Meltzer: "We're getting this new weight class(Women's FW) largely because they need a title fight"

5 men's weight classes was and is the ideal. Easy to follow big fights and the champs are more important. Especially when UFC acquired Pride and they had the best talent.

The belt doesn't make you a star if you don't take it from a legit champ, and that's why people don't care about Interim belts or arbitrarily created thin divisions. The irony here is that they're trying to create stars this way.

SMH the UFC is going to complete shit. This is like the MMA equivalent of the 2008 financial crisis. These guys only care about short term gains. They should work on establishing there current divisions. Focus on making Joanna Champion and DJ into superstars instead of these throwaway titles and divisions like WFW.

They are overly obsessed with having title fights, not very PPV has to be a title fight.
I remember some cable companies demanded a title fight in PPVs, no matter what happens.

Can't they just make more interim belts? Khabib vs Ferguson for interim LW, Robbie vs Nick for interim WW, Rockhold vs Jacare for interim MW belt, etc.

Exactly this, complete joke of a main event and complete joke of a fucking division. I'll be avoiding this like the plague.

Here's a tidbit for youguys...

I'm told that The 145 division is really about the UFC wanting Kayla Harrison long term. They believe that her story and personality can lead to big marketing success for them and her. Apparently before starting the class someone unofficially met with her to confirm that 145 was where she would fight mma. Had she declined that weight class then the UFC might have taken a different approach

As always believe it or not. I don't have an internet links for you. My info over they years comes from people i trust

This idiot knows nothing. Always changing the ppv buys to make the ufc happy. Get a spine.

They are overly obsessed with having title fights, not very PPV has to be a title fight.
its just because there arent alot of big name exciting fighters that casuals know anymore. They cant have conor/ronda on every ppv so they think throwing some shitty meaningless title fight will make more money.

WE DONT CARE ABOUT TITLES WE JUST WANT GREAT FIGHTS YOU GOOFS

I'm told that The 145 division is really about the UFC wanting Kayla Harrison long term. They believe that her story and personality can lead to big marketing success for them and her. Apparently before starting the class someone unofficially met with her to confirm that 145 was where she would fight mma. Had she declined that weight class then the UFC might have taken a different approach

As always believe it or not. I don't have an internet links for you. My info over they years comes from people i trust
then they should have learnt from past fuckups not to put all their eggs in one basket , she may turn out to be mediocre like van zant and northcutt

They've pushed it to the point of absurdity with the Holloway/Pettis fight being for a title, and now this. Starting to resemble boxing in a way.

it's risky to add an entirely new weightclass on Kayla Harrison's future success? She hasn't even had her first fight yet and claims she's not close to being ready for her first fight. Sure once she steps into the cage Kayla could easily prove to be an even better version of Ronda Rousey or by contrast she could easily be Marina Shafir 2.0, somebody with judo skills who gets KTFO by a stiff breeze.

then they should have learnt from past fuckups not to put all their eggs in one basket , she may turn out to be mediocre like van zant and northcutt
How FUCKING dare you you BASTARD hater

VanChamp 2017!

- #1 FanZant

How FUCKING dare you you BASTARD hater

VanChamp 2017!

- #1 FanZant
wb2dPre.png

I was joking lol...

She is young though, she's not really mediocre for a fighter her age and could be a contender someday maybe not even that far off.

She could be the SW Julianna Pena whose skills appear to "suck" until the day she beats a contender and then holy shit, she's legit lol.

I was joking lol...

She is young though, she's not really mediocre for a fighter her age and could be a contender someday maybe not even that far off.
i dont think she takes it seriously enough to become top tier, time may prove me wrong, but shes not top ten now
my point is UFC should not have gambled on an unknown talent to carry a division

Back