Melvin Guillard Changes Teams & Management Once Again

He has to wish he was never influenced by Rashad to leave Jacksons, when Blackzillians was full of selfish fighters that only cared about themselves, which is the exact reason Rashad left Jacksons, and talked a bunch of guys into going there. That camp is a joke....

I'm genuinely curious with the blackzillians situation, when it was first formed on paper it seemed like a bunch of talented yet burdened fighters coming together. I always got the impression that the team was formed by fighters who all had a chip on their shoulder, were at a crossroads in their career, and/or hadn't been able to reach their full potential at their previous camp. I think of an all star pickup team to compare. A lot of untapped talent but too much ego, too little camaraderie. Maybe I'm looking to far into this, does anyone have any input on this?

Also i like melvin as a fighter he's entertaining to watch i hope this new environment is good for him.

Not a horrible move but the one thing I liked about him being in Colorado was he was literally eating, sleeping and breathing MMA. He slept on a cot in the back of the gym and trained all day. When he wasn't training he was watching tape, etc. He has the maximum amount of focus possible. It seems Florida has far too many distractions for him to focus on his job.

solid point right there, hopefully he works hard and can perform well in this next outing

I'm genuinely curious with the blackzillians situation, when it was first formed on paper it seemed like a bunch of talented yet burdened fighters coming together. I always got the impression that the team was formed by fighters who all had a chip on their shoulder, were at a crossroads in their career, and/or hadn't been able to reach their full potential at their previous camp. I think of an all star pickup team to compare. A lot of untapped talent but too much ego, too little camaraderie. Maybe I'm looking to far into this, does anyone have any input on this?

Also i like melvin as a fighter he's entertaining to watch i hope this new environment is good for him.

I don't think they had a lot of good, responsible coaches or even a good head coach like Bang for Alpha Male. They are getting better as a team I think but yeah at first their was more ego. One of the big problem was Bigfoot and Overeem.

I don't think they had a lot of good, responsible coaches or even a good head coach like Bang for Alpha Male. They are getting better as a team I think but yeah at first their was more ego. One of the big problem was Bigfoot and Overeem.

I think the biggest issue there is Rashad, cant put my finger on it, but he seems like he is just out for himself, and could really care less about anyone else there. Look at his falling out at Jacksons.

They also fell off a lot when Van Arsdale left.

Seems like a good call to me. Flying back and forth form Col to Fla seems pointless and expensive. It's all about the bottom line...straight cash homie.

That's what i figured, i pictured a bunch of them at lunch, 'hey I'm a beast, you're a beast, he's a beast let's create a team and make mike van arsdale the head coach?!!'

I've been a fan of mma for a good amount of time and while i don't deny alistair has the ability to succeed I've always thought of him as a robbie lawler caliber fighter (i have been a big fan of ruthless since his original ufc run just for the record) he is more than capable of having flashes of greatness but can never seem to break into the top 5, the same with bigfoot he's a monster of a man with some greats victories but i never see him competing for the belt again.

It does seem that the blackzillians are started to fall into their groove and finding direction.

On a sidenote i think duane at alphmale is a great thing.

What made Melvin move to Florida originally before the Blackzillions, I thought he lived in Houston?

ehhh. Not a Melvin fan. I root for the other guy when he fights.

probably just went there to get some tips from Cole Miller (on how to beat Pearson) haha

yeah I was wondering how he was going to deal with flying back and fourth for camps and then.just staying in shape and training when not in camp. Good move imo.

its better for him they need to train him on some rnc defense

He switches camps a lot and it doesn't seem like its to evolve as a fighter. I wish him the best and hope he can put it together there. It seems like he does much better grounded at a camp. Too bad Jackson's wouldn't take him back.

Back