Melvin Guillard: 5 fight win streak, then 1-4 in last 5

Melvin is not as good as people make him out to be. He's limited in grappling in a grappling heavy division. He'd be better if he had a much higher level of tdd and just fight defense in general.

He's just not that great a fighter compared to the highest tiers of LW's.I'm so happy I don't have to see guillard the next champ threads anymore :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipbrenton View Post
One of the most talented guys in the UFC but is also probably the most stupidest as well

This is either irony or sarcasm. I'm not sure.

The guy did fail for cocaine which is out of your system in generally 48 hours.To think this guy was doing blow right before his fight sounds like only something a ..well you get the picture.

He always loses to top competition, I want him to do better but he is what he is at this point. He will steamroll most lower and mid tier guys, and will make everyone think he can do that against top 10 guys, but he can't.

He's a hot/cold fighter and right now he's in a slump. He's capable of beating all of the guys he has lost to and capable of losing to the ones he's beaten. He's just that kind of fighter.

Melvin is not as good as people make him out to be. He's limited in grappling in a grappling heavy division. He'd be better if he had a much higher level of tdd and just fight defense in general.

One of my favorite fighters in the division, but he's definitely got massive holes in his game. Were always horrified by the Melvin style of submission defense.

Anyone notice the guy nearly kneebar himself Saturday?

Guillard was nothing but another personality hype train that a bunch of teenage boys attached themselves to on Sherdog. Any real MMA fan knew that Guillard wasn't going anywhere near a title shot even while he was at Jackson's.

He's just not that great a fighter compared to the highest tiers of LW's.I'm so happy I don't have to see guillard the next champ threads anymore :)

He will win his next fight and then get in a argument with someone on twitter and the teenage boys will be demanding he gets a titleshot.

He will win his next fight and then get in a argument with someone on twitter and the teenage boys will be demanding he gets a titleshot.

You seem to have quite the preoccupation with teenage boys.

Jesus christ, all the fucking people saying he loses because he is cocky. Was he cocky at all in his last fight?

I think he is losing because he left jacksons where he won five in a row. Ever since he left after the Lauzon loss he move to the blackzilians and has looked like shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipbrenton View Post
One of the most talented guys in the UFC but is also probably the most stupidest as well

The guy did fail for cocaine which is out of your system in generally 48 hours.To think this guy was doing blow right before his fight sounds like only something a ..well you get the picture.

My comment sailed right over your head. I wasn't talking about Melvin himself. I meant the posters use of the phrase "most stupidest" while at the same time criticizing Guillard as being stupid. There's the irony. 'Most stupidest' is not proper English and only a stupid person would say that in a sentence.

Back