Mei yamaguchi got robbed lol

JkMMA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Fuck the judges. Hopefully she atleast get her win and show money.
Fight video

Last edited:
Yamaguchi spent the majority of the fight eating shots on the outside. She had success in round two securing mount/backmount, but not enough to win the fight.

Yamaguchi spent the majority of the fight eating shots on the outside. She had success in round two securing mount/backmount, but not enough to win the fight.
? Didn't u see the 3rd round? She landed the cleaner bigger shots and got the takedown and did gnp.

She clearly was getting outmatched for a majority of the fight. A takedown does not win the fight. Not a robbery at all!

She clearly was getting outmatched for a majority of the fight. A takedown does not win the fight. Not a robbery at all!
Na, even the commentators thought yamaguchi won.

Either way you score it, Nunes appears to be a top shelf prospect; but is probably going to get torn apart by Angela Lee. She definitely let Yamaguchi pass her guard way to easily, and that seems like a death sentence if you're fighting Lee. I was worried Nunes wouldn't make weight with ONE's rules, as she's looked big against other notable 115'ers.

Hope they continue to use Vmei. She is one of the best atomweights for sure.

Either way you score it, Nunes appears to be a top shelf prospect; but is probably going to get torn apart by Angela Lee. She definitely let Yamaguchi pass her guard way to easily, and that seems like a death sentence if you're fighting Lee. I was worried Nunes wouldn't make weight with ONE's rules, as she's looked big against other notable 115'ers.

Hope they continue to use Vmei. She is one of the best atomweights for sure.
Nunes is good , but yamaguchi won that fight!

She landed two good punches in third round, and had side control for 30 seconds. Nunes landed punches, knees, elbows after sprawling on her, kicks, etc. Nunes won open scoring, or round for round. The video is right there on your post.

She landed two good punches in third round, and had side control for 30 seconds. Nunes landed punches, knees, elbows after sprawling on her, kicks, etc. Nunes won open scoring, or round for round. The video is right there on your post.
Nunes barely landed anything in the 3rd lol. And landed 2 punches in the 3rd? Go watch the fight again :)

Nines will probably be Lee's first title defense. If Mei passed her guard often, so will Lee,who is bigger and stronger.

I think Lee's kryptonite will be a striker with solid takedown defense. Any chance of her facing someone like that? Not on purpose, at least.

I expected a worse decision than giving the nod to the fighter that won on the feet in what could have been a draw. There are much worse decisions every UFC card.

Matt Hume and Rich Franklin do a great job of educating the ONEC judges that I rarely disagree with a decision, it helps that they use Humian systems with clear criteria though.

Nines will probably be Lee's first title defense. If Mei passed her guard often, so will Lee,who is bigger and stronger.

I think Lee's kryptonite will be a striker with solid takedown defense. Any chance of her facing someone like that? Not on purpose, at least.
Yea I'm pretty sure nunes is most likely next for lee. Would love to see mei yamaguchi fight more this year before 2017.

Back