Meditation, hypnosis and bizzare benefits...

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Curious to know if you have done any form of meditation or hypnosis and if you had any strange or do I dare to say experiences that border on fiction?

I ask because I had one. I remember being in a meditation and deeply paying attention to breath and posture. The conclusion was a cooling sensation but the magical benefit was the instant recovery from boxing and weight training.

It may not seem impressive bit considering how athletes pay shit tons of money for PEDs for recovery I say it would be a damn good ability to have. Wish I could reach that consistency though since that session I was very motivated by meditating properly.

I meditate every day. There are lots of benefits, but I wouldn't classify any of them as bizarre. But consistency comes with time. Embrace the process for its own sake and you'll see increased consistency over time.

My uncle stopped smoking after 20 years after hypnosis session.

I think it has a lot to do with mental weakness tbh....a willingness to believe nonsense

I meditate every day. There are lots of benefits, but I wouldn't classify any of them as bizarre. But consistency comes with time. Embrace the process for its own sake and you'll see increased consistency over time.

True it's just that most times I take the passive approach of closing eyes and breathing slowly. That one time I was motivated in making sure the breath and posture were correct and consistent. The result was excellent but it felt like work.

I think it has a lot to do with mental weakness tbh....a willingness to believe nonsense

I am still new so I feel like I am not qualified to give my opinion but I always wondered about this stuff like mental crutch and human potential.

this is kind of funny. immediately after I made my post, on a real old Joe Rogan podcast, pretty much with perfect timing Joe brought up hypnosis and specifically mentioned how it works especially for things like quitting smoking

the timing was incredible

this is kind of funny. immediately after I made my post, on a real old Joe Rogan podcast, pretty much with perfect timing Joe brought up hypnosis and specifically mentioned how it works especially for things like quitting smoking

the timing was incredible

I only remember Joe schilling talking about helping him forgive his father and for in ring performance.

I do guided meditation for my anxiety, but can only mediate for 10 minutes or so.

I like meditating when I drive my car, because it makes my car feel like a giant go kart. The world is so beautiful when you come out from your excessive intrusive thoughts and live outside of it.

Don’t be a prisoner of your own endless thoughts. Free yourself.

3506DE95-69FC-4A3C-978F-6FC75AE800D6.jpeg

Hypnosis only works on the fucking weakest. So it works on most.

Its pathetic.

Sage advise.

Hypnosis works because of the placebo effect.

But it still works. So if it helps you then go for it.

What's weird is that they've done studies that show placebo works even when the people know it's a placebo. You would think it would lose all effect but it doesn't.

True it's just that most times I take the passive approach of closing eyes and breathing slowly. That one time I was motivated in making sure the breath and posture were correct and consistent. The result was excellent but it felt like work.
That is natural. Once you have gotten to that point, the next stage is to let go of the 'work' aspect. Let it be what it is rather than make it be what it is. Don't engage with the distractions and imperfections. Just notice them and let go of them.

Look up the concept of resting awareness. Short version - be a neutral observer rather than an active participant.

The "placebo effect" is dealing with willpower, so that's not much of a knock against it.

From watching Ancient Aliens, it's the meditation that allowed famous smart people to become aware of crazy advance mathematics and physics and stuff like that and rocket science.

That is natural. Once you have gotten to that point, the next stage is to let go of the 'work' aspect. Let it be what it is rather than make it be what it is. Don't engage with the distractions and imperfections. Just notice them and let go of them.

Look up the concept of resting awareness. Short version - be a neutral observer rather than an active participant.

this is a problem that ive had recently.

ive done basic mindful breath meditation for a few years now. there are a few times where i sort of reach this out of body feeling. i also become extremely happy for seemingly no reason. its a cool experience. BUT....reaching that state is not the point of meditation, and ironically, TRYING to reach that state prevents me from doing so.

long story short, i have this underlying goal-oriented attitude when i meditate lately and its been less meaningful. hopefully this will go away with time.

Meditation doesn't have to be "meta".

Its just like doing reps for the brain.

For example, let's say you can play drums but you cant play drums and sing at the same time. If you practice, eventually your brain will gain the ability and build the connections so that you can. Just like it did when you were learning to write. As you type now it comes easily but there was a time that you struggled to read or write as a child.

Meditation is a similar concept for focus. You are training yourself to focus on some thing for longer without losing the focus.

At least that's how I use it. I never went super spiritual and saw god or started crying from "reaching another plane of emotion" or whatever other weird shit the hippie cousin in your family is up to.

this is a problem that ive had recently.

ive done basic mindful breath meditation for a few years now. there are a few times where i sort of reach this out of body feeling. i also become extremely happy for seemingly no reason. its a cool experience. BUT....reaching that state is not the point of meditation, and ironically, TRYING to reach that state prevents me from doing so.

long story short, i have this underlying goal-oriented attitude when i meditate lately and its been less meaningful. hopefully this will go away with time.

You are doing it right, don't listen to what those experts say. Just focus on the breath. You feel great because you were focusing on something without having your negative subconscious emotions or thoughts "grind your stomache".

Your brain is getting stronger.

I have been meditating daily for over twenty years. It is the most important thing I can do on a daily basis. Ive had tons of strange things like you say too. Once I had the flu and I went into deep meditation and when I came out I was completely better.

I need to get into Meditation. Will help with my stress. Gonna try yoga also.

I hope it becomes natural. I just feel like if I am not exerting myself then I am not getting the benefits compared to when I do. But then again exerting my attention requires more discipline as oppose to just closing my eyes and giving in to passivity. I don't know, maybe I should have an element of passivity with the element of work and discipline for long term effect.

Back