Melvin Guillard: "FEAR and NERVES Got The Best Of Jamie Varner"

So Melvin got his show money for the fight that got cancelled...does he get show money again when they fight in a couple weeks? If so, not too shabby of a deal. Could potentially get show money for cancelled fight, and show and win bonus for fight in a couple weeks

yes, the UFC has to pay him his show money twice.
Since its only being pushed back a couple weeks, I'm pretty sure Dana thought that was plenty of compensation.

Melvin has to talk himself up to fight real opponents. He also has a history of greasing. If he can't handle the accusation then so be it. Nothing should bother him minutes before a fight especially someone asking and inspecting him for grease.

What history, what fights specifically?

The guy has taken on Barbosa on short notice along with Lauzon....

And he's affraid of friggn Melvin Guillard?

Melvin_Guillard_UFC_mma_Studiomma.jpg

Read more...

So many people taking sides....interesting. How bout a licensed Dr. who is familiar with the toll of training and weight cutting said Varner is sic? Now that I seem like an apologistist, dig this.

Melvin got his show money and a scheduled fight w/Varner...
Take it with a grain of salt, Pro MMA athletes are being condition, through the success and chances given to other Pros, to talk shit, seem pissed and get more attention. Its the 1 2 3's of business it just happens to be a combat sport we are talking about. This is how Melvin stays relevant w/o this fight til it happens(hes not the first to be accused of greasing, Varners not the first heel either) Meanwhile all the shertards get happier than a queer in a dick tree cause someone talked shit! Melvin trolled all yalls ;-)
Business 101 you think people who live and die MMA would see this but no....and Chael is really like that too lol

If the story that Jamie was complaining about greasing and then called in sick 6 minutes later is true then I can believe it.

Melvin was lookin like a beast hope he still has his shit together cause when Varner isn't puking his guts up he's a bad mofo

Varner makes you not root for him even if you want to

Sonnen and Diaz's chickens are coming home to roost, as more fighters are realising you can talk yourself into big paydays instead of actually having to, you know, win fights.

Melvin has to talk himself up to fight real opponents. He also has a history of greasing. If he can't handle the accusation then so be it. Nothing should bother him minutes before a fight especially someone asking and inspecting him for grease.

Seriously didn't he test positive for Cocaine? He acts like he's some upstanding citizen or something.

I think he's talking smack now because varner started accusing him of greasing.

Im sure if varner didnt accuse him of greasing and just fell ill then melvin wouldnt be talking.

Seriously didn't he test positive for Cocaine? He acts like he's some upstanding citizen or something.

Guillard testing positive for cocaine in 2007 has nothing to do with this conversation, at all.

Sonnen and Diaz's chickens are coming home to roost, as more fighters are realising you can talk yourself into big paydays instead of actually having to, you know, win fights.

My point EXACTLY bro! No official rankings is a fucking shit talking free for all mixed with some KO's and some submissions and you have the current UFC landscape/business model

melvin got the same money he would recieved if varner did show up

I already wanted Varner to win, but this just makes me want Jamie to win that much more.

apparently guillard isn't a saint either someone on this forum said he met guillard and asked for a photo with him and he said why so you can go jerk off to it later. so i don't like guillard anymore

link lol... every person that's reported that they seen guillard said he was cool..

Back