Mega men GNC

Weonlywonsixtwo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Right now I take centurm, I was wondering what your thoughts on this is and how you would comapre it to GNC Megamen.

Go for the Mega Men. I have been taking it and liked it so far (for about 3 or so months now).

GNC Mega Men is leaps and bounds better. It actully absorbs plus you get the maximum amount of vitamins you need, unlike centrum, where you get the bare minimum. Also with GNC you can tell youre getting what you need, and flushing whatever you dont need out, by the color of your urine. I always liked that little tid bit, just cause I know thats a way of telling if the vitamin is doing its job.

yea but doesnt mega man have a little bit to much of everything in it?? Its got way too much vitamin E for sure. Maybe if you took 1 instead of the 2 a days. I take centrum preformance.. its got a bit more than regular centrum ur pee is still crazy yellow and its not nearly as potent..

bcp901 said:
yea but doesnt mega man have a little bit to much of everything in it?? Its got way too much vitamin E for sure. Maybe if you took 1 instead of the 2 a days. I take centrum preformance.. its got a bit more than regular centrum ur pee is still crazy yellow and its not nearly as potent..
I haven't read anything on Centrum Performance yet, so I dont know too much about that. GNC Mega Men might have alittle too much of certain things, but not enough to cause any harm, I assume. There are also alot of other added goodies in Mega Men such a L-Arginine and such. (Its a blend so you dont get a lot of whatever the goodies are, but its in there none the less.) I am new to the supplement word though learning as I go along. (Working at GNC has helped a great amount.)

bcp901 said:
I take centrum performance too cause i couldn't afford mega man.. :rolleyes:

when you all say u love it, what exactly does that mean???
Does the multi give u guys more energy and more immune to sickness???

I doubt the GNC is all that better than Centrum or even cheaper brands. Every time I buy something from my local GNC, there is always this one sales dude that tries to sell me MegaMen after asking me what I am taking (I go for a no frills one-a-day for men, http://www.one-a-day.com/products/menshealth.shtml ). He points out how much higher the MegaMen is for each nutrient.

I consider trying it, but I always decide not to. My take is that I probably piss out most of the excess vitamins from my current multivitamin anyway, why should I spend 5x more? For me, the vitamin is for insurance anyway, as I try to eat get vitamin rich foods daily. If there is a clear study that the bioavailability/absorbability of the GNC vitamins over cheaper brands, I'd be interesting in reading it.

I love megamens, and yeah it works great for me. I feel much better throughout the day, and much healthier. And when I go to BJJ I have more energy.

I consider trying it, but I always decide not to. My take is that I probably piss out most of the excess vitamins from my current multivitamin anyway, why should I spend 5x more? For me, the vitamin is for insurance anyway, as I try to eat get vitamin rich foods daily. If there is a clear study that the bioavailability/absorbability of the GNC vitamins over cheaper brands, I'd be interesting in reading it.

What you piss out is mostly B Vitamins, not all of them.

Another benefit of GNC Vitamins is they don't have a lot of additives and preservatives, look at the "other ingredients" list. Some brands have things that detract from vitamin potency and absorption, so their stuff has more of a shelf-life.

Centrum = crap either way you look at it. There's a reason certain shit is always cheaper.

What do you think about that mega men green forumla powder stuff, Kabuki?

Theres a Mega Men Green formula powder? I never noticed it @_@

Its probably in a bottle, and I am going to bet it isn't very good.(As far as taste goes atleast. I am sure the actual purpose of the powder, replenishing vitamins and such, does work.) I know we have the liquid Mega Men Green stuff, in orange flavor, and from what I can gather, the few people that have bought the product no longer buy it because of the horrid taste. Plus I never see them leave the shelfs at the store I work at.

Has anyone tried the new Mega Men Sports multi? Its been selling well where I work, was thinking of jumping on that after my bottle of Mega Men is gone.

Grady said:
I doubt the GNC is all that better than Centrum or even cheaper brands. Every time I buy something from my local GNC, there is always this one sales dude that tries to sell me MegaMen after asking me what I am taking (I go for a no frills one-a-day for men, http://www.one-a-day.com/products/menshealth.shtml ). He points out how much higher the MegaMen is for each nutrient.

I agree. I haven't seen anything to indicated the Mega Men is better absorbed than any other time-release formula, but like Kabuki says, Centrum is crap. It was in the Sample Report at Consumer Reports once and it was the only brand shown in the sample that didn't test out. Which is amazing to me, but not a major concern (Centrum isn't the cheap stuff, anyway).

It seems to be forgotten, though, with these "magic pills," that your body's assimilation across the vitamin spectrum is gonna be total crap if you're not eating enough fruits and veggies, and of the right variety. But that's hard work, so people don't tend to get excited about it and fill up threads asking which veggies they should eat.

Also, I've never consciously noticed a difference in the way I feel from a multivitamin. Never. I take it because science tells me to, but aside from perhaps feeling a bit more energized (which could be attributed to a million things), I really don't notice a differnce.

Now, when I get the diet right, I notice A WORLD OF CHANGE.

Madmick said:
Also, I've never consciously noticed a difference in the way I feel from a multivitamin. Never. I take it because science tells me to, but aside from perhaps feeling a bit more energized (which could be attributed to a million things), I really don't notice a differnce.

Now, when I get the diet right, I notice A WORLD OF CHANGE.

The above also goes for me, Mick. I take the basic Men's One-a-Day multi, regularly, and notice, maybe, a slight difference in wellness after 2-3 months of steady usage. But eating good foods, regularly, has a much more noticeable difference, based on my own subjective experience.

By the way, are there any scientific (not MARKETING) studies that compare the effectiveness of vitamins available for free online? (I checked, but the good stuff seems to be subscription only).

KK stated that "Centrum = crap" but, honestly, I like to see some objective evidence.

Consumer Reports rated Kirkland Multivitamins (Costco Brand) #1 in multies. I'll see if I can post the results. According to them it absorbs much faster then others, and is cheaper to boot. I believe CR over a salesman anyday.

Back