Melvin Guillard: "FEAR and NERVES Got The Best Of Jamie Varner"

apparently guillard isn't a saint either someone on this forum said he met guillard and asked for a photo with him and he said why so you can go jerk off to it later. so i don't like guillard anymore

Guillard is definitely a cocky jerk and I LOVED seeing Lauzon drop and tap him.

So is Guillard saying that Varner was faking puking/being sick, or the reason he was throwing up was because of nerves?

Guillard said that nerves combined with a tough weight cut are what cause Varner to pull out. It is actually not an unreasonable guess. Both those factors on the eve of a big cage fight are going to mess with 99.99% of humans. It was widely known that Jamie was having a tough time with the cut this time around

apparently guillard isn't a saint either someone on this forum said he met guillard and asked for a photo with him and he said why so you can go jerk off to it later. so i don't like guillard anymore

I've talked to Guillard in a bathroom before, he's nothing but a class act.

Edit: I'm dead serious too.

I remember hearing that Varner was trying to cut a huge amount in the last couple days, so maybe that was part of it.

And I didn't pay attention to WEC until the last couple shows, but didn't Varner pull stuff like this with Cerrone?

It's very possible that he's right. Guillard would be scary as hell to fight if you felt drained from a bad weight cut. If you're sharp he's very beatable, if not you will end up on a highlight reel. Plus Varner has a history of pulling stunts if he thinks he's in danger of losing a fight. Not saying that he wasn't really sick, just that nerves could have been a legit factor.

How many fights does Varner have under his belt?
Nerves and fear?

There is usually going to be some nerves, but it's much more likely caused by an illness or weight cut.

Pretty damn inconvenient to have to train for a fight twice just to get show money... Melvin isn't some top star, he probably didn't get sponsor money that's just the crappy contract money. In most other jobs you get quite a big bonus for inconveniences... not blaming Dana or anything. I just can't side with Varner on this....

So Melvin got his show money for the fight that got cancelled...does he get show money again when they fight in a couple weeks? If so, not too shabby of a deal. Could potentially get show money for cancelled fight, and show and win bonus for fight in a couple weeks

Varner is a pro fighter and brings it every time.

I'm sure all fighters get nerves, but there's no way he was any more scared of Guillard than anybody else. Stupid to even consider it. The guy makes a living fighting professionally... it isn't his first rodeo.

I remember hearing that Varner was trying to cut a huge amount in the last couple days, so maybe that was part of it.

And I didn't pay attention to WEC until the last couple shows, but didn't Varner pull stuff like this with Cerrone?

He got kneed illegally in the 5th round of their first fight which he was winning which then went to a decision he won. Then he was out with a broken hand and foot for a while. They had a rematch set but Varner got injured training so Smooth stepped in. I agree that Varner acts like a baby alot but for different reasons he was injured for the second Cowboy fight And the commission scrapped the fight not him

If that quote is supposed to be taken from his interview during the prelims, that isn't exactly what he said.

Nobody fears you Melvin. Especially a former champ like Jamie Varner. Jamie will crack Melvins weak chin in round 1.

Well to be fair the poster that told this story did have a history, when confronting fighters, of penis greasing...

Back