Meltzer: "We're getting this new weight class(Women's FW) largely because they need a title fight"

then they should have learnt from past fuckups not to put all their eggs in one basket , she may turn out to be mediocre like van zant and northcutt

Who knows how she will turn out. could be a star could be a bust..but for a variety of reasons UFC is long term excited about her

They are overly obsessed with having title fights, not very PPV has to be a title fight.
I agree, I would also say they have way too many PPVs and not enough fight nights on TV. Obviously they must still make enough money from PPV but all I know is I personally went from watching every fight card and most PPVs to absolutely no PPVs and only tune in when a select few fighters are fighting

it's risky to add an entirely new weightclass on Kayla Harrison's future success? She hasn't even had her first fight yet and claims she's not close to being ready for her first fight. Sure once she steps into the cage Kayla could easily prove to be an even better version of Ronda Rousey or by contrast she could easily be Marina Shafir 2.0, somebody with judo skills who gets KTFO by a stiff breeze.

It's business so there are always risks to take. She obviously has to get some experience and some wins before the UFC. As for the How far off, that depends on her first couple fights. If she looks good there might be a fast tracking to the UFC.

All the risks involved, the word is that the UFC sees her journey of overcoming abuse and being the first judo gold medalist as a potential marketing goldmine if she can fight. I'm sure some of it is ronda talking her up as well.

Back