Medical advice, might be close to a heart attack

as someone who has had a list 10 pages long of medical conditions and that currently has heart issues, go to the ER immediately. Your life isn’t something you can afford to blow off and not take seriously. Money/insurance is completely irrelevant.

Go to the ER.

NOW.

Yeah the poor typically don't get analysis done, unless they've resigned themselves to be in debt forever. I've glued wounds shut, popped my dislocated finger back in, and waited for mysterious pain to just get better many times. Hell something has been wrong with my wrist for about 6 months, and I'm just waiting for it to slowly heal. X-rays are expensive.

I legit didn't know it was that bad, I thought the poor had access but it was shitty or some such. That's a horrible way to live.

Reckon you're doing the right thing in the circumstances. Fingers crossed for you.

I've had an inflamed solar plexus before and a dodgy pancreas, both caused incredible pain in that area but no heart issues so I feel ya situation a bit. Hope it's that.

I would do some cocaine next time it hurts, but thats just me

Joking aside, go to the er see a doc, its going to be thousands.

Just make payments for 20.00 a month, you will be alright. You can likely negotiate with the hospital, lets say you owe 3g, they might take 2g

Let the ER.doctor know you can't see a cardiologist for awhile, maybe he can prescribe something to hold you over.till ur insurance kicks in

You have a serious pain and think it could be heart attack related, so you wait and consult with on-line forums about it instead of going to a hospital? Be a friend to yourself and go check yourself in. I hope you’re okay.

I legit didn't know it was that bad, I thought the poor had access but it was shitty or some such. That's a horrible way to live.

Reckon you're doing the right thing in the circumstances. Fingers crossed for you.

I've had an inflamed solar plexus before and a dodgy pancreas, both caused incredible pain in that area but no heart issues so I feel ya situation a bit. Hope it's that.

There are clinics, but they aren't equipped to deal with serious issues. They have what we call urgent care that is similar, but depending on the area they charge up front and have limited capabilities too. As others said the ER is always an option, but is very, very expensive. Absurdly expensive really.
Mike how you feeling buddy

Little sore but not bad. The pain was only really bad while I was working. Went to the store and got over the counter pain relievers and anti inflammatory stuff. Put some heat on it, stretched a little bit, and have been taking it easy otherwise. The location and severity of the pain, combined with my medical history (my heart has always been defective, had chest pain since I was 8) and being in shit shape made me worry initially.

I think it's either a pulled muscle, inflammation in the muscles around the sternum, or both. Gonna try to get a little more exercise in tomorrow and hopefully it'll be ok by the time I work again, on friday night.

To the people saying just go and damn the costs, I get that pov I really do. But I've spent the last 6 years digging my way out of medical debts and debts incurred in my divorce. Undoing the last 6 years of work in one swoop because I'm in pain simply is not an option. It just isn't. Not unless I really think death is imminent. Thanks to some of the advice I got ITT I think I've narrowed it down to relatively minor muscle strain and or inflammation that while painful isn't life threatening, so if that's the case I'm going to tough it out. Appreciate everyone that expressed concern or gave me advice.

Yeah advice of all sorts has literally always been a key part of the berry. Talking about every gruesome murder that makes the news, not so much. It's funny that multiple people have tripped over themselves to come say I told you so about some other unrelated thread, when I'm potentially having serious health problems. Stay classy, I couldn't imagine doing that to someone I hated much less a random dude.

You are missing the point. The S+C forum doesn't even allow injury threads. Why? Because Sherdog is not the place for medical advice on a serious injury. On something serious like heart issues, Sherdog is the place to go? The obvious answer was given several times here - go to the ER, Urgent Care, or see a doctor ASAP. It doesn't seem like you are taking the advice either, so what exactly did you expect?

You can play victim all of you want, but this is actually the most useful advice you can get on the subject and it's repeating what several others have said. Do not go to the Mayberry (or any random forum) for advice on something serious before seeing a doctor. Also, money doesn't mean shit if you are dead. Your health has to come before anything else in this situation.

Sounds like your symptoms were bad enough to cause you to panic but chronic anxiety can make us prone to self diagnose and fear the worst. Hope there's nothing seriously wrong with you Mike but maybe take this as a wake up call to clean your diet up, try and get a bit of regular exercise (gentle yoga and regular walking is enough), lose a bit of weight and of course stop smoking if you still do.

Glad to see it's not as bad as you thought homie.

please don't die

tumblr_mhrb40l9Qz1s34evuo6_1280.jpg

There are clinics, but they aren't equipped to deal with serious issues. They have what we call urgent care that is similar, but depending on the area they charge up front and have limited capabilities too. As others said the ER is always an option, but is very, very expensive. Absurdly expensive really.

Little sore but not bad. The pain was only really bad while I was working. Went to the store and got over the counter pain relievers and anti inflammatory stuff. Put some heat on it, stretched a little bit, and have been taking it easy otherwise. The location and severity of the pain, combined with my medical history (my heart has always been defective, had chest pain since I was 8) and being in shit shape made me worry initially.

I think it's either a pulled muscle, inflammation in the muscles around the sternum, or both. Gonna try to get a little more exercise in tomorrow and hopefully it'll be ok by the time I work again, on friday night.

To the people saying just go and damn the costs, I get that pov I really do. But I've spent the last 6 years digging my way out of medical debts and debts incurred in my divorce. Undoing the last 6 years of work in one swoop because I'm in pain simply is not an option. It just isn't. Not unless I really think death is imminent. Thanks to some of the advice I got ITT I think I've narrowed it down to relatively minor muscle strain and or inflammation that while painful isn't life threatening, so if that's the case I'm going to tough it out. Appreciate everyone that expressed concern or gave me advice.

Baby aspirin wouldn't be a bad idea.

My colleague had a similar issue recently during lunch break. Acute chest pain made him sit down for 15mins. He went to the A&E, had ECG and troponin, all were normal.

He was referred to the cardiologist with no findings, so he has been scheduled for the stress test in another week. If we ever find out what it could be, will let you know as a possible cause.

Back