Meltzer: Ronda I-ppv & tee shirt & book sales

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
From Meltzer's weekly newsletter ...

UFC 190 last week is believed to have set the all-time record for iPPV buys, beating the McGregor fight three weeks earlier by a significant amount. Keep in mind that iPPV continue to rise as a percentage of total buys because people become more familiar with the technology, and it

Ronda haters will now come in and hate on her to give meaning to their useless lives.

Ronda haters will now come in and hate on her to give meaning to their useless lives.

#Gottento

good-good-let-the-jimmies-rustle-through-you.png

Why arent all UFC fighters making and advertising their own shirts - they will make more then the $3 from rebook and sell them at a cheaper price

Why arent all UFC fighters making and advertising their own shirts - they will make more then the $3 from rebook and sell them at a cheaper price

Why isn't everyone going to med school and becoming a doctor?

Maybe MilesAbove can confirm the 25,000 T-shirt sales?
I make the Reebok kits with the company that has the contract. We also make banners, shorts, shirts for Bellator, WSOF, Invicta, Glory, Lion Fight, BJJ tournaments and so forth. So since this thread was up I figured I'd just make a couple calls to the managers we deal with. No direct numbers were asked for, but they willingly said 20% across the board.

I can't out sources but it came from credible sources on my end. 20% was noted by three independent sources. So unless someone along the line is lying (either someone to the manager or the managers to me) then it's 20%. Seems unlikely they'd all come up with the same number unless they're all under the impression that's the actual share.

And one more time.... only Ronda and McGregor have sold more than a handful of Jerseys to this point. Maybe Lawler is at a half-dozen now, and Dillashaw is probably around that, but outside of them it's less. Meanwhile, Schaub is getting paper on the F&K podcast shirts.

Is Schaub selling 33,000 TFATK T-shirts in 2 days with no marketing?

NAH!

For sure leave the biggest cash cow for some plastically enhanced DNB dummy.

Why isn't everyone going to med school and becoming a doctor?

Medical schools don't accept applications from people who don't know the difference between "then" and "than".

Ronda be making that cheddar now. People still want to hate and say she isn't the biggest star in the UFC. She certainly is, whether you like it or not.

I had three different people/couples/MMA noobs call or text me the day of her fight to see where I was watching it.

How is Meltzer privy to such information? Serious question.

Crappy managers, ignorance, and sometimes just sheer laziness.

Plenty of fighters sell their own gear. It takes some work and effort to set up the production and distribution as well as marketing to actually sell them.

You would be shocked at how many fighters don't have their own web sites, don't bother updating their social media, and put in less than minimal effort in terms of promotion and merchandising. It's like they expect the UFC to do everything for them.

It reminds me of a dentist I knew. We got talking about the business of dentistry and he told me that the biggest mistake that new graduates make is that they think they're in the business of being a dentist, when really they're in the business of SELLING dentistry services.

Every fighter is a business, so if you don't treat it as a business you'll always make less money than the person who does treat it as a business.

33,000 x $25 = $825,000 in 2 days.

Absolutely nothing to do with UFC/Reebok. Never wore it during fight week.

Why are all these fighters bitching about sponsors dropping them again? Don't bitch about the UFC and Reebok if you can't make any money unless if you're on the UFC stage, that's your fault.

33,000 x $25 = $825,000 in 2 days.

Absolutely nothing to do with UFC/Reebok. Never wore it during fight week.

Why are all these fighters bitching about sponsors dropping them again? Don't bitch about the UFC and Reebok if you can't make any money unless if you're on the UFC stage, that's your fault.
What a dumb argument. 99% of the UFC roster isn't at the star level that Rousey is, or is getting the opportunities Rousey's getting due to a variety of circumstances. Charles Oliveira isn't going to sell 33,000 $25 shirts in two days.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said.

although she is pretty overrated ya really can't deny she is a massive draw
hype machine deserves a bonus

although she is pretty overrated ya really can't deny she is a massive draw
hype machine deserves a bonus

She's the #1 wmma fighter, and ranked #1. How is that overrated?

Most fighters are not trying to sell their own t-shirts because it would not be worth the effort for the amount of sales they would get.

Rhonda has been on ESPN and pretty much every major TV network making guest appearances on Kimmel etc. Of course her DNB slogan (which is pretty genius) is going to catch on. Women lover her.

What a dumb argument. 99% of the UFC roster isn't at the star level that Rousey is, or is getting the opportunities Rousey's getting due to a variety of circumstances. Charles Oliveira isn't going to sell 33,000 $25 shirts in two days.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said.

No, go sit in the corner and think about what YOU just said.

This self-defeatist mentality of yours is why you will never achieve anything in life. When Ronda Rousey started fighting, WMMA was a circus show inside a fringe sport with little to no prospect, it wasn't even in the UFC. Not even her team mates thought she could make much money off of it. Her no.1 fanboy Edmond thought she was a joke and couldn't give 2 shits about her. Instead of sitting on her ass bitching about "unfair circumstances" and "lack of opportunities", she went out there and changed the circumstances and convinced others to give her the opportunities. Hello?

All these fighters bitching about UFC's draconian practise and the Reebok pay should take a lesson from her book. Don't blame the circumstances, go change the circumstances. A 135 lbs girl is showing everybody how it's done and making them look like slobs.

Is Schaub selling 33,000 TFATK T-shirts in 2 days with no marketing?

NAH!

For sure leave the biggest cash cow for some plastically enhanced DNB dummy.

Someone sounds jelly Schaub is living the dream sitting in his studio talking bullshit all day with his friend and making dollaz. I say good for him.

Back