Melendez has no chance of beating Pettis

You're only making him sound better.

its true. that doesn't mean he is unbeatable, or unable to be hit. Brock had the same thing going on until he fought carwin (not that anyone will admit it cause BRAWK SUX!!!!). we just dont know how Pettis fights if he is hurt yet. people act like he has been champ as long as Jones, bit he has defended it once. its the machida era all over again.

Sherdoggers just keep insisting on using absolutes when it comes to MMA. It's really very silly.

Melendez barely made it past Diego.

Pettis is going to break him in half.

Melendez barely made it past Diego.

Pettis is going to break him in half.

This is just gross. The only thing going to be broken in half is A. Pettis nose. B Pettis arm. C Pettis orbital bone.

Comments like this makes me want Gil to punish Pettis. Honestly Gil is a bad match up for Pettis. He has better wrestling than everybody Pettis fought. Dude has sharpe stand up as well. The kid ain't no joke on the ground. I really don't think Pettis would beat josh Thompson, seriously.

I really am a Pettis fan too, but the kid has a real fight ahead of him. For douchbags to not give Gil a chance is weak. I just hope both fighters have a good and healthy training camp. This is real fight that is worth the money I been paying for.

At this level, anybody who says "no chance" is clueless.

Fight of the night potential with this fight. I see Pettis winning a UD though.

Gil has good defense and counters but Pettis is sneaky and can bait you into opening up right where he wants to land a big blow. I think Gil to win will have to neutralize his striking or make it a grappling match.

Melendez- decision fighter. Pettis- finisher. Pettis has learned a lot of lesson from Clay Guida. He's allergic to decision fighters since then.

I like Gil & think he's a very good fighter. I just think Anthony Pettis is a special fighter who could very well be on his way to become the greatest LW of all time if he just stayed healthy.

People need to stop talking about that Guida loss like it's still relevant. IMO that Bendo armbar busted the myth of Pettis' weakness being on his back.

Melendez is going to catch those kicks and take Pettis down and control him on the ground

Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu Bitch!

I guess you haven't watched MMA for very long then.

The fact that Pettis destroyed Benson in the 2nd fight and the fact that Sanchez hurt Gil more than once shows Pettis has a much better chance. Now I know he lost to Guida but we all know he should've won that because all guida did was lay on him and didn't throw anything.

Back