News MEGA2021 Tokyo Dome Feb 28 Floyd Mayweather vs TBA

TeamFedor

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score

- A press conference was held today in Yokohama. Floyd participated online.
- The organizers hope that it would be one of the biggest events in Japan and around the world. In addition to Mayweather's bout, they plan to offer a spot to champions from various martial arts promotions.
- Broadcasting plans and fight card will be announced at a later date.
- Floyd's opponent will be Japanese. Rules are undecided.
- The event is organized by "MEGA production committee". They operate a company called Trustline Co. Ltd., which develops WEB marketing business and e-commerce business. Mayweather is developing a health food business in collaboration with the company.
- The representative director of "MEGA Production Committee" said that they thought they could create a place where Mayweather could fight in Japan, and with the cooperation of overseas funds, they organized "MEGA2021".
- Although it will be a large-scale event, all government guidelines regarding coronavirus will be followed. Part of the profit will be donated to medical professionals who are working at the forefront of the covid pandemic

Last edited:
Em61sRHUUAAOr7r

Em67H3eVEAEcaxe

Tenshin vs Shiro II will be on the undercard which is wild. Must have been an offer so good RISE couldn’t refuse

I wonder if this will be rigged or not <45>

Is the point of this nothing more than to brings eyes to this company that isn't a combat sports company????????

Seems to be better ways to spend money on brand building than this sideshow circus.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/byline/takaokondo/20201117-00208173/

Mikuru Asakura is the big favorite to face Floyd Mayweather on February 28. Boxing rules. It all depends of the outcome of the title bout with Yutaka Saito this Saturday.

Floyd's opponent will not be an active Japanese professional boxer, because they are under the jurisdiction of the JBC (Japan Boxing Commission) and are not allowed to participate in martial arts events. The choice is narrowed down to a kickboxer or MMA fighter. Weight limit will be in the 65-70kg range.

Mikuru has a great mind for the fight game so I think he'll do better than Tenshin (helps to not be two classes smaller too) but ultimately an easy win for Mayweather.

Can't wait for my fight with Mayweather! I've just gotten back into the gym for the first time in a couple years, felt great to hit the pads again. Time to prove the doubters who say I'm a washed up amateur wrong.

Back