Melvin Guillard: "FEAR and NERVES Got The Best Of Jamie Varner"

doherty

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Melvin_Guillard_UFC_mma_Studiomma.jpg

“I think it was a little bit of fear, a little bit of nerves and it got the best of him."

"I’m in the locker room getting my rules meeting from the ref, and the end of that rules meeting was a little disturbing because the referee was like, ‘His corner wanted me to let you know that they are a little concerned about you greasing.’ I’m like, ‘What?’ I’ve done nothing but respect this guy and his camp,” Guillard said. “I’ve said nothing bad about him or his camp, and [they’re] going to sit there and try to falsely accuse me of possibly greasing? I’m like, ‘OK, whatever.’ I get undressed out of my suit and I put on my fight gear and I’m warming up now … and not even 15, 20 minutes later, the commissioner walks in and says, ‘Melvin, I think your fight might get scratched.’”​

Read more...

I know Melvin is just talking, but I can't resist.

I think fear and nerves got the best of Melvin in the first 2 minutes of 3/4 of his last fights

Lack of sub defense gets the best of Melvin

Melvin has to talk himself up to fight real opponents. He also has a history of greasing. If he can't handle the accusation then so be it. Nothing should bother him minutes before a fight especially someone asking and inspecting him for grease.

Can't wait for Varner to rock Melvin with the first punch he throws and choke him out. Used to be a fan but after all the shit he talked after Creepy Joe I enjoy seeing him lose

Sounds legit.

Accuse a guy of greasing, start vomitting, and get the fight canceled.

Varner going night night soon enough. Or Melvin gets subbed again.

Either way, hahahahahah!

honestly, I'd talk shit if someone accused me of something too.

I love to rip on Melvin, but Jamie Varner has a history of being a real scum bag, so yeah. Siding with Guillard on this one.

So is Guillard saying that Varner was faking puking/being sick, or the reason he was throwing up was because of nerves?

I love to rip on Melvin, but Jamie Varner has a history of being a real scum bag, so yeah. Siding with Guillard on this one.

I can't believe people would side with Varner on this, Melvin trained his butt off to miss out on his pay because of this stunt. This is worse than ducking imo, ducking means Melvin could of got on with his life and fight someone else. Now he has to train for the same fight and possibly risk getting paid again.

I can't believe people would side with Varner on this, Melvin trained his butt off to miss out on his pay because of this stunt. This is worse than ducking imo, ducking means Melvin could of got on with his life and fight someone else. Now he has to train for the same fight and possibly risk getting paid again.

He got show money, but not the win bonus...plus he gets to fight soon anyway so he really didn't lose anything in this situation.

Accusing Guillard of greasing has also given away the gameplan of Varner, how stupid can you get.

He got show money, but not the win bonus...plus he gets to fight soon anyway so he really didn't lose anything in this situation.

Pretty damn inconvenient to have to train for a fight twice just to get show money... Melvin isn't some top star, he probably didn't get sponsor money that's just the crappy contract money. In most other jobs you get quite a big bonus for inconveniences... not blaming Dana or anything. I just can't side with Varner on this....

apparently guillard isn't a saint either someone on this forum said he met guillard and asked for a photo with him and he said why so you can go jerk off to it later. so i don't like guillard anymore

apparently guillard isn't a saint either someone on this forum said he met guillard and asked for a photo with him and he said why so you can go jerk off to it later. so i don't like guillard anymore

If that's true, that's one of the funniest fan/fighter stories I've heard in awhile.

Yeah he isn't, I don't know whether that story is true though, but I try to judge things on each situation. A nice guy can go to jail for murdering an evil bastard, you get what I mean? What Varner did is BS, if Guillard is as lazy as me double gym time is worse than getting grounded.

Back