Megan Anderson tweets: "Strip her then... I'll fight Cris for the vacant 145 title..."

Do you agree with Megan?

• Total voters
lol@ this revisionist history.

Aldo was handed an opportunity for a rematch when RDA dropped out with an injury. A month prior, Andre Pederneiras gave an interview saying that Aldo was in training in case there was a late-notice opportunity to rematch McGregor.

They offered the fight to Aldo... and he turned it down. So no, it wasn't McGregor avoiding that fight.

As I recall it was not for the belt though, and at a higher weight class? I can understand why he would say no. Say he beats Conor, they would then have to fight a thrid time in order to get the belt. there would be no upside really other than saying he beat Conor. What if he lost the belt fight? Fight a fourth time for it? It just wasn't acceptable and I understand why.

I always assumed if Nunes defeated Cyborg her next fight either way would be at 135 to defend her belt otherwise due to the time frame if her next fight right after getting the 145 belt was a rematch vs Cyborg she wouldn't have enough time to defend her 135 belt without getting stripped of it.

Now the issue is who does she defend her 135 belt against? would it be a rematch vs Germaine or will it be Holly if she wins her next fight?

Megan acting like she deserves anything <Lmaoo>

Have fun in Bellator with Cyborg!

Hey man, pull off that banging toe kick she TKO'd Zingano with and I'll take your opinion seriously

lmaooo now every1 will be trying to scrape toes to eye watch

imagine jon jones sticking his toe in chael sonnen eye or in his mouth

lmaooo now every1 will be trying to scrape toes to eye watch

imagine jon jones sticking his toe in chael sonnen eye or in his mouth
Jon Jones will be the GOAT of that by the end of 2019 ;)
LOL
I wrote that before I saw the second part of your post about JJ. Lmao We on the same page homie!

I’m actually getting kinda irritated with the whole double champ thing...

It’s one thing if you have history in another division or if you go to a different division and get at least a 1-3 wins and then fight for a title...

But going to a different weight and winning one fight, especially in very shallow divisions... I don’t know, just isn’t that meaningful to me...

Sure.. DC was ok, bc he was a career HW.

GSP, legit contender for all time GOAT..

Other then that... Am I missing any??

Maybe I’m off base... just think it can have negative effects on some divisions...

What was the point to have anime’s fight one time at 145??? To get Cyborg an extremely legitimate threat? Ok.. I guess if you plan to dissolve the division, it’s a good idea... so.. maybe I’m not looking at it from the view UFC is...

No this girl is terrible. I don't like Nunez though, so strip her I say.
Strip her of a belt because you dont like her?

How many other fighters have KOd Cyborg in the first round again?

If Megan wants to fight Cyborg I am fine with that but Cyborg does not deserve anything.

What is getting old is every champ has been put under pressure by some fans to fight Cyborg even though there is no reason a 135 pound competitor should have to. I am no Amanda fan but Amanda did what this fans wanted even though she was not obligated to do so. Those of you claiming she should fight a rematch are being a bit unrealistic. This happened due to fan pressure, not because she wants to be at 145. She did what people wanted, it is done, it is over, she can go back to her weight class now.

I couldn’t agree more.

Suggested plan of action:

i) Megan vs Cybro (for no belt)
ii) Don't renew Cybro's contract (this would be the last fight on it)
iii) Axe the division.

Also this fight would be the one and only time I'd be cheering for Cybro (which is nice because she would KO Meeg in less than half a round).

Aside from that last part, I’m in agreement.

She just doesn't want the Cyborg rematch and I can't blame her really. But if she didn't have to fight Cyborg again, it would be worth it to stay at 145lb for a bit, because all that's waiting for her at 135 is a fight with Holly Holm, which is an incredibly tough match where you're gauranteed not to look good.

The immediate contender should be Ketlej Viera. After that, the winner of Holm vs Ladd. That’s two fights this year. By the end of the year, they should have someone lined up for next year. Bantamweight is not short on contenders or possible future contenders.

The immediate contender should be Ketlej Viera. After that, the winner of Holm vs Ladd. That’s two fights this year. By the end of the year, they should have someone lined up for next year. Bantamweight is not short on contenders or possible future contenders.

Yep. Everyone who says "Holly is the only fight" really knows nothing about what is going on at 135.

Its amazing there's been three female 145 pound champions, and only one of them wanted to defend their belt.

{<BJPeen}

Megan owes Cat a rematch first. She's gotta win at least 1 fight before getting a title shot. No one is looking at the Cat fight like a victory

Back