Meisha Tate: Ronda would beat Floyd Mayweather

In most cases it starts with someone in the media asking them a question about Floyd. You don't read that part.

You're also ignoring the part how they could just politely decline to allow themselves to get sucked into a flame war and be manipulated by journalists. The real truth is they're all namedropping Floyd because of his fame and they ant a free publicity ride. Just call hem on their BS. Even if you like them , it's ok to do that.

Ronda has 12 fights and 12 finishes.

From what I read, Floyd is a relatively soft puncher with fragile hands. He has only 2 finishes in his past 12 fights. I don't think his points-fighting style works to his advantage against Ronda. A boxer is going to need to knock Ronda out, not just score some points and avoid getting hit. I think a harder hitting boxer would have a better chance against Ronda.

Ronda has 12 fights and 12 finishes.

From what I read, Floyd is a relatively soft puncher with fragile hands. He has only 2 finishes in his past 12 fights. I don't think his points-fighting style works to his advantage against Ronda. A boxer is going to need to knock Ronda out, not just score some points and avoid getting hit. I think a harder hitting boxer would have a better chance against Ronda.

MMA = 4 ounce gloves. He'd KTFO Rousey with zero difficulty.

MMA = 4 ounce gloves. He'd KTFO Rousey with zero difficulty.

His fragile hands would be at even more risk with 4 ounce gloves. This may lead him to throw even softer than he usually does.

"I agree with her," said Tate. "Floyd is a great great boxer, but boxers meet in the center and agree to box, when you take that away and someone rushes in and the ref doesn't break up the clinch for you and you don't know how to wrestle or stop a throw, I'm sorry he's going down and from there she would armbar the hell out of him."

Sure... :icon_chee

UFC168-RondaRousey-XMeishaTate-SloMo-Rd1a-400-sg.gif

Get off Ronda's dick, Floyd is a boxing superstar with competition, Ronda is a fad beating shitty fighters. Not her fault her division lacks any kind of talent except a washed up silver medalist wrestler and one BJJ black belt though.

Not to mention Floyd isnt even the best boxer today.

He's an old man who just beat an injured old man (who got knocked out by another old man).

Floyd would get KTFO by Thurman or any other young boxer today.

Yes this is such a great idea. What could be a better life lesson for all serial women beaters all over the world? How about having an infamous abuser, who by the way arguably has the quickest hands in the world, get paid multi millions to punch yet another woman out.
Women cant take a punch from any man. I dont care how many neutered ground game fanboys want to spin it.

I used to think it was just a joke when people were saying she could beat Floyd. But now I see they are actually believing this foolishness... He would crack her once and it would be done. Game over.

I used to think it was just a joke when people were saying she could beat Floyd. But now I see they are actually believing this foolishness... He would crack her once and it would be done. Game over.

Clearly you haven't seen Floyd fight. Floyds last KO was in 1999... 16 years ago!!! That dude couldn't knock out my grandma. Ronda sends Floyd for a ride then submits him.

Could Rousey beat the winner of Batman vs. Superman? Is this the next Twitter beef?

It's tough to compare ....not only do they compete in different sports , but Mayweather beats legends and Ronda beats waitresses

lol at waitresses, give it up already

mayweather only picks the fights he knows he can win

ronda beats all comers, many of whom have been training longer than her

Ronda has always said boxing isnt the way she wins fights, this thread has wasteland written all over it

There is a reason mayweather gets 300 million dollars to fight and Rousey gets maybe a couple million. Mayweather has to fight guys that have been training boxing since diapers. Guys who are masters of their craft. Ronda fights girls that have been training for a couple years after college and have less than 10 fights. Many of these girls barely took a couple self defense classes, have second careers as secretaries or are divorced single moms.

Back