Melendez: Shields will be on top of Nick Diaz everyday to prep for GSP's top game

I'm surprised and disturbed by all the people itt that thinks about gay sex when it comes to grappling.

Do you guys even train? Grow up.

It's called psychological projection.

They repress their inner homosexual desire, it then angrily comes out like that. It's all unconscious.

lol use some facts at least dude dont look like a typical Diaz hugger.

I dont see how Nick survives the cuts, this fight will not go to decision.

Has Nick been cut since he had scar tissue removed from his face?

It's called psychological projection.

They repress their inner homosexual desire, it then angrily comes out like that. It's all unconscious.

Lol you're probably right.

I just wouldn't really expect that kind of shit on a Mma forum.

gsp vs. jon fitch: WIN , took the soul of Rich Fitch

gsp vs. josh koscheck: WIN and broke Kos face so bad Kos couln't fight nor train for a very very long time

gsp vs. carlos condit: WIN

There , fixed for you .
The common dominator of all his fight is very simple : He's winning all the rounds .

lol use some facts at least dude dont look like a typical Diaz hugger.

I dont see how Nick survives the cuts, this fight will not go to decision.

He wont win strictly via top control as that other tard was implying. GSP is no idiot, he wont be sitting in Diaz' guard if there's no need to - meaning he'll strike with Diaz and will probably fare pretty good there as well.

Say what you want about Jake Shields but his top control made him win an easy fight against Dan Henderson himself. Well, not an easy first minute but and easy ride after the big punch.

Yet, I can't help but wonder how the 209 crowd will spin this to make us believe being on the bottom of Jake Shields is "gangster".

Funny how most Diaz nutthuggers never mention Jake Shields... It's like they're ashamed or something. Just like he were an outcast or not a "real" Gracie BJJ guy. I wonder why, maybe his gangster persona needs some work?

1037.jpg

I wonder what it could be...

He wont win strictly via top control as that other tard was implying. GSP is no idiot, he wont be sitting in Diaz' guard if there's no need to - meaning he'll strike with Diaz and will probably fare pretty good there as well.

Yes. And when GSP easily outstrikes Diaz, the 209 crowd will still claim Diaz is the best striker but could not implement his game because of the threat of the takedown.

They will blame Greg Jackson, they will blame Firas Zahabi, they will blame Pat Lundvall or even the Ref. They, of course, will blame GSP himself. They will find any excuse to explain why Nick Diaz was so easily outstriken by GSP.

And if GSP takes him down, oh the drama! How could he not stand still and let Diaz hit him? Damn you Isaac Newton for elaborating that gravity theory that still prevents Diaz from implementing his game! Oh, and damn you Obama while we're at it. It was you who suspended Nick for smoking, don't try to cover it up!

Anything to avoid the truth.

Yes. And when GSP easily outstrikes Diaz, the 209 crowd will still claim Diaz is the best striker but could not implement his game because of the threat of the takedown.

They will blame Greg Jackson, they will blame Firas Zahabi, they will blame Pat Lundvall or even the Ref. They, of course, will blame GSP himself. They will find any excuse to explain why Nick Diaz was so easily outstriken by GSP.

And if GSP takes him down, oh the drama! How could he not stand still and let Diaz hit him? Damn you Isaac Newton for elaborating that gravity theory that still prevents Diaz from implementing his game! Oh, and damn you Obama while we're at it. It was you who suspended Nick for smoking, don't try to cover it up!

You're overdoing it man.

Sure Diaz fans can go rabid at times, but to be honest some GSP fans are almost equally as aggressive whenever somebody criticises him for playing it safe.

You're overdoing it man.

Sure Diaz fans can go rabid at times, but to be honest some GSP fans are almost equally as aggressive whenever somebody criticises him for playing it safe.
Lol that guy sounds like he has some deep seeded butthurt.

Agreed -- Shields has one of the best ground games in the business. He has defeated a huge list of top BJJ competitors and his technical prowess is top notch.

Shields can attempt to mimic or simulate GSP and his fighting style in that regard, but it most likely won't be the same.
Of course it won't be because Shields isn't GSP. Just like GSP won't find anyone that could 100% imitate Nick Diaz's striking/bottom game/whatever. These are obvious things that doesn't need to be pointed out, hence Melendez didn't do it because he (wrongfully) assumed people would be intelligent enough to make the distinction.

The point of the matter is that Diaz is working from the bottom against a guy who is probably a better top game grappler then GSP, hence it will prepare him for someone of a lesser caliber. Of course it won't work that way because training is training and fighting is fighting, but again, anyone non-retarded can make this distinction by himself and it doesn't necessitate a mention.

Your a dumb dumb... why don't you wait until the fight to find out what "the 209" fans will say?

By the way, why don't you just call them "Diaz fans" since I've noticed that "the 209 crowd" on Sherdog aren't even from here.

No doubt, you probably really have heard/seen individuals make ignorant statements similar to your examples.... but attributing them to all Diaz fans is even more ignorant in it's self.

I've encountered people who aren't even MMA fans but just are jealous of or hate Nick personally... your sounding a lot like one of those.

I think you need to just calm down, watch fights, and talk less shit, buddy.

Of course it won't be because Shields isn't GSP. Just like GSP won't find anyone that could 100% imitate Nick Diaz's striking/bottom game/whatever. These are obvious things that doesn't need to be pointed out, hence Melendez didn't do it because he (wrongfully) assumed people would be intelligent enough to make the distinction.

The point of the matter is that Diaz is working from the bottom against a guy who is probably a better top game grappler then GSP, hence it will prepare him for someone of a lesser caliber. Of course it won't work that way because training is training and fighting is fighting, but again, anyone non-retarded can make this distinction by himself and it doesn't necessitate a mention.

My little sister could mimic Nick Diaz. Walk toward, flip the bird, gesture with arms, open handed slap and talk.

The CHAMP cannot be recreated or simulated.

Has Nick been cut since he had scar tissue removed from his face?

Not problematically.

Dr. Vu removed the scar tissue and shaved his cheek bones.

He can still get cut, but is not prone to fight-stopping gashes like before.

LOL @ the guy who said that it will be stopped for cut... if it's stopped for a cut, it will be on GSP's face.

Back