International Melbourne, metropolis of 5 million people, has gone 9 days without a COVID infection

Americans are like children. The second you tell them to do something they freak out and say “you can’t make me do that”. Just ridiculous. I’m in the northeast and no one distances, no one wears a mask when out and about, people still get together, go out, etc.

Lol our population growth is extremely low, and its going to get lower. Where do you people come up with this stuff?

AUSTRALIA population growth is set to be at its lowest in more than a hundred years, with overseas migration falling to all time lows due to COVID-19 - and the impact will be most noticeable in regional areas.

The growth rate is expected to halve this financial year, from 1.2 per cent in 2019-20 to 0.6 per cent in 2020-21, the senate committee heard from the Treasury's Centre for Population.

The overall drop will be driven by a significant fall in net overseas migration, which is estimated to fall from 232,000 in 2018-19 to 154,000 in 2019-20, and again to just 31,000 in 2020-21.

"But with net overseas migration expected to fall, regions that rely on overseas migration for population growth will be hardest hit," Mr Smith said.

Outside of the capital cities, migrants contributed 26 per cent of the population growth in regional Australia.

Migrants contributed more than 50 per cent of the population growth in a number of regions including New England and the Riverina in NSW, Warrnambool and the north west of Victoria together with the wheat belt and the resource rich southern part of the outback in WA.

our politicians/banks are obsessed with debt, homeloans, immigration and big australia. after covid expect immigration to go gangbusters.

Americans are like children. The second you tell them to do something they freak out and say “you can’t make me do that”. Just ridiculous. I’m in the northeast and no one distances, no one wears a mask when out and about, people still get together, go out, etc.
There is this very obstinate streak in many Americans to oppose anything government mandated , which is taking the American idea of freedom and liberty down an absurd path.

Back