Meisha Tate sides with Cowboy: "We've seen this before from that gym"

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
“This is reminiscent,” Tate said. “I feel like we’ve heard this story about this camp before when it was Rashad Evans and him feeling like he was pushed out of the spot with Jon Jones coming in.

“What I think is not cool, if it had been someone that had been training there like Carlos Condit or someone like that who had been training there a long time and they were gonna fight each other and both had that mutual respect, and mutual foundation at that gym, that’s different. But when the new guy is coming in and he’s like, ‘I wanna fight Cowboy’ and he comes to Cowboy’s gym, I think that the right thing to do by the gym - I think there’s some loyalty that should be towards Cowboy. He’s been there a really, really long time.”

Tate thinks the entire situation could have been handled with more grace, suggesting that JacksonWink should have just told Perry he couldn’t train with them for this fight.

“‘This is probably not the camp for you to come in, Mike, because you’re fighting our boy. Cowboy has been with us forever. We’d love for you to come in for the next camp but Cowboy’s our dude,’” Tate said. “That’s how I think. Even though I know Cowboy doesn’t drive there every single day, he doesn’t train at the gym - there are some other reasons I think behind that, I think - that’s just me. That’s how I hope my gym would operate if I was under those circumstances.”

cedcf22e0c0590a6339cf02660671f31.jpg

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/8/...nwink-treatment-of-cowboy-cerrone-is-not-cool

Cowboy doesn't even train there. He was a shit teammate, only out for himself.

Sounds like he wanted them to be there for him but was unwilling to return the favor when the same was expected of him.

His situation is not the same as Rashad/Jon or Diego/GSP.

Get in the gym Miesha and come back at 145.

Cowboy doesn't even train there. He was a shit teammate, only out for himself.

Sounds like he wanted them to be there for him but was unwilling to return the favor when the same was expected of him.

His situation is not the same as Rashad/Jon or Diego/GSP.
you don't even know if he was a shit teammate or not. and he kinda left because they were running the gym to the ground

Cowboy went to his ranch ever since his move to WW, not surprising that they would choose a new, full-time Jackson-Wink guy over him.

She knows about as much as the story as the average Sherdogger. There's 2 sides to this, which is why I'm a bit annoyed Rogan canceled WinkleJohns visit in favor of Cowboy. I hope he eventually get's him on to get a balanced view of events.

Can someone enlighten me on what Miesha does? She’s always being asked for her opinion in MMA hour (pulled clips from somewhere). She doesn’t fight. Is she a commentator or what? How is she still relevant?

I agree with Meisha, could’ve been Roy Nelson, or fucking whoever...

Point is girl, makes fucking sense to me.

I still cant believe Miesha got pregnant to that tuf reject

I respect you for including a photo of Meisha and another woman in sexy two-pieces. You know what's important when starting a thread about Meisha.

I just don't know why they chose a bum like Mike Perry over Cowboy.

At least with Jones & GSP you could tell they'd have a long future.

Perry is a gatekeeper.
And Jacksons MMA has slipped so far from their peak they couldn't improve Perry to get into title contention.

How is she still relevant?

You fucking stupid?

Hows an ex professional MMA fighter, former champion, commentator, still relevant in a discussion about MMA?

Says the pee belt.

Meisha's can comment on this because she has the upmost integrity and loyalty - I mean, it's not like she's the type of person to dump a long term partner then shack up and have a kid with the next guy she sleeps with, is it?

Oh..

Can someone enlighten me on what Miesha does? She’s always being asked for her opinion in MMA hour (pulled clips from somewhere). She doesn’t fight. Is she a commentator or what? How is she still relevant?

She's got a podcast I believe. Idk, MMA Hour probably asks a ton of fighters for opinions. Some probably don't pick up the phone and some give generic canned cliche answers.

Miesha seems to say things that are slightly interesting. She did win a title. Brendan Schaub gets a ton of press so the bar isn't set very high.

Meisha's can comment on this because she has the upmost integrity and loyalty - I mean, it's not like she's the type of person to dump a long term partner then shack up and have a kid with the next guy she sleeps with, is it?

Oh..
not trying to white knight Meisha but I am very curious about your comment?

Are you saying that it is wrong for a woman (or man) to end a long term relationship? Or wrong to do so and then partner up with the next person you date and end up having a kid with that person?

I am not seeing what the issue is in that

{<huh}

I just don't know why they chose a bum like Mike Perry over Cowboy.

At least with Jones & GSP you could tell they'd have a long future.

Perry is a gatekeeper.
And Jacksons MMA has slipped so far from their peak they couldn't improve Perry to get into title contention.

Perry isn't even an established gatekeeper yet.

She knows about as much as the story as the average Sherdogger. There's 2 sides to this, which is why I'm a bit annoyed Rogan canceled WinkleJohns visit in favor of Cowboy. I hope he eventually get's him on to get a balanced view of events.

From reading sherdog for years, you should know that fair and balanced is definitely NOT something most mma fans adhere to.

Oh..
Lmao triggered

Women can do whatever they want... breaking up with someone says NOTHING about loyalty.

Back