Social Medical Research Fails Revealed

The biggest medical research fail is health authorities’ refusal to take a close look at medical errors and deaths.

One estimate has the rate of death due to medical error at 3-400,000 per year in the US alone.

Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/new...rs_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us

Our systems for measuring medication adverse events is also severely flawed and guaranteed to underestimate the actual damage being done.
It's a good thing that it is so difficult to become a doctor and that this is such a regulated field, so that this doesn't happen.

Cancer treatment is another one of those medical health areas that concerns me. I'm currently reading the book Knockout by actress and health advocate Suzanne Somers.

The book is basically about how chemo therapy does not work. The book makes a case about chemo not working and instead is causing a lot of misery and death, highlighting studies and interviewing alternative doctors using other methods to treat cancer patients. On the front cover it says the book was a best seller. It's well written so I can understand that. Bit surprised by that as alternative cancer data and writings tends to be hushed up.

It isn't the first time I've read mention that chemo does not work at curing cancer patients. Over the years I've read several other book giving the same message.

It is one of those areas that one has to make choices on what to believe I suppose.

Reminds me of the AIDS alternative ideas. Course the discovers of AIDS came from the cancer research industry and some similarities between how AIDS has been treated and cancer treatment can be seen.

Knockout: Interviews with Doctors Who Are Curing Cancer--And How to Prevent Getting It in the First Place

https://www.amazon.com/Knockout-Int...78879&sprefix=knock+out+suzanne,aps,96&sr=8-1

Two words:

BIG PHARMA.

220px-Manwithtinfoilhat.jpg

What is being said about anti depressants has been said for decades, that they do not work or work well, are addictive and can have unpleasant side effects. I've felt badly for those with depression. It is a terrible disease, something that far to many Americans suffer from. Depression might be the number one health condition Americans have problems with, and sadly the top treatment doctors prescribe for depression does not work or work well.

Remember this old article on mental health and thought it possibly helpful for those with depression.

Mental illness is not ‘all in the mind’

https://www.drbriffa.com/2011/08/11/mental-illness-is-not-all-in-the-mind/

Psychiatry is a profession supposedly there to help people with mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and schizophrenia. That’s the idea anyway. I say this because, in reality, it’s not the most effective of disciplines, I think. The drugs often don’t work too well, and usually come with significant side effects too. If I had my time again, there’s no way in the world I would choose to be a conventionally practising psychiatrist.

In my view, one of the major deficiencies of psychiatry is how it views almost all mental illness as a problem which originates in the brain. The psychiatric model of illness is generally based on the idea that brain function goes awry when brain chemicals (neurochemicals) become imbalanced. For example, depression is seen very often as a result of not having enough serotonin. So, drugs that elevate levels of serotonin then become the mainstay treatment for this condition.

Over the years, though, I’ve seen quite a lot of people in practice who seem to have or have been formally diagnosed with some form of mental illness, who actually turn out to have their problem rooted in issues that fall, strictly speaking, outside the brain. Here are a few examples:

1. people with mood swings caused by fluctuation in blood sugar levels

2. people with depression who have low thyroid function

3. people with low mood who have iron deficiency and/or anaemia

4. people with low mood/depression who have weakened adrenal gland function

5. people who have low mood/depression as a result of food sensitivity issues (often wheat, by the way)

6. people who have the symptoms of bulimia nervosa (binging and purging) as a result of blood sugar fluctuation

7. people who have anxiety/depression as a result of a deficiency in omega-3 fats

8. people who have anxiety/insomnia as a result of low levels of magnesium

The important thing is that when the underlying nature of these issues are rectified, the mental state of individuals usually takes on a completely different complexion.

Most psychiatrists, I think it’s fair to say, will generally not entertain such thoughts. This is, to a large part I think, a product of their schooling. If every psychiatric journal and psychiatry conference bangs on about the neurochemical basis of mental illness, it’s perhaps no surprise that many psychiatrists will not have a mind to look further and deeper than this. However, not all psychiatrists are of this persuasion, it seems.

I was very interested this week to come across this article on line in the Wall Street Journal. The article is about the book Unmasking Psychological Symptoms: How Therapists Can Learn to Recognize the Psychological Presentation of Medical Disorders by US psychiatrist Barbara Schildkrout. The book’s not out yet, so I haven’t read it. But even without the detail, I wholeheartedly support the sentiment of the book. It’s essentially urging psychological therapists to be alive to the fact that their patients may have mental symptoms as a result of pathology the origin of which is not the brain, but the body. Should be compulsory reading, I think, for all psychiatrists keen to do the best for their patients.
Like.
Great post.
100% agreed.
It should be a must read for every therapist.

I'm not questioning your post but it makes me think we all still don't know what we're talking about.... your post in particular makes me think that. But I'm not saying that because I think you're wrong or that what you're saying didn't happen it's just that I've seen countless cases of depression cured by meditation and by self-examination with never even one case having anything to do with nutrition of any kind....

My own severe depression was completely cured by self-examination and meditation. So you're going on about nutrition healing people's depression and I believe you and I'm going on about self-examination and meditation somebody else is going on about I don't know what and we all seem to be getting well... I can't explain that.

@dirtypablo
That’s why depression is such a hard disease. You don’t have one “fix it all” available for all people. Some it’s their diet, some it’s more exercise, some it’s learning better coping mechanisms, some respond well to medication, there are so many factors.

I mean I saw someone say, go outside and nature is a cure while if you’re severely depressed, you can’t even get out of bed.

Often times it’s a combination and learning through trial and error what works best for you.

That’s why depression is such a hard disease. You don’t have one “fix it all” available for all people. Some it’s their diet, some it’s more exercise, some it’s learning better coping mechanisms, some respond well to medication, there are so many factors.

I mean I saw someone say, go outside and nature is a cure while if you’re severely depressed, you can’t even get out of bed.

Often times it’s a combination and learning through trial and error what works best for you.

I think the Crux of the issue lies in the will. Everybody I've worked with who has depression has a problem with their will they do not will to live they do not will to truly experience life. Most of the so-called cures for depression are really just external ways of addressing the issue with the will. When they work it's great but it might be good just to have a conversation about the will itself because everyone I know who's beating depression has had to go in there and make a new choice. They have had to go in and get in touch with fact that they don't really want to live and have willed not to truly live at a deep level and decide they do want ro before they feel like it and that seems to be enough to begin to reverse the entire process.

It is also quite common for someone to say they truly want to have a good life only to find out that on a deeper level they're choosing not to in their will. I feel like all the other drivers like exercise and diet even meditation all of it is really just people accessing the will without realizing it.

Sometimes the choice not to live has been made at a very Central pivotal moment in their life and if they could figure that out they can make a new choice and other times it's a result of a long trip of negative experiences but in either case you can change your will and everything starts to change after that. Depression is just a symptom of the will it's not the cause.

In the west we don't even talk about the will anymore but it used to be fundamental and central to transformation and I think we've lost persspective on that a little bit.

Last edited:
Anyone come by yet to attack the source or tell everyone they are fucking idiots who don't understand science?

I wonder what political end of the spectrum that predominantly comes from.
The one thing you can trust the experts on is when they tell people their kids need to be on hormone blockers. Also the experts know kids need to learn everything about the lgbtq... world at a young age. Also they know kids need to discuss with the experts the possibility their gay with no interference from parents because parents could have a bias and what do parents know anyway.
The left knows all this to be true and will fight the bigots who propose things like the "don't say gay bill" because unlike bigoted conservatives they know all the latest expert talking points.

Back