thought defensively Guillard looked better than usual in his last fight. He seems to be improving and I think if he gets easier competition he'll be on a win streak again.

I dont consider him a good fighter. With the whole hand pistol pointing at Varner at weigh ins, was classless. With all the shootings happening, he could have just Diazed him and thrown him the bird.

As a black guy that wasn't a gun symbol that was I'm gonna fuck you up symbol typically when blacks do a gun symbol they use the middle and the index finger together with the thumb not jut the index finger. Index alone means I'm gonna fuck you up. It's a dumb thing to do all the way around

I thought defensively Guillard looked better than usual in his last fight. He seems to be improving and I think if he gets easier competition he'll be on a win streak again.

lol het got tagged in every round when Varner pressed forward.
Melvin is not a technical fighter and it showed that he can't do a stick and move strategy.

Melvin just needs to go somewhere and train with a Gi for a solid 6 months. Learn some good sub defense. Like go to England and train with Roger Gracie or NYC and train at Marcello's all day.

You're kidding right? The Blackzilians have about 30 blackbelts training there..... He won't find any better training than Mario Sperry and the group of Brazillians over there.

lol

everytime i read ''he has the physical tools to be champ'' or ''he's so talented, his mind is the only issue'' i lol hard. That has to be the biggest crock of shit ever. Why? because he is fast? because he rocks a six pack? this is not ultimate modeling or gymnastics championship. That matters shit. Also many of you come up with the lame excuse of him not training bjj. What the fuck do you guys know about him? what if he trains bjj for hours? You don't think he realized that his ground game is weak and he needs to improve? Not everybody can become good at bjj. Period. His chin is effy, no heart, weak wresslin and bjj. His hands are good but he got ktfo too so i don't know where the hell you guys take from that he would be a world beater if he improved his ground game. You people need to wake up. Guillard is a mid tier guy, and that's being generous.

I would use another language, but the message is there

PS: and reading things like "the mind is the only issue" is laughable by the way. A strong mind, both training and in fighting is one of the key aspects to be a champion. Without it you are nothing

He needs to push forward he reminds me of Rashad a little strike then move. He needs combos and with his size some takedowns.

Back