Megadeth > Metallica and it isn't even close

Megadeth has some really good music, but I dislike their vocals which is very important for me, and they have a couple of shitty overplayed songs. I like metallica more but I think it's a matter of taste, depends on what do you value more in a band.
However I totally agree that metallica's music degraded over the years, earlier albums are better.

Last edited:
Megadeth has some really good music, but I dislike their vocals which is very important for me, and they have a couple of shitty overplayed songs. i like metallica mor ebut I think it's a matter of taste, depends on what do you value more in a band.
However I totally agree that metallica's music degraded over the years, earlier albums are better.
As someone who's turned off by most vocalists - drummers and singers can ruin a band for me- and I would never call Dave's vocals good- they can't be replaced IMO. May be because I'm used to it, but his voice is right for the music.

As someone who's turned off by most vocalists - drummers and singers can ruin a band for me- and I would never call Dave's vocals good- they can't be replaced IMO. May be because I'm used to it, but his voice is right for the music.

Totally agree. As much crap as Dave gets for his "substandard vocals" point out a time where Dave has been pitchy and needs auto-tune (full disclosure; I'm not familiar with their post Youthanasia catalog). There's a talent there but he ain't no Sinatra, Elvis, or Michael Jackson. The only time Dave's vocals have made me cringe is the breakdown section of Wake Up Dead.

brosBROS

sometimes words, like a circular soiree of turds making their down the toilet.. I can't help but defecate them upon humanity in hopes to perhaps brighten the shit day they've been having.

a question.. how much of this is true? <{ohyeah}>

enjoy.

I was on a plane, angry again, stuck next this corpulent fellow so immense in his girth. his proportions too generous, pushed me to the breakpoint where, erect, I stood tall realizing I didn't want to die. so I jumped out the hatch, peacefully to myself thinking "oh, to veil, my splendid fall". then I felt that dreaded rumble we know all too well about collectively. yep - the nuclear winter diarrhea, that spreads disease. hurling through the air, exhilarating high, I farted winds in what smelled like that rotten egg air of death from bowels of hell that rustled my nostrils. so with time taking time, it was taking mine. no time to lose, no time to choose so I dropped all my weight, went down full throttle. the fire in my veins I tell ya. falling into a trance, I hit the ground running, but it was too late.

legs gave out, that shaky legged dance
the fire spitting from my pipe
the high speed squirt in my pants

I know i listened to Peace Sells more than any Metallica album. I still have the cassette in garage...Last Metallica album I jammed was And Justice...

Was always more of a Metallica fan over Megadeth. Until I heard Fatal Illusion. That track is a face melter.

Metallica doesn't go this hard on any of their newer albums.

Metallica wins

Closest Megadeth got to beating them was Rust in Peace which was phenomenal,but it aint shit compared to Ride the Lightning.

nothing to do with who's better, or who you like more, but jfc, the Metallica I grew up with would've went the same way as Cobain if they knew this was in their future.

Holy Wars might be my favorite Thrash Metal song but overall Metallica has put out more classics than Megadeth and it's not even close really.

Are you me?
Both are great but Megadeth is clearly, clearly better.
Dave is a better guitar player than either Kirk or James. Much.
And player for player, every member of Dave's various bands are simply better musicians than the guys in Metallica.

Was just listening to a live version of 1,320 before he had the lyrics written, blistering

Funny how being better musicians doesn’t equate to better music.

nothing to do with who's better, or who you like more, but jfc, the Metallica I grew up with would've went the same way as Cobain if they knew this was in their future.

Yeah, because bands really care about who wears their merchandise. And Cobain killed himself because of like pop culture or whatever.

Lol, god you’re dumb.

Yeah, because bands really care about who wears their merchandise. And Cobain killed himself because of like pop culture or whatever.

Lol, god you’re dumb.
pvc83Wy.gif

Are you like 16 or something? Bands don’t care who wears their shit. They bought it, the band collects the money. That’s the point of merchandise.

Once you’re a little older you’ll understand why your line of thinking is immature and contains levels of gatekeeping only administered by those too ignorant to understand nuance.

Are you like 16 or something? Bands don’t care who wears their shit. They bought it, the band collects the money. That’s the point of merchandise.

Once you’re a little older you’ll understand why your line of thinking is immature and contains levels of gatekeeping only administered by those too ignorant to understand nuance.
so you don't think, the Metallica of ''Kill 'em All'' would've had something to say about a social media personality, who knew nothing about them or heard one song of theirs, wearin' one of their T's ? <YeahOKJen>

so you don't think, the Metallica of ''Kill 'em All'' would've had something to say about a social media personality, who knew nothing about them or heard one song of theirs, wearin' one of their T's ? <YeahOKJen>

Would they have something to say? Maybe.

Would they actually care? Fuck no. And especially now that they’re older and mature, they wouldn’t give two shits. Could you actually think of a reason why they would? Even during Kill em All, they were selling out concerts in major venues. Why would they care if someone who didn’t know who they were bought their shirt?

Lol, grow up kid.

Would they have something to say? Maybe.

Would they actually care? Fuck no. And especially now that they’re older and mature, they wouldn’t give two shits. Could you actually think of a reason why they would? Even during Kill em All, they were selling out concerts in major venues. Why would they care if someone who didn’t know who they were bought their shirt?

Lol, grow up kid.
i'm not interested in the views {or music for that matter} of today's Metallica, but c'mon, a pretty girl, who's from a dumb reality show, wearing a pink T with the band's logo ? they pissed on hair bands in the 80's for that very thing, when their audience was , 90% male in denim & leather.

i'm not interested in the views {or music for that matter} of today's Metallica, but c'mon, a pretty girl, who's from a dumb reality show, wearing a pink T with the band's logo ? they pissed on hair bands in the 80's for that very thing, when their audience was , 90% male in denim & leather.

They pissed on hair bands because they were the antithesis of what they represented in metal. I doubt they’d waste any energy giving a shit about some dumb bitch wearing a bands shirt she knew nothing about. No amount of disdain you have for that act will change that.

I think you’re more upset about it than they ever would be, lol.

You’re like 20, aren’t you?

They pissed on hair bands because they were the antithesis of what they represented in metal. I doubt they’d waste any energy giving a shit about some dumb bitch wearing a bands shirt she knew nothing about. No amount of disdain you have for that act will change that.

I think you’re more upset about it than they ever would be, lol.

You’re like 20, aren’t you?
they wouldn't give a shit now, but mid 80's they had a different attitude, nevertheless your white knighting had blinded you, I don't have disdain for them, they've always been a good but overrated band in the metal community.

they wouldn't give a shit now, but mid 80's they had a different attitude, nevertheless your white knighting had blinded you, I don't have disdain for them, they've always been a good but overrated band in the metal community.

I said disdain for the girl wearing the t shirt. Work on your reading comprehension.

And I’m not white knighting anything, you’re asserting they would feel a certain way, and I disagree. If anyone is white knighting, it’s you.

Back