Meltzer: UFC 190 DTV numbers were huge & PPV # could do over 800k when final

Agree with all
Meltzer also discussed the possible Conor & Ronda card & how a week ago Ronda would look like the secondary fighter to Conor, but now it looks different.
This could be the first real co-main supercard in UFC history.
Add in Punk (if he is ready) & the have three different draws at top, two huge rivalry's & the WWE crossover all in one night

Good lord... that would be swinging for the fences.

Rousey, Conor and CM Punk on the same card is one that I could actually see breaking 2.5M. The UFC could actually sell out Texas stadium... something I don't think I could even imagine 3 months ago.

Rousey, Conor and CM Punk on the same card is one that I could actually see breaking 2.5M. The UFC could actually sell out Texas stadium... something I don't think I could even imagine 3 months ago.

Werdum wants in on that card too!

Conor/Aldo
Rousey/Tate 3
Weidman/Rockhold
Werdum/Cain 2
CM Punk/???

3 million buys.

They really need a supercard like that now
Strike while the iron is hot & then follow up 7 months later with UFC 200.

Funny how a year ago, the braniacs were saying that UFC is dying (some still do) but this year might be their best yet

no
mcg-4-310x415.jpg

ronda is in movies,wrote her own book to new york times best seller list,has been on the cover of sports illustrated twice,won 2 espy's ,was just at wrestlemania having the entire stadium chanting her name and is always talked about on espn,and the late nite talk shows

she has celebs tweeting her like crazy
http://www.si.com/mma/2015/08/02/ronda-rousey-bethe-correia-ufc-190-celebrity-tweets

connor is not even in her league

Last edited:
ronda is in movies,wrote her own book to new york times best seller list,has been on the cover of sports illustrated twice,won 2 espy's ,was just at wrestlemania having the entire stadium chanting her name and is always talked about on espn,and the late nite talk shows

she has celebs like tweeting her like crazy
http://www.si.com/mma/2015/08/02/ronda-rousey-bethe-correia-ufc-190-celebrity-tweets

connor is not even in her league

Ruh Roh,

I predict massive jimmie rustling......:icon_lol:

She continues to surprise me with her ability to draw focus to the sport. I think Conor appeals more to MMA fans, hence why I think he will have higher PPV numbers than her, but she seems to have considerably more broad-range appeal to the masses.

800k buys for a card like this past one is remarkable. Probably more impressed with that kind of turn out than I am with 189 doing over a million (if it does).

I was listening to AM radio on a very long drive yesterday and her name came up on every program, whether sports, politics, financial. The funniest part was that almost everyone discussing her was clearly ignorant of MMA as a whole.

In terms of being a household name Rousey > Brock.

Good stuff!!! Looks like the positive PPV numbers are back now with many good shows this year.

UFC is dying

Yes.

Absolutely everyone here in Brazil knows who she is, and anyone I talk to in the US mentions and knows Ronda.

Like her or not, Ronda is here to stay, and she is a sensation.

I really like Conor, but facts are facts.

02-08-2015-_Ronda_Rousey-_Maracan_-_Staff_Images-5318.0.jpg

Good stuff!!! Looks like the positive PPV numbers are back now with many good shows this year.

This
It is so stupid that 'fans' like it better when UFC does bad business

it was pretty obvious she is a massive draw when she headlined one of the worst cards in staples center and still did over 600k ppv buys. also the machida/weidman card doing so well, its looking like ronda had a big impact on those numbers.

even the haters have to admit she's pretty damn impressive. in the history of fighting sports, no female had been able to draw this kind of attention.

Going to be interesting to see if these numbers end up at that level.

This was a bad card and not nearly marketed with the budget of 189

189: Great card, fantastic matchups (very competitive too), millions of dollars spent in promotion, world media tour etc, like 10 embedded episodes. 950k

190: Terrible card.. TUF finale no one cares about.. no world media tours, standard promotion with a countdown and a couple of embedded episodes, one sided main event: >800k

Ronda is the biggest star, its just a fact

Exactly. You give Ronda the same world tour, millions in promotion and title fight as the co-main, and she blows Conor out of the water

Going to be interesting to see if these numbers end up at that level.

This was a bad card and not nearly marketed with the budget of 189

The bad card bothers me
I hope casuals were not turned off by it

Exactly. You give Ronda the same world tour, millions in promotion and title fight as the co-main, and she blows Conor out of the water

To be fair Rhonda is being marketed though. She's in the new Fast and Furious movie and she doing all kind so of commercials and things like that. I think she will end up being the bigger star but I also think it's to early to really say she's bigger. Connor just had his first big PPV lets see if his numbers keep growing once word of mouth spreads. This fight with Rhonda was talked about a lot more then her last fight at least from what I could see on my FB page.

She's blonde and finishes her fights in a fast way than anyone. The casuals love her.

But when Conor beats Aldo and defend the belt, he will be a way bigger star than Ronda. And I think he already is.

It's certainly arguable but it still needs to be seen. There's a reason why you give a world tour to someone and it's not because you try to make someone a star, it's because you think that you have a big star and wants to capitalize on it.

Back