Meltzer: Ronda I-ppv & tee shirt & book sales

*Ronda

You should know even with third place Ronda was considered a prodigy. Most judo medalists are ~28; Edith Bosch for example was 28 when she beat Ronda who was 21 at the time.

But please, keep up with the butthurt and the fighter bashing.

I actually have no problem with Rhoda and somewhat even like her. It's her super fans and their blind belief in "once in an ever athlete" talk and blatant UFC marketing that makes my butt hurt.

What a dumb argument. 99% of the UFC roster isn't at the star level that Rousey is, or is getting the opportunities Rousey's getting due to a variety of circumstances. Charles Oliveira isn't going to sell 33,000 $25 shirts in two days.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said.

Obviously the number of sales isn't going to be reflective of the average UFC fighter. However, he still makes a good point that fighters need to look for opportunities outside the cage. Take Brendan Schaub for example. He's not exactly the best fighter or the most well-known for his fighting but he still found an outlet (podcast) to make money.

Is Schaub selling 33,000 TFATK T-shirts in 2 days with no marketing?

NAH!

For sure leave the biggest cash cow for some plastically enhanced DNB dummy.

Why do we have to go there? Just because a woman happens to have a certain body type doesn't mean she's stupid or a DNB.

I actually have no problem with Rhoda and somewhat even like her. It's her super fans and their blind belief in "once in an ever athlete" talk and blatant UFC marketing that makes my butt hurt.

She's on a level no woman combat athlete has ever been on, and dominates the best competition in brutal fashion. Plus, her reach and marketability are completely unique to mma. She's really something special. Ronda vs Bethe, in Brazil with old faded legends and TWO TUF: Brazil fights sold 900,000+ ppv. That's incredible.

She's on a level no woman combat athlete has ever been on, and dominates the best competition in brutal fashion. Plus, her reach and marketability are completely unique to mma. She's really something special. Ronda vs Bethe, in Brazil with old faded legends and TWO TUF: Brazil fights sold 900,000+ ppv. That's incredible.

Aren't there a bunch of female wrestlers, boxers, etc who have much longer win streaks.

And it's best competition available which includes accountants, bouncers and secretaries or something like that in a roster of 20 girls or so, not best competition.

And yes she does have popular appeal which in part stems from her "dominance", but pop appeal itself does not equate to athletic dominance. In contrast Kim Kardashian is a money generating powerhouse and mainstream staple and yet her only talent seems to be famous for being famous. You can say Kim is something special too. Someone who contributes nothing of substances to the world yet she has America captivated by her shallow life all the while making hundreds of millions in the process.

Why arent all UFC fighters making and advertising their own shirts - they will make more then the $3 from rebook and sell them at a cheaper price

Reebok is not paying $3 per kit, that was BS, but yes anybody that markets & produces their own product will make more than if somebody did all that for them

Who cares? I am tired of seeing these shit threads about Ronda. They are nonsense and ruining the forum.

Opens thread to say he does care about the thread

Do you open doors to restaurants that clearly advertise food you don't like, just to yell "I don't like your food"???

How is Meltzer privy to such information? Serious question.

He has been a top reporter since the 80's & like any top reporter they have sources

Frank Deford, a 50-year veteran of Sports Illustrated, once labeled Meltzer the most accomplished reporter in sports journalism.

33,000 x $25 = $825,000 in 2 days.

Absolutely nothing to do with UFC/Reebok. Never wore it during fight week.

Why are all these fighters bitching about sponsors dropping them again? Don't bitch about the UFC and Reebok if you can't make any money unless if you're on the UFC stage, that's your fault.

If it was the $100 "kits" that would be the take, I understand it to be Tee-shirts which are probably $25 each give or take. Still a decent take if that many actually sold.

Pretty sure Schaub's dream was to play professional football and be a star like J.J. Watt.

And when it turns out he wasn't remotely good enough for the major leagues, pretty sure his dream changed to becoming a world champion fighter.

And when he got KTFO once too many, pretty sure Rogan slapped some reality into him and made him quit chasing his dream for real.

I'm sure he's living his third dream of selling less T-shirts in a year than his ex does in a week FOR CHARITY. Good for him.
Drives a Porsche, talks on a mic for a living, bangs beautiful big booty latinas on the regular.

That poor schaub.

Back