International Melbourne, metropolis of 5 million people, has gone 9 days without a COVID infection

What are you babbling about. We’ll have 300k dead soon.

Murica has 2,800,000 die a year, top causes.
  • Heart disease: 655,381
  • Cancer: 599,274
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 167,127
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 159,486
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 147,810

Im asking for any of you covid is so deadly types to Show me any nations that will have a considerable bump in their yearly death totals due to covid. 2020 numbers over 2019

I'm asking for a measly bump of 20% year over year.

Murica has 2,800,000 die a year, top causes.
  • Heart disease: 655,381
  • Cancer: 599,274
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 167,127
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 159,486
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 147,810

Im asking for any of you covid is so deadly types to Show me any nations that will have a considerable bump in their yearly death totals due to covid. 2020 numbers over 2019

I'm asking for a measly bump of 20% year over year.

but what does that have to do with Covid killing 300k Americans. Nothing you’re saying means jack shite.

I didn’t know heart disease is contagious.

but what does that have to do with Covid killing 300k Americans. Nothing you’re saying means jack shite.

I didn’t know heart disease is contagious.

What meaning does Covids effect on the yearly total deaths have ?

Come on ja little covid coward, show me some nations that will have their yearly normal expected total deaths rise considerably due to covid. Should be easy as fuck given how deadly covid is, name one nation that will have their yearly death increase by 20% due the the deadly dangerous coivd.

Not reading the whole thing. Could one factor be that they aren't testing anyone who doesn't show up to the hospital to be admitted already suffering from COVID-19? Don't have tents set-up everywhere and haven't tested 160M+ people?

Did they shut down incoming travel? You know, given they're an island?

Come on ja little covid coward, show me some nations that will have their yearly normal expected total deaths rise considerably due to covid. Should be easy as fuck given how deadly covid is, name one nation that will have their yearly death increase by 20% due the the deadly dangerous coivd.

What do these metrics you’re pulling out of your ass matter? They’re meaningless. They are arbitrary numbers that don’t mean shite. We’ll be at 300k dead soon. That’s a real number for you.

The number you'd want to look at to measure the real impact is excess mortality. In Europe right now, the excess mortality number is around 227.000 excess deaths and that number will rise significantly during the second wave we're in. Last year it was 70.000 by the years end. That's a 300% increase of excess deaths (not total deaths).
https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/#

In the US, excess deaths is at 300.000 so far, that will also increase significantly before the year is over. That would be roughly 11% increase in absolute deaths (not quite the 20% you're looking for, which is a ridiculous request, but it may get there soon enough).

CDC reports 300,000 excess deaths in US so far this year
"A new report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected have occurred in the United States so far in 2020. Only two-thirds of these “excess deaths” are directly attributed to COVID-19, suggesting the real death toll of the pandemic is likely higher than the confirmed mortality numbers."
https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/cdc-300000-excess-deaths-usa-coronavirus-covid19/

This is WITH national lockdown measures, masks, sanitizing, social distancing and so on. You can imagine how it would have looked otherwise.

If you want to cherrypick a country, Peru had roughly 175.000 total deaths in 2019, they've had 34.879 Corona deaths so far in 2020. That's 20%.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.CDRT.IN?locations=PE
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/peru/

Last edited:
all of that is considered by the expert educated and qualified health professionals that we place in charge of recommending specific policies to enact. if you think they did not consider those issues and many others you have not considered you greatly overestimate your thinking and underestimate theirs.

the point is it cant be some uneducated person selfishly thinking of their own small perspectives and experiences and who don't even know about all of the related issues involved in order to consider them.

it just comes down to relying on educated and qualified teams of people to recommend and enact policy.

Oh I don't think they didn't, I know they didn't, Dr. Jay Bhattacharya an epidemiologist of Stanford University said as such. He said there are going to worse outcomes for those that didn't get the necessary cancer screenings, surgeries etc. We already know suicide rates are up, alcoholism is up, drug abuse is up.

To be fair, the rest of the world is currently laughing at your election debacle.

I don't see how that is fair as it pertains to Covid. Nobody is happy about Covid and only introverted people who can work from home are happy about lockdowns.

I don't see how that is fair as it pertains to Covid. Nobody is happy about Covid and only introverted people who can work from home are happy about lockdowns.
Life often isn't fair. And I certainly know extroverts who enjoyed the first lockdown.

Life often isn't fair. And I certainly know extroverts who enjoyed the first lockdown.

Huh?! In your response you said "to be fair" and my response is you're not being fair, you're talking about two different things.

The lockdowns came early and hard. Victoria was actually the worst performing state in Australia for infection control. Life is pretty much back to normal now in other states except for having to give your details at restaurants etc.

dude...... if those countries did way better by following medical experts advice then we should have too and still can if we can get some kind of legitimate leadership that values and respects science and compassion for other peoples lives.

why turn this into an attack on them instead of a learning opportunity for us?

What is this expert advise we should have done?. I dont know where you live but here weve had the governor have full shutdowns/mandatory masks for a long time. Cases are still sky high. Its not like people will do what they please despite what the president or experts say... As we all know people listen.

What is this expert advise we should have done?. I dont know where yoy live but here weve had the governer have full shutdowns/mandatory masks for a long time. Cases are still sky high. Its not like people will do what they please despite what the president or experts say... As we all know people listen.

are you fucking serious man? we are talking about this thread right? so you read about it? and what they did?

It'll also help once an instant test gets rolled out. If people can test themselves for it daily, then things should be able to proceed as normal pretty much.

How is this realistic financially to do daily tests and how much do you trust people to administer their own medical tests? As a healthcare professional I couldn’t be more skeptical of this as a thing that will be as effective as people hope it will be.

I'd love to see the real number of Covid deaths, you know, minus the people who actually died from heart disease, cancer, the flu, etc that they erroneously labeled as Covid. Lol at still taking this seriously.

Well, every rational person does. This is the difference between them and Trump supporters.

COVID to rational adults isn't like the deficit to Republicans. It won't suddenly not matter when a Democrat is in office. People are still dying, hospitals are still nearing capacity in some places, and the country is still a laughing stock for its singularly terrible response.
yeah, let's ignore the thousands of people celebrating in the USA, packed like sardines.

The number you'd want to look at to measure the real impact is excess mortality. In Europe right now, the excess mortality number is around 227.000 excess deaths and that number will rise significantly during the second wave we're in. Last year it was 70.000 by the years end. That's a 300% increase of excess deaths (not total deaths).
https://www.euromomo.eu/graphs-and-maps/#

In the US, excess deaths is at 300.000 so far, that will also increase significantly before the year is over. That would be roughly 11% increase in absolute deaths (not quite the 20% you're looking for, which is a ridiculous request, but it may get there soon enough).

CDC reports 300,000 excess deaths in US so far this year
"A new report from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says nearly 300,000 more deaths than expected have occurred in the United States so far in 2020. Only two-thirds of these “excess deaths” are directly attributed to COVID-19, suggesting the real death toll of the pandemic is likely higher than the confirmed mortality numbers."
https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/cdc-300000-excess-deaths-usa-coronavirus-covid19/

This is WITH national lockdown measures, masks, sanitizing, social distancing and so on. You can imagine how it would have looked otherwise.

If you want to cherrypick a country, Peru had roughly 175.000 total deaths in 2019, they've had 34.879 Corona deaths so far in 2020. That's 20%.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.CDRT.IN?locations=PE
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/peru/

Thanks for the numbers.

Those excess deaths are low and in no way warranted the economic destruction and trillions in added debt. Especially when all they needed to do is quarantine the retiree's, not 20 30 40 years olds.

What do these metrics you’re pulling out of your ass matter? They’re meaningless. They are arbitrary numbers that don’t mean shite. We’ll be at 300k dead soon. That’s a real number for you.

The only numbers that matter are overall deaths everything else is irrelevant.

And vast majority of those 300k died from other causes they just happen to have covid. But do keep being a covid coward, carefull the china boogie virus is coming for you lmao.

Back