Meltzer: UFC 190 DTV numbers were huge & PPV # could do over 800k when final

I worked for Directv and it felt like a card that did over 600K. Based on the call volume I knew it would be a big one. It being around 800K sounds about right, but wasn't as busy as 189.

I worked for Directv and it felt like a card that did over 600K. Based on the call volume I knew it would be a big one. It being around 800K sounds about right, but wasn't as busy as 189.

Depends on the area I'm sure. Some areas probably get more activity than others when it comes to MMA.

HAHAHAH MMA is Dying!! WMMA is a Failure!! UFC and dana fucked up!! No one want's to watch Women fight!!
hahahahahahaha

While there is a lot about the UFC i don't like, the control/ pay etc you can not deny they are killing it still.

That was a terrible card on paper...people are crazy

Someone should at least give Bethe the shit talking props here. None of the previous Ronda beat downs featured opponents talking this level of smack beforehand.

Prelims did 1.3 mil and were up against PBC on ESPN.

And all these shills:

Wow. This is why casuals think she is the greatest fighter ever. She is a woman ahead of her time fighting mothers doing MMA as part time.

DGT4NOW & I WILL CUT YOU it's good to have intelligent posters defending Ronda against the idiots. Your work doesn't go unnoticed.

I forgot Ronda was in Fast & Furious 7 which was a massive grossing movie due to Walkers death.
That & her Espy win must have made her even bigger to the mainstream.
It's great. We need another Lesnar, it's good we have Conor too.

8BNzaER.jpg

Can someone shoop dollar signs on Dana's eyes?

MMA Goat, WMMA Goat, Promoter Goat.

I thought that it would do bad, but all the people I know who are not hardcore fans were blowing up facebook with Ronda meme's, videos etc.

Good past 2 events for the UFC.

Ronda made the front page of Reddit at least 3 or 4 times the week leading into the fight. I didn't see a good PPV coming but that should have been a hint.

DGT4NOW & I WILL CUT YOU it's good to have intelligent posters defending Ronda against the idiots. Your work doesn't go unnoticed.

I forgot Ronda was in Fast & Furious 7 which was a massive grossing movie due to Walkers death.
That & her Espy win must have made her even bigger to the mainstream.
It's great. We need another Lesnar, it's good we have Conor too.

MMA Goat, WMMA Goat, Promoter Goat.

Ha, I don't even like Ronda .... I am a Tate fan.
I do respect her work ethic & just bc I dislike her that does not mean that I cannot see her popularity & give accolades she deserves. It is called being FAIR
IMO, the worst part of Sherdog is when someone dislikes a fighter & cannot let go of that & they are absolute that everything the do is negative.
I thought that 190 would do less than 184, I did not see this coming at all ... but I respect it & kudos to her & UFC for making this year a huge year for MMA (along ith Conor).
Thanks for the props though

Wow. This is why casuals think she is the greatest fighter ever. She is a woman ahead of her time fighting mothers doing MMA as part time.
Cat Zingano is the first and only mom who has competed in the UFC. She's been wrestling since she was 12 and competed at the world championship level. This "soccer mom" shit is getting really old.

Cat Zingano is the first and only mom who has competed in the UFC. She's been wrestling since she was 12 and competed at the world championship level. This "soccer mom" shit is getting really old.

Haha, not true. Sara McMann is a mom also, so are Jessica Rakoczy, and Michelle Waterson. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple others too...

Haha, not true. Sara McMann is a mom also, so are Jessica Rakoczy, and Michelle Waterson. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a couple others too...

I am sure there are a few fathers that compete in the UFC also...

The world tour isn't going to do much for Ronda, IMO. Everyone already knows who Ronda is and most people don't really give a damn who she is fighting.

Her and Conor had similar starting times with their UFC careers, but Ronda was, rightfully so, on a much faster track being the flagship fighter and catalyst for WMMA in the UFC. It was a very big deal. Conor had to work his way up on the under cards and make a name for himself with his fights and the opportunities to speak post-fight.

The UFC did the world tour to introduce Conor to the world. The MMA community already knew who he was but the world did not. Now they do.

At the end of the day I don't think it would hurt them to do a Rousey world tour, but I don't think it will translate into many more buys, and I don't think it would make financial sense.

Beyond that, Conor is much more suitable to carry a world tour than Rousey. Ronda is very marketable, but she's not the showman Conor is. She can't generate hype for her actual fights like Conor can.
This, 100%

Paying for a Ronda "World Tour" (unless used to introduce Cyborg for a potential "Superfight") is actually a waste of money.

That's the point at which "the law of diminishing returns" kicks in. It's the same reason that, unless they run a huge stadium show, it's unlikely we'll see Ronda & Conor on the same card.

Back