Social Melbourne cafe that boasted about charging male customers an 18 per cent 'man tax' is closing down

donkeypunch2012

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
'Get woke, go broke': Vegan cafe that boasted about charging male customers an 18% 'man tax' and seating women first is now closing down
  • Vegan cafe that charged male customers an 18 per cent 'man tax' is closing down
  • Handsome Her, located in Brunswick in Melbourne, made headlines in 2017
  • Unique cafe said it could charge men more one week each month due to pay gap
A vegan cafe that charged male customers an 18 per cent 'man tax' to highlight the gender wage gap is closing down.

Handsome Her, in Melbourne's trendy Brunswick, made headlines in 2017 when it announced it would tackle gender inequalities by charging men more and seating women first.

But the cafe, run by green activist Alex O'Brien, announced it would shut up shop on April 28, after just two years of trading.

It was not immediately clear why the cafe, billed as a safe space for women and lesbians, is closing, but it has faced widespread backlash for it's perceived reverse sexism.

'The way the world responded (to the man tax) showed us how fragile masculinity is and solidified the necessity for us to confront and dismantle patriarchy,' the post said.
<JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe>

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-customers-18-cent-man-tax-closing-down.html

Good riddance. Can't believe it took this long.

Is it fragile of me to assault a woman with condiment bottles if she seats 6 women before me when they arrived after me?

I'm not saying I've ever done that, but I am.

How much is 18 percent man tax of nothing?
source.gif

Is it fragile of me to assault a woman with condiment bottles if she seats 6 women before me when they arrived after me?

I'm not saying I've ever done that, but I am.
Sounds like you have a lot of male toxicity bottled up!

Well that's shocking. Deliberately fucking over half the population and going out of your way to advertise that fact, nevermind making it the keystone of your business model seemed so foolproof. What a topsy turvy world we live in.

I blame women and lesbians for not flocking to this exciting sounding safe space .

Well that's shocking. Deliberately fucking over half the population and going out of your way to advertise that fact, nevermind making it the keystone of your business model seemed so foolproof. What a topsy turvy world we live in.
I suspect they figured men would want to line up and pay extra to virtue signal.

I suspect they were wrong

I suspect they figured men would want to line up and pay extra to virtue signal.

Pay extra for being treated like a second class citizen? Where do I sign up? #Woke

Obviously not enough Melbournite men into slightly hirsute birds that smell of petunia oil to make it work .

'Get woke, go broke': Vegan cafe that boasted about charging male customers an 18% 'man tax' and seating women first is now closing down
  • Vegan cafe that charged male customers an 18 per cent 'man tax' is closing down
  • Handsome Her, located in Brunswick in Melbourne, made headlines in 2017
  • Unique cafe said it could charge men more one week each month due to pay gap
A vegan cafe that charged male customers an 18 per cent 'man tax' to highlight the gender wage gap is closing down.

Handsome Her, in Melbourne's trendy Brunswick, made headlines in 2017 when it announced it would tackle gender inequalities by charging men more and seating women first.

But the cafe, run by green activist Alex O'Brien, announced it would shut up shop on April 28, after just two years of trading.

It was not immediately clear why the cafe, billed as a safe space for women and lesbians, is closing, but it has faced widespread backlash for it's perceived reverse sexism.

'The way the world responded (to the man tax) showed us how fragile masculinity is and solidified the necessity for us to confront and dismantle patriarchy,' the post said.
<JagsKiddingMe><JagsKiddingMe>

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-customers-18-cent-man-tax-closing-down.html

Good riddance. Can't believe it took this long.

{<jordan}

Who in the fuck would even think about going to a cafe called “handsome her”.

And who the fuck thought that actually would last as a viable business.. LOL

Lmao can't be much of a safe space if they are no longer in business

It’s almost as if discriminating against people for unchangeable characteristics isn’t good for business. Lol

Lets fight inequality by treating people unequally! Logic!

Back