Megan Anderson tweets: "Strip her then... I'll fight Cris for the vacant 145 title..."

Do you agree with Megan?

• Total voters
Nunes can’t be ‘stripped’ because she has relinquished the belt herself. Unless Megan is unaware of this, her tweet makes no sense.

Scrap the division since it's hardly even a division outside of a couple fighters. Let Amanda go down in history as the one who put it to rest.

Fair enough, if cat's eye requires time then at least fight another contender. She does not have a good showing under her belt yet. Cyborg vs another Can won't sell that well now that she took an L

I agree with what somebody is another thread said about this type of situation : why not just have a "Superfight" belt or trophy when the challenger comes from a different weight class and has no intention of actually defending the belt? It makes more sense than this silliness where we have a belt being held by a champ who will never defend it.

This isn't a dig on Nunes as I totally understand her wanting to fight the best female fighter in the UFC. But it's clear that she wants to go back to 135 and it makes sense because who the hell is left at 145? It just doesn't make sense that she now holds the belt for a division in which she will likely never fight again.
When you beat a legend, you haven't really beaten them until you win the rematch.

This reads like someone who said something stupid and got called out on it, so then they say something else stupid to convince everyone they were "joking" the first time.
The order in which I posted those tweets is not necessarily the order in which they were tweeted, it's just the order in which I became aware of them.

Only title shot she’ll ever get.

I voted no. They should just abolish the division.

If Megan wants to fight Cyborg I am fine with that but Cyborg does not deserve anything.

What is getting old is every champ has been put under pressure by some fans to fight Cyborg even though there is no reason a 135 pound competitor should have to. I am no Amanda fan but Amanda did what this fans wanted even though she was not obligated to do so. Those of you claiming she should fight a rematch are being a bit unrealistic. This happened due to fan pressure, not because she wants to be at 145. She did what people wanted, it is done, it is over, she can go back to her weight class now.

Yeah I’m a.cyborg fan but this true. I’m sure being the first women’s champ champ played a large roll in it as well but she accomplished what she wanted. There’s zero obligation to stay for a rematch off a one sided beating of cyborg.

Waiting for pages of hate threads on how Nunes is "ducking" "won't defend" "held up the division" etc.

Come on.

I know you have it in you Sherdog.

lol@ this revisionist history.

Aldo was handed an opportunity for a rematch when RDA dropped out with an injury. A month prior, Andre Pederneiras gave an interview saying that Aldo was in training in case there was a late-notice opportunity to rematch McGregor.

They offered the fight to Aldo... and he turned it down. So no, it wasn't McGregor avoiding that fight.
Using hindsight, the 2 worse decisions Aldo made were pulling out of the 1st scheduled McGregor fight and not jumping on the rematch when RDA pulled.

I understand completely why Aldo did both. He legit injured his foot in the first scenario and had only 2 day medical clearance so he would have pulled a Chad Mendes and scrambled to make weight and sacrifice everything else come hell or high water. But had he lost he would have had a stronger argument for a rematch and the storyline wasn't running on fumes yet.

But i truly believe that Aldo didn't get his rematch because the Aldo/McGregor angle had been beaten to death for over a year. Granting him a rematch would have been another 4 months of tired material.

HE WAS MEDICALLY CLEARED to fight when the rematch was made possible. This is coming from a person who still believes Aldo is the GOAT FW and best prototype for a fighter. The guy still has a compelling argument for GOAT MMA. He could have accepted, stepped up and rolled the dice. He didn't and it cost him his chance at revenge/redemption.

Holly has to win her next fight vs some chick I don't know named Aspen Ladd
The undefeated Aspen Ladd won a Performance Of The Night Award at UFC 229 for her first round TKO of Tonya Evinger. It had taken Cyborg 3 rounds to finish Evinger when they fought.
aspen-ladd-tonya-evinger-ufc-229-2.jpg

Look at this bullshit. Wmma is a joke. UFC is trash now.

get it Megan! Make the fight dana. Actually make Megan vs Kayla or someone else then cyborg...

Back