Crime Melbourne beachgoers at Chelsea foreshore attacked, robbed by group of youths

There is a problem here but very few want to address it or know how without being labelled 15 buzzwords.

One of our biggest festivals erupted into a mass brawl in 2017. Car jackings, home invasions, mob store style thefts to name a few crimes which seemed to have increased.

Also incidents of punishments not fitting the crime which have escalated social tensions.

Australia is multicultural but the truth is not all cultures/people suit Australia.

There is a problem here but very few want to address it or know how without being labelled 15 buzzwords.

One of our biggest festivals erupted into a mass brawl in 2017. Car jackings, home invasions, mob store style thefts to name a few crimes which seemed to have increased.

Also incidents of punishments not fitting the crime which have escalated social tensions.

Australia is multicultural but the truth is not all cultures/people suit Australia.
Oh yeah the only brawls at music festivals are because of those damn coloreds right?
piss off

Are these the brain drain immigrants allowed in to get PhDs and the sort by chance?

If so that's actually a moral outrage that the West are taking these gifted people from the countries that need their talent the most.
The West isn't really 'taking' them, they like most of their compatriots want to flee those developing countries to the West because quality of life in the West is way way way better. So these immigrants are the ones who choose to flee their countries instead of returning home after receiving a Western education or staying there to help the motherland.

the problem with Australia is the bogans not the immigrants in my experience.

The West isn't really 'taking' them, they like most of their compatriots want to flee those developing countries to the West because quality of life in the West is way way way better. So these immigrants are the ones who choose to flee their countries instead of returning home after receiving a Western education or staying there to help the motherland.

Exactly. They must be fleeing the geography. Everyone knows the SoL has nothing to do with the people.

i know, and the media focuses on possible hurt feels of Sudanese rather than the victims. Other Africans Africans don't act like this.Sudanese thugs are easy to spot by their clothes, physique and demeanor.

bullets uniform, 7'6"--thin, and quiet in a gentle way?

lol at the fake outrage here. Melbourne 20+ years ago was a crime ridden shit hole and these Sudanese youth are angels compared to the Italians, Balkans, Vietnamese and Lebanese migrants who were the main culprit behind Melbourne gang violence.

The Italians were the first to cause problems and these people was referred as the ‘black Italians’ or 'black Mediterranean' to describe foreigners from South Europe living in Melbourne until the 1960s. The media and the police vilified them for decades. After the days of Carl Williams who ignited violence and shooting across the city just 10 years ago shows that the mafia are still out there causing problems more discreetly.

Then, the Balkan migrants came in the 1970s, the Serbs and Croats were causing all sort of problems and popularizing the gang culture that made the baby boomers hate them. Another similar rhetoric about the Vietnamese in the 80's/early 90's who were supposedly all in gangs dealing heroin, was armed (before guns was banned), using extortion, shooting and raiding homes. Same thing happened to the Lebanese communities in the late 90s/early 2000s where it forced the police to form their own Asian and Middle Eastern task force.

Those days were a nightmare for the people living in the Northern parts of Melbourne but thankfully you don't see that stuff anymore. I'm noticing the same pattern today; Influx of Sudanese coming to Australia during 2005 - 2010s, not assimilated yet because they're new migrants, youth causing problems and media vilifying the community. In 10 years time, that problem will be gone just like the others.

They should be thankful that they're untouched and isn't getting the same treatment as these migrants had back then.

yep. there used to be sword fights, shootings, kidnappings and murders all over melbourne and sydney in the 80s, 90s. it was the height of gangsterism in australia. Sudanese have nothing on the balkan and vietnamese gangsters of the past. these mofos were ruthless. it was said in the news at the time that their was more heroin going through cabramatta at the time than the whole of los angeles. its hard to believe now but those that witnessed at can attest that it was like hell on earth. junkies everywhere

i think one of the reasons that the sudanese have gotten so much flack is that the glory days of gangsterism died out in the early 2000s . and after that there was no major street gangs around so people got used to the quiet and calm.

so when the sudanese started doing all these crimes it came as a shock. the type of crimes the sudanese committed was different aswell. in the past gangsters would fight other gangsters and the public would be strictly out of bounds. the vietnamese never did house robberies on aussies nor jumped randoms for their phones. and kept it strictly viet on viet. same with the balkans, greeks and italians. the gangs of the past also didn't leave their geographic location to commit crimes and did not go all around like the africans do now. never target the general public was the rule of old gangsters

although sudanese crimes are less serious than gangsters of the past the general public feels vulnerable because the specific crimes are targeted towards them. it the sudanese just delt drugs and fought among themselves the media and the general public wouldn't be so hysterical.

Oh yeah the only brawls at music festivals are because of those damn coloreds right?
piss off

thats a lebanese and wog fight and they are considered coloreds in australia. anglo saxons do not see lebanese as white

yep. there used to be sword fights, shootings, kidnappings and murders all over melbourne and sydney in the 80s, 90s. it was the height of gangsterism in australia. Sudanese have nothing on the balkan and vietnamese gangsters of the past. these mofos were ruthless. it was said in the news at the time that their was more heroin going through cabramatta at the time than the whole of los angeles. its hard to believe now but those that witnessed at can attest that it was like hell on earth. junkies everywhere

i think one of the reasons that the sudanese have gotten so much flack is that the glory days of gangsterism died out in the early 2000s . and after that there was no major street gangs around so people got used to the quiet and calm.

so when the sudanese started doing all these crimes it came as a shock. the type of crimes the sudanese committed was different aswell. in the past gangsters would fight other gangsters and the public would be strictly out of bounds. the vietnamese never did house robberies on aussies nor jumped randoms for their phones. and kept it strictly viet on viet. same with the balkans, greeks and italians. the gangs of the past also didn't leave their geographic location to commit crimes and did not go all around like the africans do now. never target the general public was the rule of old gangsters

although sudanese crimes are less serious than gangsters of the past the general public feels vulnerable because the specific crimes are targeted towards them. it the sudanese just delt drugs and fought among themselves the media and the general public wouldn't be so hysterical.
Agreed that I've noticed about the South Sudanese gangs is that they usually ram through predominately Aussie neighborhoods and upper class suburbs (like Chelsea in the article) unlike the others.

The crime you’re talking about was organized, not the type of thuggery typical of African gangs. It’s not like Carl Williams went around bashing families in restaurants or the beach. Both are problems though.
It depends where you live but the people from North Melbourne and Western Sydney had it worse because it was extremely common for everyone to spot Lebanese and South Europeans (aka the Wogs), Vietnamese, Kiwis and methhead Bogan gangs. Gang presence and crimes were rampant, drugs and weapons were so much easily accessible and they would stroll around in packs during the night and intimidate people for no reason. Now they've vanished out of nowhere in the mid 2000s, I've definitely feel safer today than before.

National Origin of Alleged criminal offenders in Victoria
1 Australia
2.New Zealand
3. India
4. Vietnam
5. Sudan
Sudanese make up a total 1% of criminals in Victoria.

OK....

For full disclosure, what is the % of the Sudanese population in Victoria?

Edit-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudanese_Australians

If you believe the link/wiki, Victoria has 6,085 Sudanese yet may reach a (total) population of 6.38 million in 2019
http://www.population.net.au/population-of-victoria/

One percent of the projected crime (total) when the 2019 victorian population of 6,380,000 is 63,800.

Yet the total Sudanese population numbers 6085 in a total population of 6.38 million.

While its potentially proportionally to the population most Australians are thinking, if I was an actual refugee I would be on my best behaviour as we are safe for the first time in our lives and as such our rates of crime would be less(proportionally)

Last edited:
The African immigrants that aren't refugees are statistically vastly underrepresented in crime. As are migrants from the larger migrant groups such as Indians and Chinese.
Sudanese in particular have an offender rate of about 6 times the general population, followed by Somalia and Samoa which are about 2-3.
Even so, in all of Victoria that amounts to 879 cases of Sudanese prosecuted for crimes last year out of a total of around 80,000 prosecutions.

Come on mate, let's keep it real. Like most threads like this we're speaking about the over representation of the minority refugees.

lol at the fake outrage here. Melbourne 20+ years ago was a crime ridden shit hole and these Sudanese youth are angels compared to the Italians, Balkans, Vietnamese and Lebanese migrants who were the main culprit behind Melbourne gang violence.

The Italians were the first to cause problems and these people was referred as the ‘black Italians’ or 'black Mediterranean' to describe foreigners from South Europe living in Melbourne until the 1960s. The media and the police vilified them for decades. After the days of Carl Williams who ignited violence and shooting across the city just 10 years ago shows that the mafia are still out there causing problems more discreetly.

Then, the Balkan migrants came in the 1970s, the Serbs and Croats were causing all sort of problems and popularizing the gang culture that made the baby boomers hate them. Another similar rhetoric about the Vietnamese in the 80's/early 90's who were supposedly all in gangs dealing heroin, was armed (before guns was banned), using extortion, shooting and raiding homes. Same thing happened to the Lebanese communities in the late 90s/early 2000s where it forced the police to form their own Asian and Middle Eastern task force.

Those days were a nightmare for the people living in the Northern parts of Melbourne but thankfully you don't see that stuff anymore. I'm noticing the same pattern today; Influx of Sudanese coming to Australia during 2005 - 2010s, not assimilated yet because they're new migrants, youth causing problems and media vilifying the community. In 10 years time, that problem will be gone just like the others.

They should be thankful that they're untouched and isn't getting the same treatment as these migrants had back then.

So, the politicians are to blame.

They should have learned their lesson years ago.

Stop letting garbage into the country.

Sooo....one guy got medical attention after being hit with a bottle? And some others hit with a plastic bat. That's the extent of all these Sudanese kids' shenanigans?

I'm not sure of the angle here, but I'm sorry if I am not entirely persuaded to leave millions of people starving, diseased, or sitting in front of an oncoming tank on the basis of these atrocities.
Just get the Islanders and Marois on them them the Africans

OK....

For full disclosure, what is the % of the Sudanese population in Victoria?

Edit-
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudanese_Australians

If you believe the link/wiki, Victoria has 6,085 Sudanese yet may reach a (total) population of 6.38 million in 2019

One percent of the projected crime (total) when the 2019 victorian population of 6,380,000 is 63,800.

Yet the total Sudanese population numbers 6085 in a total population of 6.38 million.

While its potentially proportionally to the population most Australians are thinking, if I was an actual refugee I would be on my best behaviour as we are safe for the first time in our lives and as such our rates of crime would be less(proportionally)
As I stated above, it’s 10x out of proportion to the population. Your math is off by a factor of 10 if you’re calling it “potentially proportional.”

The average IQ in Sudan is 71. That should tell you all you need to know really.

Back