Meltzer: UFC 190 DTV numbers were huge & PPV # could do over 800k when final

no
mcg-4-310x415.jpg

He got a world tour and a stacked card with a WW title fight.

Honda had washed up Nogs, Shogun, TRT less Bigfoot, and a women's SW fight, plus a TUF Finale. Everyone kept shit talking the card here and can't accept the reality that Ronda sold the card by herself (Bethe did her part as well here).

It must rustle people that the biggest star in mma history is a 135lb woman.

Ronda is definitely more well known to the casual than Conor, but Conor brings the excitement a LOT more, so pick your definition.

Well known doesn't mean shit. It's all about the numbers and Conor is p4p king. Ronda all over the media yet will not eclipse Conor's bout to become 'paper' champ. If Conor beats Aldo he will take it to another level again.

Exactly. You give Ronda the same world tour, millions in promotion and title fight as the co-main, and she blows Conor out of the water

The world tour isn't going to do much for Ronda, IMO. Everyone already knows who Ronda is and most people don't really give a damn who she is fighting.

Her and Conor had similar starting times with their UFC careers, but Ronda was, rightfully so, on a much faster track being the flagship fighter and catalyst for WMMA in the UFC. It was a very big deal. Conor had to work his way up on the under cards and make a name for himself with his fights and the opportunities to speak post-fight.

The UFC did the world tour to introduce Conor to the world. The MMA community already knew who he was but the world did not. Now they do.

At the end of the day I don't think it would hurt them to do a Rousey world tour, but I don't think it will translate into many more buys, and I don't think it would make financial sense.

Beyond that, Conor is much more suitable to carry a world tour than Rousey. Ronda is very marketable, but she's not the showman Conor is. She can't generate hype for her actual fights like Conor can.

It's certainly arguable but it still needs to be seen. There's a reason why you give a world tour to someone and it's not because you try to make someone a star, it's because you think that you have a big star and wants to capitalize on it.

What you say is true. But if the levels of promotion were reversed, do you believe that the PPV numbers would be nearly as close? I think not. Connor is great and he is most definitely as star. However, Ronda is a bigger star both inside and outside of the sport.

The amount of woman who have shared Ronda's fight and her Do nothing bitch video on my fb timeline is kind of shocking

What you say is true. But if the levels of promotion were reversed, do you believe that the PPV numbers would be nearly as close? I think not. Connor is great and he is most definitely as star. However, Ronda is a bigger star both inside and outside of the sport.

It's hard to say exactly how much it gives in PPV buys. A world tour garners a lot of interest in places where they don't sell PPV's. Conor also lost the opponent that he had done the tour with.

Ronda can certainly be bigger in America, but not in Europe I would wager. Certainly not in Sweden at least, which is naturally the only place I can follow the news regularly. Ronda has been a decent draw, not great until now if she does the numbers that Meltzer reports. Conor doesn't have enough of a body of work yet, and of course he'll lose a bit if he gets beaten.

It will be interesting to see if they decide to promote Ronda like that in the future. I guess it will also be interesting to see which becomes the main event when Aldo vs McGregor and Rousey vs Tate 3 happens (or well, I'm quite certain it will be the guys).

No world tour. No access to the fight location (Rio) for American mainstream sports media.

Can't wait for idiots like UL to come in and claim UFC 190 did so well because of Shogun, the way they claimed 184 did so well because of Koscheck.

The world tour isn't going to do much for Ronda, IMO. Everyone already knows who Ronda is and most people don't really give a damn who she is fighting.

If they do one with Tate, it will be huge.
Problem is, Ronda does all these commitments in-between fights.

Can't wait for idiots like UL to come in and claim UFC 190 did so well because of Shogun, the way they claimed 184 did so well because of Koscheck.

or how Dana paid off Meltzer

Well known doesn't mean shit. It's all about the numbers and Conor is p4p king. Ronda all over the media yet will not eclipse Conor's bout to become 'paper' champ. If Conor beats Aldo he will take it to another level again.

True true.

And google, twitter, facebook, instagram.

But we never get an answer to why Meltzer reports the under 200k numbers if he is such a paid shill too

Funny thing is, if you know Meltzer's history & know Vince McMahon, people would realize how many millions he could have made being bought off 30 years ago

Well you'll never know

Because I worked you up so much that you are one of the few childish people on here along with dgtdog that actually use the block function on a forum

Don't blame you though, must be difficult for you to be proved wrong continously

And it's hilarious how you dg constantly make these ppv threads and then when someone says that youre wrong you don't have an argument, you just spam the same thing again and again like it makes sense

Not referring to this thread but others

And Arkain2K don't use the word idiot again, last time we drifted a thread that way you ran to a mod

Last edited:
Back